2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to respect Miami's stubborn refusal to give up on shooting 3s. Eventually they have to start making them, but its just silly. Need to get Lebron going towards the basket, Wades seemingly screwed up, so may as well tell Lebron its Cleveland and he just needs to go crazy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
No precise time. All they've given us is "indefinitely." I knew they'd miss him. But not this much.

I saw something today that said at least 2 weeks. They miss him because he's a HOF flopper. That one with Boozer last year may be the all time best

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
I saw something today that said at least 2 weeks. They miss him because he's a HOF flopper. That one with Boozer last year may be the all time best

That injury is a minimum 2 week injury, 4 weeks certainly possible, depending on if he pushes it back before he's 100%. Could legitimately cost the whole season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
Indiana is a tough team, they had the interior advantage even when Miami was full strength. They need to come out of this time out with all their starters and go for the kill.

No Bosh means a lot more Joel Anthony and Ronny Turiaf on the court. And that's just not good. That said, Miami should still have enough to win this series. If they don't, no excuses.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Right which is why losing Bosh is so devastating in this series, because Indiana is a bigger team. Against many other teams it wouldnt have mattered as much.

Yes, I was agreeing with you. Hibbert is a solid C. But against Anthony Turiaf and Pittman (lol@pittman), he looks like Dwight out there.

The Heat are good for the NBA.

And I think the less they win in the postseason, the better. They can milk this "when will the big 3 win?" thing for at least a couple more years.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
The Heat are good for the NBA.

And I think the less they win in the postseason, the better. They can milk this "when will the big 3 win?" thing for at least a couple more years.

Might not be a big 3 next year. After what they did two summers ago, to be ringless two years later is unacceptable.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Might not be a big 3 next year. After what they did two summers ago, to be ringless two years later is unacceptable.

If they start unloading (this may be premature as there is a lot of Miami-Indiana basketball left to play) the Bulls can't spend a bunch of time in a rebuild mode. The Eastern Conference will be there for the taking.

Its a shame Bosh is out, because I think if the Pacers play that well they can beat Miami any night.

They have good athletes to guard Lebron/Wade and they are just forcing Miami to shoot jumpers.

I cant believe people b**** about Lebron, hes keeping that team together. Wade is way to mercurial, and Spoelstra does nothing. Maybe one day hell realize he should have come to Chicago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Its a shame Bosh is out, because I think if the Pacers play that well they can beat Miami any night.

They have good athletes to guard Lebron/Wade and they are just forcing Miami to shoot jumpers.

I cant believe people b**** about Lebron, hes keeping that team together. Wade is way to mercurial, and Spoelstra does nothing. Maybe one day hell realize he should have come to Chicago.

Any way they lose is fine by me.

It's not exactly like I'd look at this season and say its unfair if te Heat lose because of an injury.

It was so dumb for LeBron to not go to Chicago if all he was worried about was winning titles. I think Derrick has pushed guys like LeBron, Dwight away. Superstar in his hometown takes the spotlight away too much.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Isn't that just because of the f***ed up schedule at staples this weekend?

They have to fit 4 basketball games & one hockey game from Friday-Sunday. (Kings are already playing there tonight)