2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
I think people forget just how good May was in college.

Part of that was that he stayed 4 years though. Comparing a 22 year old Senior to a 20 year old Sophomore always runs that risk.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
I think people forget just how good May was in college.

Agreed.

Sullinger just seems more driven to get better and a harder worker than May came off as, IMO

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
This may explain why Wade has stunk recently.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...f-his-problems/

If it's serious, stick a fork in the Heat...they done.

f*** THIS BULLs***. This always happens with Wade. If he has a bad game, he has a non-disclosed injury that he has been dealing with for a long time that nobody knew about until just now. If he has a great game after that, he has suddenly risen above the many obstacles in his way. if the team fails, well it was because Wade was injured. if the team succeeds, OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE WADE DID THAT WHILE INJURED?!!?

I hate that guy. Every year its the same bulls***

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
f*** THIS BULLs***. This always happens with Wade. If he has a bad game, he has a non-disclosed injury that he has been dealing with for a long time that nobody knew about until just now. If he has a great game after that, he has suddenly risen above the many obstacles in his way. if the team fails, well it was because Wade was injured. if the team succeeds, OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE WADE DID THAT WHILE INJURED?!!?

Yeah - Wade always has an excuse.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
I feel like Sullinger is going to be a massive bust. If Sean May couldn't make it, I don't know how Sullinger will. I also think the idea of Thomas Robinson being the 2nd pick in the draft is crazy.

May could actually score in the league before he started gaining weight like crazy.

I feel like people know Sullinger's limitations so it'd be hard to really call him a "bust". Drummond and Jones don't have the same athletic limitations that he does, so the failure is a bit more spectacular.

As for Robinson, he's not exactly a consensus #2 (two of the three boards I generally check have him at #4) and he'd hardly be the most ridiculous top-5 pick we've ever seen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)

Fall seven times, get up eight.

My question...

...why the f*** did you start on the ground?

But seriously. I hate Wade. CJ Watson had plantar fasciitis in both damn feet and got crucified but didn't mention it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
The refs doing everything they can do keep the Lakers in the game tonight.

It's starting to even out. Every time I watch this Thunder team, I end up saying to myself multiple times: how in the hell do you hit the lotto (no pun intended) on three consecutive lottery picks?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
Strong effort by the refs tonight to make this a series.

Stop whining about the refs, what is it with Bulls fans and refs?

Kevin.Love

/Felix impression :lolhitting

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

One day after giving up Twitter, Ozzie Guillen rips Dwyane Wade.

A day after vowing to be done with Twitter, the outspoken manager of the Miami Marlins continued to shoot from the hip, saying Wade's behavior toward Heat coach Erik Spoelstra during a Thursday loss "can guarantee a fight."

"I will kick his ass," Guillen told reporters Friday. "Well, I won't say I'll kick his ass. They'll kick my ass because they're bigger than me, and I'm older. But I will take my chances. Some people have to understand our job."

TalkBulls was going for a while. Then some of the more frequent posters stopped going there, and we kept having to suspend two of the most frequent non-Soxtalk posters. Then the Soxtalk-based people that used to post there a lot (me, Steve, Slav mainly) started going to this thread instead.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2012 -> 12:19 AM)
Spurs / Thunder

Who do you pick?

OKC is the popular pick, obviously. But I think San Antonio can give them a tough series. I'd say OKC in 6 or 7.