2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

One thing that's kind of funny to me: no one seems to question the quality of the Thunder's role players. Frankly, I think they're nearly as bad as that of the Heat, Harden just comes off the bench so it doesn't always look that way. They only play about 8 most games, and one of them is Derek Fisher's corpse. They play 2 1/2 on 5 offensively with their starting lineup since Thabo and Perkins aren't really threats and Ibaka is basically a finisher/occasional jump-shooter. At least Chalmers and Battier can hit jumpers. They could really use a legit backup perimeter player or two that can actually hit shots (besides Harden because he plays starter-minutes).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
And here's another article on Yahoo saying that the call didn't matter, LeBron beat Durant, series tied.

Here's another article written that says a no-call was the right decison and questions the Battier blocking foul.

So there are a bunch of articles discussing the impact on reffing, and youre conclusion is it is only a Soxtalk phenomenon?

Zoom,

Its a different dynamic. But its criminal to have Fischer taking shots away from good players.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
So there are a bunch of articles discussing the impact on reffing, and youre conclusion is it is only a Soxtalk phenomenon?

Zoom,

Its a different dynamic. But its criminal to have Fischer taking shots away from good players.

My favorite was when Thabo took it to the hole last night. Unsurprisingly LeBron blocked his ass. You have Durant, Westbrook, and Harden on the floor, and you're going to try to drive on LBJ?

GENIUS!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 07:12 AM)
I love how you act like you dont contribute to the "wack" that you speak of

Please. You and everybody here owes me for bringing some variety and a different perspective to this abomination of a thread. You and the rest of the crybabies in here chased off one of the best posters (felix) this board has ever seen. Why? Because he chose not to suck Rose's cock and recognize this is the NBA thread and not the Bulls thread aka Rose is so amazing because he's humble aka the refs are the reason the bulls ever lose aka LeBron should never see the ft line and if he does its a conspiracy garbage.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
Please. You and everybody here owes me for bringing some variety and a different perspective to this abomination of a thread. You and the rest of the crybabies in here chased off one of the best posters (felix) this board has ever seen. Why? Because he chose not to suck Rose's cock and recognize this is the NBA thread and not the Bulls thread aka Rose is so amazing because he's humble aka the refs are the reason the bulls ever lose aka LeBron should never see the ft line and if he does its a conspiracy garbage.

Comedy gold Jerry, comedy gold.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
You missed my point but whatever.

You had no point. Last nights game lead to people discussing the referees, some people dont think it was a big deal, other people do.

But to try and insinuate somehow Soxtalk does it more than a common fan is ludicrous and not supported by fact.

Unless you can somehow prove that Soxtalk does complain/discuss refs more than an average NBA fan.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
What do you expect RE: Bulls/Rose in a thread about the NBA on a board comprised predominantly of individuals from Chicago?

Sounds like he expects it to be the College Basketball or Football thread where you have a mix of fans who are passionate about different teams, so they watch all the games and actually can speak knowledgeably about them.

Naturally on a board where 90% of the NBA fans are Bulls fans the Bulls are going to be loved and the Heat are going to be hated. s*** I can't believe more people don't extol the virtues of the Detroit Tigers in the Diamond Club!

I miss Felix.

I don't know if this was posted here before but Brad Daugherty chimes in on the percieved help from the refs the Heat get.

http://m.deadspin.com/5915178/espns-brad-d...--the-officials

It's not only Bulls fans who think Miami gets special treatment from the officials, go to any NBA forum and people from every NBA team fanbase are complaining. Last night wasn't so bad but I would love to see OKC get the same calls Miami did last night.

The big Minnesota Twins message board has a forum for sports. They don't have an NBA thread, but they do have a Timberwolves AND a Kevin Love thread.

I think Soxtalk does a good job talking about the other teams. However 98% of us are Bulls fans, and we had the best record 2 years running and a 23 year old who won MVP. We lost our collective minds.

Get over it, J4L. It's not like your Knicks analysis was spot on and incredible. You're not some NBA genius shining light on the stupidity of this Bulls fan base, as much as you clearly want to be.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
You had no point. Last nights game lead to people discussing the referees, some people dont think it was a big deal, other people do.

