2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
I don't know who you think you are. I guess you're a lawyer or a lawyer in training or whatever. But please, would you STFU? You have spent this ENTIRE postseason b****ing, whining, moaning, complaining and any other word you can think of about the referees. You did it in the Bulls/Sixers series. You did it with the heat/pacers. You did it with the heat/cetlics. And you're doing it now. FIND ANOTHER SPORT TO WATCH. Get over the decision and the dumb party afterwards. it was two years ago. You add absolutely nothing. people can disagree with me all they want. But i do bring something to this thread, whether you, or anybody else, want to admit it or not. Go support sandusky and just stfu.

You dont know who I am?

I am just an internet poster who actually watches the NBA, unlike you. Some times I think the refs are bogus, other times I dont. I dont post after every game about the refs, in fact up until recently your b**** about my posts were completely different, I think it was something along the lines that I post meaningless things like "If you make more baskets youll win."

I believe that was you, but you can correct me if Im wrong, I dont really have a spreadsheet of all the people in this thread who have made unsupported ridiculous comments about me.

That being said, why should I find another sport to watch. Wouldnt it be simpler for you to not post in this thread when you actually have no first hand knowledge on the subject? Isnt what would be easier for all of us, is that you dont post about things you actually dont know.

You could at minimum not complain about people commenting about a game you didnt even take the time to watch. Its great that immediately after the game you claim you thought something, but that is unprovable.

Its just like me saying "I knew when the Heat won J4l would post in this thread stupid nonsense even though he didnt watch the game", after you already posted it. Anyone can be right when they are posting after someone else.

As for getting over the decision, I like Lebron, maybe you should actually read my posts, I like Lebron, I dont like Wade. Wade had nothing to do with the decision, I constantly talk about how Lebron is being bagged on for no reason. So what are you talking about, really, what in the world is the point of your posts?

Because other places people think that you know something about NBA, but you sure as hell arent proving it here. You make unsupported comments without watching the game. You tell me to stop posting here, even though you are the one that has no clue what happened yesterday, as once again, you didnt watch the game.

So please stop with the nonsense, it has to be embarrassing for you.

And the most ironic part, if I add nothing, why are you responding to me? Thats quite a hypocritical statement.

I wont even go into your pathetic Sandusky comment, you have something to say about that, you want to be a big man and argue, go in the Sandusky thread, and find a quote where I support Sandusky.

Until then all you are doing is acting like a child who got a F on a test because "I didnt bother reading the textbook, but I know more than everyone in the class, because I just do."

If you really believe what you write, its kind of sad.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
Badger does seem to constantly complain about refs, but come on J4L, you can't ADMIT that you didn't watch the game and then basically call everyone a bunch of crybabies for complaining about the officials.

Zoom you know thats not even close to accurate. We talk about basketball all the time, I only mention the refs when something clearly has been incorrectly called.

I dont go out of my way to talk about the refs, just because the refs have been s***ty in some of these games doesnt mean Im fixating on them, Im speaking my opinion.

I dont know what J4L's deal is, if he actually watched the game last night maybe he could comment on the reffing, but since he didnt, he really has nothing to say.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
He scored 20 points on 18.6 shots that year, after 22.9 on 22.1 shots. He was a horribly inefficient chucker at that point in his career, which was depressing to see. Obviously he still had more ability than your average 2-guard.

Not saying he was great, but he is basically played at the same level Monta Ellis did this year at age 40. That is a pretty high level IMO, especially given the awful talent around him and certainly not a level play that in any way hurts his legacy or is indicative of the fact that he shouldn't have come back.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Zoom you know thats not even close to accurate. We talk about basketball all the time, I only mention the refs when something clearly has been incorrectly called.

I dont go out of my way to talk about the refs, just because the refs have been s***ty in some of these games doesnt mean Im fixating on them, Im speaking my opinion.

I dont know what J4L's deal is, if he actually watched the game last night maybe he could comment on the reffing, but since he didnt, he really has nothing to say.

You're not as bad as some people I know, but the refs seem to be a topic a lot with you. Even if the Badgers win by 12, you might say something like "the refs were bad, but luckily it didn't matter".

Unfortunately basketball is the one sport where I feel refs can really impact the game and it does make a difference.

Compare it to football/baseball, where I probably never comment about the refs, although I probably was pissed with the last play of the Rose Bowl, but thats because the guy behind Wilson ran the clock before the whistle blew.

The point is, I dont go out of my way to complain about refs, I comment on them when I think its warranted.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
General warning here. Telling people to STFU isnt going to be tolerated, this thread was moving along nicely and moved back a few steps here today.

Last warning

edit: balta wins the warning post race

I'm glad I've learned to be civil in these threads as to avoid suspension.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
Jordan shot the same percentage from the field his last year with the Wizards as Rose did in his MVP season last year and actually shot a higher percentage from the field than Rose did this year. He still played at a pretty high level for the Wizards.

