2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:28 AM)
Anyone else get the boredem vibe from the heat tonight? It almost seemed like they didn't want to be there.

when i watch the heat i get the feeling like they're toying with everyone. cuz they never really give a full all out effort. it's just the way they approach things i guess like the regular season. you don't know how good they can be. it's weird.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
Has to. And then Pat Riley and Co. need to take a look in the mirror and fire themselves. You have to give them the Bosh injury. But they've done a piss-poor job of putting together a sufficient cast around their stars. Other than Chalmers, there isn't one player on this roster I would accept a free autograph from.

Personally I think there's some actual quality in their supporting cast, and it really does include the things the big 3 don't do (rebound, shoot 3 ball), but to have them be effective against tough challengers would require the Heat to play good, organized team ball. That's not what the big 3 want, they want the rest of their roster to get out of the way and not be needed while they get the sports center breakaway highlights. If a team puts pressure on them though, the big 3 need to count on them, but there's not trust or effort because they never bothered building that up. That would take effort an practice, and practice spoils the party.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:28 AM)
Anyone else get the boredem vibe from the heat tonight? It almost seemed like they didn't want to be there.

I've said for a while you can beat the Heat if you can get into their heads. Unlike other teams they've faced int he playoffs so far, the Celtics have the man power to take advantage of getting in their heads.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Has to. And then Pat Riley and Co. need to take a look in the mirror and fire themselves. You have to give them the Bosh injury. But they've done a piss-poor job of putting together a sufficient cast around their stars. Other than Chalmers, there isn't one player on this roster I would accept a free autograph from.

The problem is they packed that roster with three max players and didnt leave them much money left over to fill in with quality supporting cast.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
The problem is they packed that roster with three max players and didnt leave them much money left over to fill in with quality supporting cast.

Quality supporting players aren't that expensive, especially when guys will sign there to try to win a title.

Integrating quality supporting players into a team where 3 guys just want to get their highlights is a much bigger problem.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
I believe Rondo's tip-pass assist off Wade's massive block shot to Pietrus in the corner for the 3 was the best pass I've ever seen. Someone prove me wrong.

Rondo's been like a human highlight reel this series. That ballfake on haslem made me lol. also that halftime quote. so good.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
JVG is suffering from Jon Grudenitis - he's lessening my opinion on him based on his announcing.

Sometimes he gives a coach based opinion that is just idiotic "oh that wasn't a foul let them play. You don't need superstars getting fouls at this point in the game".

And then other times he gives really good basketball insider opinions that are something that a normal person misses.

We are starting to get more of the first

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
I believe Rondo's tip-pass assist off Wade's massive block shot to Pietrus in the corner for the 3 was the best pass I've ever seen. Someone prove me wrong.

That might have been the play of the game, even more so than the 3 by The Truth. That block could have turned the whole game, and Rondo/Pietrus turned it null & void.

All this talk about breaking up the 3 if Heat lose this series is ridiculous.

Not taking away from Boston but if Bosh is healthy and plays the whole series, I believe the series is over or Heat up 3-2 right now. IMO.

Don't think they would beat OKC, but they are in the finals again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)

Not taking away from Boston but if Bosh is healthy and plays the whole series, I believe the series is over or Heat up 3-2 right now. IMO.

at the same time, the Celtics also have some health issues of their own

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)

The East has been decimated by injury. You can't celebrate the next 7 championships and start that run out 0-2.

Unless you can somehow get Dwight Howard, there's no real point in breaking them up. You can't trade the best player in the league, it'd be REALLY hard to find a deal that makes you better by dealing Wade, and as much as people like to give him s***, there aren't that many bigs that are better than Bosh and even fewer that are available. The east is pretty much gift-wrapped for next year with Rose out, all they have to do is stay healthy and not choke.

Golden State wants to move the 7th pick for a veteran swingman, or move Wright & Biedrins/Jefferson, Toronto wants a veteran swingman for the 8th/Calderon/Davis, Hornets want to move the 10th pick.

TIME FOR THE SAM SMITH TRADE HAT.

Deng to Hornets for Ariza, Jack, #10.

Ariza, Jack, + #29 to Raptors for #8, Calderon, Davis.

#10 + Bobcats Pick + Watson (GS likes Watson again) for #7, Wright, Biedrins.

Throw in Korver, Brewer, or Rip into any deals that might want them.

Bulls draft Barnes & J. Lamb with #7 and #8.

PG: Calderon, Kirk (MMLE)

SG: Lamb, Wright

SF: Barnes, Butler

PF: Boozer, Gibson, Davis

C : Noah, Asik, Biedrins

Then new core becomes:

Level 1: Rose

Level 2: Noah, Barnes, Lamb

Level 3: Gibson, Butler, Mirotic

SAM SMITH HAT OFF.

But seriously if the Bulls could do this, I'd be down.

Bulls In: Calderon, Davis, #8, #10.

Bulls Out: Deng, #29, K/B/H (any of Korver, Brewer, Rip), Watson

Raptors In: Jack, Ariza, #29

Raptors Out: Calderon, Davis, #8

Hornets In: Deng, K/B/H, Watson

Hornets Out: Jack, Ariza, #10

Then if the Bulls got any combination of Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, and Terrence Ross I'd be ecstatic.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
I can't see this trade happening.

Hence the Sam Smith hat.

I don't know how they'd do it, but I would just love to get 2 of Barnes/Lamb/Ross on this team.