But to try and insinuate somehow Soxtalk does it more than a common fan is ludicrous and not supported by fact.

Unless you can somehow prove that Soxtalk does complain/discuss refs more than an average NBA fan.

My point was that if the roles were reversed last night, the talk today would only be about LeBron choking again, not about a no-call. But because the game ended in Miami's favor, it's automatically time to b**** about the refs.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
Naturally on a board where 90% of the NBA fans are Bulls fans the Bulls are going to be loved and the Heat are going to be hated. s*** I can't believe more people don't extol the virtues of the Detroit Tigers in the Diamond Club!

Fine. Makes two separate threads. One thread for all things bulls at all times. and another for nba talk. It's bulls*** that felix doesn't post here anymore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
Fine. Makes two separate threads. One thread for all things bulls at all times. and another for nba talk. It's bulls*** that felix doesn't post here anymore.

I suggested that for the NFL thread since I'm a Chiefs fan and could care less about the Bears but that idea was promptly shot down

I understand the talk is going to center around Chicago based teams, but during games especially the "Insert League Here" Catch-All thread basically becomes a game thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
The big Minnesota Twins message board has a forum for sports. They don't have an NBA thread, but they do have a Timberwolves AND a Kevin Love thread.

I think Soxtalk does a good job talking about the other teams. However 98% of us are Bulls fans, and we had the best record 2 years running and a 23 year old who won MVP. We lost our collective minds.

Get the f*** over it, J4L. It's not like your Knicks analysis was spot on and incredible. You're not some NBA genius.

Dude, shut up. It's not about being right or wrong. And I've never claimed to be some kinda genius. This thread is horrible. I can't even learn anything from this thread when i'm sober. I didn't even see the game last night and i knew that once i came here that soxbadger and the rest of the gang would be crying about the refs over and over and over and over and over again. It's pathetic.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
I don't know if this was posted here before but Brad Daugherty chimes in on the percieved help from the refs the Heat get.

http://m.deadspin.com/5915178/espns-brad-d...--the-officials

It's not only Bulls fans who think Miami gets special treatment from the officials, go to any NBA forum and people from every NBA team fanbase are complaining. Last night wasn't so bad but I would love to see OKC get the same calls Miami did last night.

It's that bulls***, unspoken favoritism for superstars. But it's not applied across the board evenly (Durant, Rose, etc.)

Seriously, if people don't think the refs are given a nudge, nudge, wink wink, "we'd prefer a 6-7 game series" from NBA execs, they're delusional. There are WAY too many judgment calls in a game that can change the pacing and thereby change the result. Last night Durant got 2 ticky tack fouls on him in the first quarter. Not surprisingly, the Heat got out to a big lead. Those same fouls aren't called at all in the 3rd and 4th.

I actually started to watch MJ's flu game last night and the same thing happened to Jeff Hornacek. Two fouls in about 4 trips down the court. Changed the course of the game. Man though, they used to FOUL back in the day. You basically had to tackle someone to be called for something.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
Dude, shut up. It's not about being right or wrong. And I've never claimed to be some kinda genius. This thread is horrible. I can't even learn anything from this thread when i'm sober. I didn't even see the game last night and i knew that once i came here that soxbadger and the rest of the gang would be crying about the refs over and over and over and over and over again. It's pathetic.

I actually almost ripped the ref complaints in the first half. They are of course overboard. The no-call at the end of the game was about as blatant as I've seen, and that's what I've commented about since.

Me? I dont believe Felix has a problem with me. He may have problems with the posting on this thread, but I dont think I have ever gotten into any arguments with him on this thread at all. I like Felix a lot, we have had some fun discussions on chat and If I ever did any of what you just mentioned to him specifically, I think he would tell me.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

:bringit

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)

My lord. He's just some random dude somewhere on a computer. I'm sure you can stalk him down and chat with him if you want to, most people here were happy to talk about Rubio and KEVIN.LOVE. with the guy, but he knew what he was doing everytime he brought up D-Rose. He's over it, so I'm sure you can live without the great Felix - or find him posting in a WNBA thread somewhere.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)

Lol, is this crack or something? If you don't like it why do you read it?