2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
Oh, and I know this isn't totally fair, as this was a lost season for Rose. But I fail to see the difference between he and Westbrook anymore.

Rose has to carry the Bulls night in and night out while Westbrook has two other elite scorers on the roster. They have relatively similar skills, but Rose is more consistent, a little less mistake prone and a slightly better shooter.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
Rose has to carry the Bulls night in and night out while Westbrook has two other elite scorers on the roster. They have relatively similar skills, but Rose is more consistent, a little less mistake prone and a slightly better shooter.

I can agree with the bolded. Other than that, I just don't see any legitimate difference.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)
That game went as expected. Oh, and if Rose had Durant and Harden on his team he'd have a PER of 40.

Yeah, not really.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
105 points for the Thunder and they get basically nothing from Harden. Forget all that "series doesn't start until the road team wins" garbage. The Heat better get game 2 or this one is over.

Remember when you were talking about the Spurs going 16-0 in the playoffs?

I agree with you though I picked OKC to win in 5 earlier today and they showed it tonight.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 01:19 AM)
Remember when you were talking about the Spurs going 16-0 in the playoffs?

I agree with you though I picked OKC to win in 5 earlier today and they showed it tonight.

And at the time it was legit. They were 10-0 in the playoffs at that point and had won 31-33 overall. And the fact that the Thunder completely dispatched them 4 games straight leaves little to no margin for error for the Heat. They can toy with this s***ty eastern conference full of flawed, imbalanced teams, as they have the last two years. The Thunder are just different. They're not beating them 4/5. Game 2 is a must.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 03:38 AM)
Difference between Rose and Westbrook:

Rose:deng-rose.jpg

Westbrook:russell-westbrook-shirt.jpg

lol@q. I'm surprised somebody as young as you would take this attitude. I'm 28 and I love these "new" styles that you see today. Suit and tie EVERY day is boring to me. It's 2012. Not 1996 with Jordan and his $20, 000 suit and gold loop earring (that he still wears) he wore after every single game.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 03:44 AM)
lol@q. I'm surprised somebody as young as you would take this attitude. I'm 28 and I love these "new" styles that you see today. Suit and tie EVERY day is boring to me. It's 2012. Not 1996 with Jordan and his $20, 000 suit and gold loop earring (that he still wears) he wore after every single game.

Flair is ok, I own a white suit that I wear with either a red, purple, or green shirt.

Meanwhile, Westbrook looks like Urkel's bastard child with the designer of Crocs shoes.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 03:59 AM)
Flair is ok, I own a white suit that I wear with either a red, purple, or green shirt.

Meanwhile, Westbrook looks like Urkel's bastard child with the designer of Crocs shoes.

Yeah and Rose has a custom made 2 button sport coat and pants there with some nice touches including an english collar and some great stitching around the lapel buttons. Not exactly MJ's giant baggy 3 button suits, they are very different. Of course some people just lump all suits together.

As far as their games, Westbrook is a terrible ballhog at times when he isnt the best offensive option on his team, Rose takes control in a game because he is by far the best offensive option on the floor.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
And at the time it was legit. They were 10-0 in the playoffs at that point and had won 31-33 overall. And the fact that the Thunder completely dispatched them 4 games straight leaves little to no margin for error for the Heat. They can toy with this s***ty eastern conference full of flawed, imbalanced teams, as they have the last two years. The Thunder are just different. They're not beating them 4/5. Game 2 is a must.

It absolutely wasn't legit, you simply go way overboard on all things NBA.

This series will go 6 or 7.

When Westbrook wins the MVP while taking a team full of no all-stars to the eastern conference finals, then he can be compared to Rose. Until then he's a great guard with a great burst who has the best player in the game, the best sixth man in the game, and the best shot-blocker in the game on his team. So.... yeah.

Westbrook is absurdly good. He's really the only comparable player in the league style wise to D-Rose. I agree with J4L in a sense, that superficial theres not a huge difference between the two.

However, I suspect if you swapped the two - the Thunder with Rose would have roughly the same record as they do now. The difference is the Bulls with Westbrook IMO have roughly 5-7 fewer wins

Watching the Thunder play - its crazy how much easier Westbrook is able to break the defense down and get into the lane, vs Rose. And it has nothign to do with the talent and every bit with how defenses have to respect the Thunders other scorers. Westbrook has to beat his own man, and almost always has an easy path to the lane. Rose is double teamed essentially the second he steps over the half court line

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 03:44 AM)

Those glasses annoy the hell out of me.

It's like dude...they don't even have lenses! You don't look any smarter wearing free glasses frames from Burger King.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
Wow. I am in the wrong business.

Great example of no matter how much something costs, it still sucks. "But wait its a LaCoste!" Yeah, its still ugly and you got ripped the f*** off.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Great example of no matter how much something costs, it still sucks. "But wait its a LaCoste!" Yeah, its still ugly and you got ripped the f*** off.

My suit when I got it on sale costs only slightly more than his polo.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
My suit when I got it on sale costs only slightly more than his polo.

It would take a trained eye to know the difference between that if its nicely tailored and a 1000 suit.

I get mine custom made so the fit and custom touches are the tell tale sign, but nobody would probably be able to tell that unless you are into suits. However mine dont have freaking fishing lures all over it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
It would take a trained eye to know the difference between that if its nicely tailored and a 1000 suit.

I get mine custom made so the fit and custom touches are the tell tale sign, but nobody would probably be able to tell that unless you are into suits. However mine dont have freaking fishing lures all over it.

I just buy my suits from Jos A. Bank whenever they have their ridiculous sales, like Buy 1 Get 2 Free. The suit retailed for like, 675, end up paying like 225.

I'm accounting for the fact that Westbrook's glasses probably cost $50 and he probably has $100 skinny jeans.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
I just buy my suits from Jos A. Bank whenever they have their ridiculous sales, like Buy 1 Get 2 Free. The suit retailed for like, 675, end up paying like 225.

I'm accounting for the fact that Westbrook's glasses probably cost $50 and he probably has $100 skinny jeans.

Jos A. Bank suits are cheap. That price tag (normal price tag) is ludicrous. I did the same thing, spent $7-800 or whatever and got three suits. A year in two of them lost the stitching in the cuffs and one pocket is all jacked up. Now, I wear suit upwards of 5 times a week so they get used a lot, but still. I'm not at all impressed with their quality.