2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Terrible luck for the Nuggets so far. Any time Blake makes shots it might not be your night. That guy is garbage.

You still can't leave him open behind the arc lie Denver is with him and Artest.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:08 AM)
The Thunder are gonna straight roll the Lakers.

It will be interesting. In theory, it's the ultimate back-court vs front-court game. The Lakers' bigs need to step up like they just did in Game 7 consistently over 7 more games to stand a chance.

Thunder in 6, only because you know they're going to have one off-night and Kobe is going to steal one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:07 AM)
It will be interesting. In theory, it's the ultimate back-court vs front-court game. The Lakers' bigs need to step up like they just did in Game 7 consistently over 7 more games to stand a chance.

Thunder in 6, only because you know they're going to have one off-night and Kobe is going to steal one.

6 is a safe bet. Lakers are going to regret not finishing Denver off in 5. The schedule for them is not too kind. 4 games in 6 days starting Monday, including a rare back-2-back on Saturdauy/Sunday.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)

The Lakers bigs are good enough to win this series, but they have to more than just step up, they need to actually care for 7 games in a row, rather than shutting down for 3 or 4 games in the series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Actually thought the Pacers had a chance there in the 4th. MVP/Wade just took over.

Same problems for the Pacers as last year, can't close out teams without a legit go to guy.

I'm seeing that Bosh might be out for a while according to Hollinger, that could be a death blow to the Heat's chances...it would be 2 v 5 and the Indy bigs will maul the Heat's already suck ass FC.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 13, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
Same problems for the Pacers as last year, can't close out teams without a legit go to guy.

I'm seeing that Bosh might be out for a while according to Hollinger, that could be a death blow to the Heat's chances...it would be 2 v 5 and the Indy bigs will maul the Heat's already suck ass FC.

I think the Heat can still take the Pacers without Bosh, and I'd guess the Celtics too. The Thunder or Lakers could be trouble.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 13, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)

Pacers are a lot like the Sixers, IMO. They play good D and have some of athletes. But against good defensive teams, they're going to struggle offensively. Especially when their best player has to chase around the best player on earth for 35-40 minutes a night. They'll still win this series without Bosh. Celtics could be a problem. Especially since KG has suddenly morphed into his 2004 form.

I love how Stern fined Vogel for saying that the Heat are floppers, and then had an interview where he said flopping is a major concern for him and it needs to be addressed.

When did it become a fineable offense to say another team is a bunch of floppers? Is that some sort of ref criticism?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
I love how Stern fined Vogel for saying that the Heat are floppers, and then had an interview where he said flopping is a major concern for him and it needs to be addressed.

When did it become a fineable offense to say another team is a bunch of floppers? Is that some sort of ref criticism?

Hey he could have seriously hurt LeBrons feelings and caused his hairline to recede a couple of more inches.

Chris Bosh out indefinitely with an abdominal strain? lol. That's sounds just like a Chris Bosh type of injury. Anyway, I read that LeBron will spend a lot of time at the 4 with Battier at the 3. Poor David West. They'll still roll the Pacers. But the Celtics definitely have a shot now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Chris Bosh out indefinitely with an abdominal strain? lol. That's sounds just like a Chris Bosh type of injury. Anyway, I read that LeBron will spend a lot of time at the 4 with Battier at the 3. Poor David West. They'll still roll the Pacers. But the Celtics definitely have a shot now.

Same injury that caused Manu to miss 15 games this season

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)

I don't really get why J4L found it comical. That is an awful injury that effects just about every movement in your body.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
I don't really get why J4L found it comical. That is an awful injury that effects just about every movement in your body.

It sounds like "my tummy hurts". But I totally agree with you, much like your back when you strain an abdominal muscle it f***ing hurts

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)

Meh. It sounds trivial compared to torn ACLs and back surgeries. I consider Bosh pretty soft anyway.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
It sounds like "my tummy hurts". But I totally agree with you, much like your back when you strain an abdominal muscle it f***ing hurts

Anything in the core is extremely limiting to your overall movement. I've hurt my back and you cant even wipe your ass or get out of the car for weeks when I was waterskiing full time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
Wow, what a low scoring game.

I want to say it's just playoff basketball (defensive intensity way up, predominantly half-court ball, etc). But other than the Heat, Thunder and Spurs - this is just some bad basketball we've seen so far.

Edited by Jordan4life