2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 20, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
OKC is the popular pick, obviously. But I think San Antonio can give them a tough series. I'd say OKC in 6 or 7.

This is where I'm leaning.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
I may simply know less about this Spurs team than any team to make the conference finals in a decade.

They just are too calm and collected for me to go against them. Down 24 they looked like "Oh yeah, basketball. We need to play that thing."

Duncan isn't looking like Prime Playoff Duncan, but instead he's looking like Just Out of His Prime Playoff Duncan. Parker is having a renaissance. Manu is doing his thing, Green and Leonard are producing. Diaw and SJax are both filling their role perfectly, as are Splitter and Bonner.

And Popp is just trying to cement his status as second greatest coach ever.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ May 20, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm rooting for Indy, but it's so depressing just knowing what could have been...

And maybe it's only in my head, but I HATE that the fouls depend on what jersey you're wearing.

The Pacers are only ahead in this game because of getting to the foul line.

But no team in the league has less right to complain about that than Miami.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
The Pacers are only ahead in this game because of getting to the foul line.

But no team in the league has less right to complain about that than Miami.

Ok, I'm switching between the Sox game and this one, it just seems like when I switch back it's some bs foul favoring Miami.

Indiana's bigs never got going. Hansbrough kept traveling on wide open looks at the basket. Hibbert was in foul trouble. West missed open shots.

Haslem also got going. Kind of reminds me of game 2 of last year's ECF. Haslem came out of nowhere and provided a huge boost for the Heat.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 20, 2012 -> 05:28 PM)
40-18-9? wtf? Oh well. Indiana pretty much blew it. Winning game 3 would mean nothing without taking game 4 as well.

LeBron never steps up in big games.

Actually, games like today are the reason why everyone talks s***. With his skill, he should be dropping games like this all the time. This series ain't over though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2012 -> 12:20 AM)
Watched the entire game tonight and never thought once that the Clippers were going to actually win, even when they went up 5 late in the 4th.

Their offensive structure is very stagnant. Absolutely no creative plays (other than lob city) or flow in their game. Lots of dribbling and no execution (it's seriously like watching their small guards look like Kirk Hinrich). Great building blocks for the future, but they better hope Blake finds a better box game.. and soon. Their final two plays describes VDN to a tee.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 21, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)
Their offensive structure is very stagnant. Absolutely no creative plays (other than lob city) or flow in their game. Lots of dribbling and no execution (it's seriously like watching their small guards look like Kirk Hinrich). Great building blocks for the future, but they better hope Blake finds a better box game.. and soon. Their final two plays describes VDN to a tee.

I agree. Though I think a healthy Chauncey Billups improves their half-court offense immensely. I expected Blake to improve off his spectacular "rookie" season. He was still good. But Kevin Love shot right past him. They need to get some better pieces around their two stars.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2012 -> 05:43 AM)
I agree. Though I think a healthy Chauncey Billups improves their half-court offense immensely. I expected Blake to improve off his spectacular "rookie" season. He was still good. But Kevin Love shot right past him. They need to get some better pieces around their two stars.

Yea but Chauncey hasn't been healthy for a number of years now, counting on him to be around to lead the charge was foolish.

So sad to see VDN lose in a sweep after all of the s*** he went through in Chicago.....

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2012 -> 06:43 AM)

When people looked at their roster before the season they said it looked stellar (that might have been you, don't remember). Yes, Billups got hurt, but they also added height since then which was their preseason weakness.

Having CP3 on your roster and a low post/lob option that prevents a team from leaving the basket to challenge the midrange or driving games ought to be the setup for a stellar half court offense, unless you have a coach who simply doesn't know how to organize an offense.

I'm wondering how good that team would be with Thibs, and it kinda scares me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2012 -> 07:02 AM)
When people looked at their roster before the season they said it looked stellar (that might have been you, don't remember). Yes, Billups got hurt, but they also added height since then which was their preseason weakness.

Having CP3 on your roster and a low post/lob option that prevents a team from leaving the basket to challenge the midrange or driving games ought to be the setup for a stellar half court offense, unless you have a coach who simply doesn't know how to organize an offense.

I'm wondering how good that team would be with Thibs, and it kinda scares me.

I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, THE CLIPPERS ARE A TITLE CONTENDER.

Yes, that was J4L after a preseason game I believe.

Sorry Jordan, your posts in this thread just stick with me because you're so over the top most of the time.