2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All that (expletive) that I had to deal with John and everything, it was a total cluster(expletive)," said Del Negro, who coached the Bulls from 2008-10. "Listen, I understand the business: I hadn't coached before, and my first job was in Chicago, where I had absolutely no (management) support. Then I came to this position, where history spoke for itself. But I knew it was important to keep working at the craft."

-Vinny Del Negro

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
"All that (expletive) that I had to deal with John and everything, it was a total cluster(expletive)," said Del Negro, who coached the Bulls from 2008-10. "Listen, I understand the business: I hadn't coached before, and my first job was in Chicago, where I had absolutely no (management) support. Then I came to this position, where history spoke for itself. But I knew it was important to keep working at the craft."

-Vinny Del Negro

Dude gets handed Chris Paul and now he thinks he's Phil Jackson, apparently.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
Dude gets handed Chris Paul and now he thinks he's Phil Jackson, apparently.

Dude got handed Rose and couldnt figure him out. I love the "History speaks for itself" comment about the Clippers. Apparently he never heard about how Sterling abused Elgin Baylor

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Dude got handed Rose and couldnt figure him out. I love the "History speaks for itself" comment about the Clippers. Apparently he never heard about how Sterling abused Elgin Baylor

I don't know why he's feeling like he's the s*** after he BARELY got by the Grizzlies with a team that had two super stars.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
I don't know why he's feeling like he's the s*** after he BARELY got by the Grizzlies with a team that had two super stars.

So we're calling Blake Griffin a superstar now? Those Kia ads have paid off for him, eh?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)

I still remember Silvy pressing him on not using Derrick as his go-to guy to close out games and his complete non-answering of the question.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
So we're calling Blake Griffin a superstar now? Those Kia ads have paid off for him, eh?

His stats say yes. Watching him play though, not really.

I was just trying to make a point that Vinny still sucks at everything he does.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
His stats say yes. Watching him play though, not really.

I was just trying to make a point that Vinny still sucks at everything he does.

His stats show regression despite playing with the best distributor in the NBA. His game says he really can't score with anyone between him and the basket, and his shooting is horrendous.

Blake Griffin is not even close to an NBA superstar.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
His stats show regression despite playing with the best distributor in the NBA. His game says he really can't score with anyone between him and the basket, and his shooting is horrendous.

There's serious, legit talent there, but it could use some coaching.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
There's serious, legit talent there, but it could use some coaching.

Don't worry, Vinny's got it. He's an elite coach, and has officially shown the Bulls what's up because he squeaked by the Grizz in 7 games.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
Philly's defense is not to be ignored. They are pulling 70 point games over and over in the playoffs, thats pretty impressive even with Rose out.

They got completely smoked the one game Rose played. A healthy Bulls squad would have swept them and averaged right around 100. They are a painful matchup for the Celtics, however.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
They got completely smoked the one game Rose played. A healthy Bulls squad would have swept them and averaged right around 100. They are a painful matchup for the Celtics, however.

I watched some of Q4 last night and couldn't believe how lackadasical Rondo appeared. He had more than a few chances to drive into the lane, and just kept settling for jumpers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)
I watched some of Q4 last night and couldn't believe how lackadasical Rondo appeared. He had more than a few chances to drive into the lane, and just kept settling for jumpers.

A Rondo shooting jumpers needs to have his head examined. He hits one first-half buzzer beater and thinks he's Kobe now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)

I don't see any real regression at all, in fact, his offensive game actually improved from an efficiency standpoint.

He shot better this year (5% better in fact) and was more efficient on the offensive end. All of this makes sense since he had Chris Paul. Unless you were expecting him to be a top 5 MVP contender, I don't see how he regressed this year at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)

His stats are nearly identical in everything except FG% (better) and FT% (worse). His usage rate is down, which would happen when you go from Baron Davis/Mo Williams to Chris Paul at the point, and his minutes are also down slightly.

Those same flaws apply to 90% of the big men in the league. Very few of them average/averaged 22-11 in their first two seasons.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
His stats are nearly identical in everything except FG% (better) and FT% (worse). His usage rate is down, which would happen when you go from Baron Davis/Mo Williams to Chris Paul at the point, and his minutes are also down slightly.

Those same flaws apply to 90% of the big men in the league. Very few of them average/averaged 22-11 in their first two seasons.

Well, his boards were down more per game, so I guess that annoyed me. However, he's still not near a superstar.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
Well, his boards were down more per game, so I guess that annoyed me. However, he's still not near a superstar.

He's down barely a rebound per game, and that's in fewer minutes. Talk about nitpicking.

While he's definitely not on the top tier, saying he's "not near" a superstar is ridiculous. There probably aren't 5 big men in the league that are definitively better than him, and this is still only his second year in the league.

I can watch Blake and see he is not a superstar. All he can do is dunk. Thinks he is a ball handler and mid range shooter but not even close.

If he develops a shot, he could be a more explosive Karl Malone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)

A healthy Bulls squad sweeps them in 3.