2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
Lebron would have gotten that call 99 out of 100 times and no one would say a word.

I actually believe the Heat had a foul to give and were trying to foul Durant on the floor.

There are plenty of times Lebron doesn't get bailed out down the stretch, and people ALWAYS b**** when he does get a call. It's not like the Rondo play a few games back where it was clearly a foul, there were numerous plays with similar or more contact that weren't called.

It always seems like people find an excuse to blame the refs whenever Miami wins.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
There are plenty of times Lebron doesn't get bailed out down the stretch, and people ALWAYS b**** when he does get a call. It's not like the Rondo play a few games back where it was clearly a foul, there were numerous plays with similar or more contact that weren't called.

It always seems like people find an excuse to blame the refs whenever Miami wins.

Mostly because the refs are so far up the Heat's ass that you can.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)
Mostly because the refs are so far up the Heat's ass that you can.

Whatever. The fouls were basically even, so were the free throws. They might have had a couple of calls, but another ref might have fouled out Durant with over 3 minutes to go too on that charge/block.

The Heat got the benefit of swing fouls/calls.

The BS goaltending call in the first half. It was a 8 point game with OKC making a run. Bad call makes it a 10pt game and leads to a big run by Miami.

The horrible call against Fisher on Wade when Wade falls to the ground and the refs call Fisher for a foul with 2 seconds on the shot clock. That play happens every game with no whistle. Miami scores on that possession.

And we all know about final Durant shot.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
Whatever. The fouls were basically even, so were the free throws. They might have had a couple of calls, but another ref might have fouled out Durant with over 3 minutes to go too on that charge/block.

The Thunder shot more free throws than the Heat in a game where 1/3 of their shots were threes. I'm not getting the whining about the officials at all tonight.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)

The BS goaltending call in the first half. It was a 8 point game with OKC making a run. Bad call makes it a 10pt game and leads to a big run by Miami.

The horrible call against Fisher on Wade when Wade falls to the ground and the refs call Fisher for a foul with 2 seconds on the shot clock. That play happens every game with no whistle. Miami scores on that possession.

Fisher also clearly grabbed Wade's arm on that play which is the main reason Wade fell to the ground.

I agree with the above.

Its not always about ft numbers, it just seemed that more of the breaks went to Miami. But ultimately OKC could have won that game.

Those first two were definitely off. I could see the goaltend call if they didn't think Durant touched it first. I can see how they'd miss that live. That one on Wade was also weird. You pretty much expect the refs to miss/screw up a couple every game. That doesn't necessarily mean it was heavily slanted, I'm sure if I really tried I could find two that went OKC's way.

The last one, as I said, I don't really see it. There was some contact on the floor, but Durant still got off a clean shot. That's pretty picky to me, then again I generally err towards the no-call.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
Those first two were definitely off. I could see the goaltend call if they didn't think Durant touched it first. I can see how they'd miss that live. That one on Wade was also weird. You pretty much expect the refs to miss/screw up a couple every game. That doesn't necessarily mean it was heavily slanted, I'm sure if I really tried I could find two that went OKC's way.

The last one, as I said, I don't really see it. There was some contact on the floor, but Durant still got off a clean shot. That's pretty picky to me, then again I generally err towards the no-call.

Then LeBron clearly slapped Westbrook's wrist as he was going for the offensive rebound. That one was clear as day IMO.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:25 AM)
At least zoom has recognized how wack this thread is. When the Heat win, it's because of the refs. When the Bulls lose, it's because of the refs.

I love how you act like you dont contribute to the "wack" that you speak of

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 08:49 AM)
Durant shouldn't have been in the game at the end. That Shane Battier blocking foul with 3:19 left was a brutal call, that should have been #6 on KD.

Battier slid under Durant after Durant was already in the air. That really should be a blocking foul. The NBA has started calling this way to many times. If the offensive player is already in the air, the defensive player should not have a right to slide under him.

That was one of the few 50/50 calls that went OKC's way. The majority went to the Heat.

Say what you want, but there is a reason why a lot of people are talking about the refs, and its not just because Soxtalk posters always complain about the Bulls or Heat.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
Battier slid under Durant after Durant was already in the air. That really should be a blocking foul. The NBA has started calling this way to many times. If the offensive player is already in the air, the defensive player should not have a right to slide under him.

That was one of the few 50/50 calls that went OKC's way. The majority went to the Heat.

Say what you want, but there is a reason why a lot of people are talking about the refs, and its not just because Soxtalk posters always complain about the Bulls or Heat.

No, I'd say that's exactly why people are complaing about it, but say what you want.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Really, you think that Soxtalk influenced yahoo to write an article about it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-eve...bron-james.html

I didnt realize how influential this message board was, I guess they should give us credit.

And here's another article on Yahoo saying that the call didn't matter, LeBron beat Durant, series tied.

Here's another article written that says a no-call was the right decison and questions the Battier blocking foul.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
And here's another article on Yahoo saying that the call didn't matter, LeBron beat Durant, series tied.

Here's another article written that says a no-call was the right decison and questions the Battier blocking foul.

All generated from the controversy over the officiating.