Yeah man, but watching an old MICHAEL JORDAN miss a dunk in the All-Star Game and shoot 42 and 45% from the floor was painful. Jordan's PER of 19.3 that final year didn't come close to Rose's 23 and 23.5.

I mean, he was still a decent player, but this is Michael Jordan we're talking about, Michael Jordan. It was just embarrassing and that jersey looked awful on him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
Yeah man, but watching an old MICHAEL JORDAN miss a dunk in the All-Star Game and shoot 42 and 45% from the floor was painful. Jordan's PER of 19.3 that final year didn't come close to Rose's 23 and 23.5.

I mean, he was still a decent player, but this is Michael Jordan we're talking about, Michael Jordan. It was just embarrassing and that jersey looked awful on him.

It just shows how a pretty bad MJ can basically still be a very well above avg NBA player. If folks go back and watch the dream team years or some of his old dvds you'll see someone that was clearly the best that ever was.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Unfortunately basketball is the one sport where I feel refs can really impact the game and it does make a difference.

Compare it to football/baseball, where I probably never comment about the refs, although I probably was pissed with the last play of the Rose Bowl, but thats because the guy behind Wilson ran the clock before the whistle blew.

The point is, I dont go out of my way to complain about refs, I comment on them when I think its warranted.

It's a personal thing. For me to complain about the refs, it has to be pretty egregious. Not quite at the Lakers/Blazers, Lakers/Kings or Dallas/Miami (06) level, but several blatantly incorrect calls that favor one team or one or two late ones that everyone can see is wrong and has a serious impact on the game (the most recent one I can think of is Rondo getting hit in the head by Wade). Not too many games hit my standard of griping, I expect a few bad calls here and there because no ref is perfect and especially in basketball nearly every play involves some kind of subjective call.

And I agree with that, what Im troubled by is if the 50/50 calls are going the Heat's way at OKC, what is going to happen when they play at Miami?

I know thats entirely speculation, but part of the idea about commenting on the refs would be in the hope that the league calls the games more straight up in the future.

I guess it just ruins my enjoyment, Id rather watch games where there was less ref involvement, where the fouls had to be much more egregious.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
It just shows how a pretty bad MJ can basically still be a very well above avg NBA player. If folks go back and watch the dream team years or some of his old dvds you'll see someone that was clearly the best that ever was.

I don't need to watch DVDs to remember Jordan dominating. He was unstoppable. The only time I've felt like I was watching someone on Jordan's level this season was LeBron a couple games in that series against the Celtics, and a couple 4th quarters from Durant this playoffs.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Any ESPN insiders on the board?? NBA rumors has something about Tyreke Evans to the Bulls. (sorry for posting about the Bulls J4L)

From what I saw on RealGM I believe it's just a proposed trade by whoever the writer is rather than an actual rumor. I believe the hypothetical idea was Noah for Tyreke + #5

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Any ESPN insiders on the board?? NBA rumors has something about Tyreke Evans to the Bulls. (sorry for posting about the Bulls J4L)

Some random writer posted a proposal of Evans and 5 for Noah and 29, no real basis for any rumor.

Tyreke Evans would be an AWFUL fit with Rose, he's a horrendous shooter (something like a 29% conversion rate outside of 3 feet) and needs the ball in his hands.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
I guess in that scenario the Bulls draft a big at 5?

Seems kind of perplexing.

Yeah, the writer suggested taking Drummond, and Barnes if he's not there. Finding a way to stash Drummond or Perry Jones on the bench and hoping they break out is somewhat intriguing, but without Noah that's a lot harder to do effectively.

I'll take some heat for it but in my book Noah is replaceable. With a defensive guru like Thibs as the head coach, if the Bulls get a high energy big man like Noah then Thibs can turn him into a good defender. Offensively Noah gets all his points from working the boards which a high energy big would be doing the same... That said I obviously wouldnt be against trading him. This deal though I'm not to sure about, Evans and Rose are too similar to me, Bulls don't need another slasher they need someone with a good mid-range/ 3 point shot...Like a Rip Hamilton only younger and less fragile.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
I'll take some heat for it but in my book Noah is replaceable. With a defensive guru like Thibs as the head coach, if the Bulls get a high energy big man like Noah then Thibs can turn him into a good defender. Offensively Noah gets all his points from working the boards which a high energy big would be doing the same... That said I obviously wouldnt be against trading him. This deal though I'm not to sure about, Evans and Rose are too similar to me, Bulls don't need another slasher they need someone with a good mid-range/ 3 point shot...Like a Rip Hamilton only younger and less fragile.

Noah is definitely replaceable...but the biggest problem is, 7 footers are not easy to find. Athletic seven footers even less so.

A guy who is not irreplaceable does not equal the guy is easy to replace.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)

It's not that easy to find an athletic, high energy big that can play center, especially with no cap space or high picks. Noah isn't a complete stiff on offense either, he can catch and finish and is actually a good passer and ball-handler for his size. If it were that easy to find someone like him, the Heat wouldn't be giving major minutes to people like Joel Anthony.