2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)
Umm, for a 2nd round pick, I think he's done quite well. He's also 23 years old.

Shhhh, J4L is just admitting that his earlier predictions of greatness for DeAndre were a little ahead of schedule

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
My name is Jordan4life, and I would like to report that DeAndre Jordan has been a massive bust (save blocks) so far.

Hey, I drafted Serge Ibaka... so things could be worse for you.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Game one: 6 minutes, 1/2 FG, 2 rebounds, 2 points

Game two: 1 minute, no stats logged

Game three: 1 minute, 2/2 FT, 1 rebound, 1 block

With his usage rate, it apparently works out to a PER of 37.27. Which puts him a tick higher than LeBron James as of today.

#FunWithSmallSampleSizes

Game four: 12 minutes, 3-3 FG, 6-6 FT, 3 REB. PER is now 48.68. Second in the league to the great Luke Harangody.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Boozer's rainbow shot is beautiful when on.

And it means no more "Boozer clogging the lane for Noah!" s***.

WTF Joakim.

Noah's pretty much useless right now.

WTF Joakim.

Joakim is just out of it this season for some reason. Meanwhile, Boozer's balling tonight. He's been solid all year.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Im confident Noah will turn it around eventually this season.

The Pistons have no answer for Boozer, hes dominating.

He's getting guarded by Jerebko and Jason Maxiell. He should be getting open and hitting shots.

WTF Joakim.

He's truly OFF lately. Watching him run up and down the court, it's like yeah, he's there, but he's not ALL there. It's like zombie-noah or something.

Anyone else catch him taking smelling salts before the tip? Is this something that he usually does? I've never seen it before tonight.

Are they all THAT tired?

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
He's truly OFF lately. Watching him run up and down the court, it's like yeah, he's there, but he's not ALL there. It's like zombie-noah or something.

Anyone else catch him taking smelling salts before the tip? Is this something that he usually does? I've never seen it before tonight.

Are they all THAT tired?

He got high before the game. :lolhitting

What does Jimmy Butler have to do to get meaningful minutes? Luol is about to die because of all the minutes and Korver can only shoot. Thibs is a great Xs and Os coach, but his game rotations leave a lot left to be desired.

His game rotations have built up our bench mob; that unit which will enable us to survive this ridiculous 66 game schedule. I dont see how Thibs has opened himself up to criticism. Just bizarre nitpicking while were in the midst of beating a team by 15 points.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
His game rotations have built up our bench mob; that unit which will enable us to survive this ridiculous 66 game schedule. I dont see how Thibs has opened himself up to criticism. Just bizarre nitpicking while were in the midst of beating a team by 15 points.

We ran out of gas in the Eastern Conference Finals. No need for Lu/Rose to play in blowout games. When Rose hurt his elbow two games back and a 15-point lead, Thibs put him BACK IN. That's was just inane.

We ran out of gas in the Eastern Conference Finals. No need for Lu/Rose to play in blowout games. When Rose hurt his elbow two games back and a 15-point lead, Thibs put him BACK IN. That's was just inane.

Im not sure it was running out of gas as much as it was failing to hold leads and lacking the mental makeup to win a huge playoff series. But yea, that was on Thibs and his rotations... OK.

Oh and if Rose wasn't OK to play I'm sure he wouldnt have played. Rose probably wants to be out there to keep his stats up a little bit (back to back MVP hopes n stuff).

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Im not sure it was running out of gas as much as it was failing to hold leads and lacking the mental makeup to win a huge playoff series. But yea, that was on Thibs and his rotations... OK.

Oh and if Rose wasn't OK to play I'm sure he wouldnt have played. Rose probably wants to be out there to keep his stats up a little bit (back to back MVP hopes n stuff).

I am sure he was fine, but with Rose's playing style which is often reckless, playing him in garbage minutes is pointless. What makes him so good is what's also so scary. He always plays his heart out and all it takes is one awkward fall or hard foul for Rose to have a serious injury. And then we are screwed. In a season this condensed, I just want our guys to be healthy going into the playoffs.