2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
Is Garcia anything other than a backup? He's paid like $6 million a year, that's basically dealing for the #5 pick to first order right?

Nah, but if he can shoot like he used to from deep, he'd be a nice rotation piece for one year (signed for this year and a team option).

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
You thinking of the right guy??? Garcia shot 29% from 3 last year

Like he USED to. My god.

Deng used to be a s***ty 3pt shooter.

Garcia outside of last year has been a good three point shooter.

Then flip Boozer and Calderon (Raps want a veteran SF/PF that can run with Nash).

PG: Calderon - FA (Kirk)/Watson

SG: Rip - Garcia

SF: Barnes - Butler

PF: Taj - 29th Pick (Nicholson?)

C : Noah - Asik

I'd love somehow to be able to get Ross or J. Lamb and have the trio of Rose - Ross/Lamb - Barnes, but it won't happen.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
For DENG. Not NOAH.

I'm a huge Barnes fan so I'd think about the trade, but Garcia for a year doesnt excite me whatsoever, we already have Kyle Korver to fill it up from downtown for a year.

Where's the cap man...Does clearing Deng and Boozer while just taking on the #5 pick give them enough for one of those free agent SGs I keep mentioning??

2013 would be somethin like...

Rose

Ellis

Barnes

Taj

Noah

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
The obvious problem is that Rose is probably not going to be his old self next year, 2 seasons from now when Rose might be re-approaching his best form, Boozer might well be significantly worse, Deng I dunno...and the Bulls entire bench will be emptying. Hamilton, CJ, Korver, Brewer, and Taj all will hit FA (and that's after Asik hitting FA this year). The Bulls won't be able to rebuild that using the MLE, even if JR pays the luxury tax, unless Butler steps up huge, because he's about the only real "Kid" left on the roster who might get significantly better.

If you tried to keep this team together until Rose recovered, you're $10 million+ into luxury tax territory from resigning people and you've got a lot of parts that have gotten older and less effective.

Hence the amesty of Boozer part once he's outlived his usefulness. That takes a massive chunk out of the potential luxury tax bill.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
I'm a huge Barnes fan so I'd think about the trade, but Garcia for a year doesnt excite me whatsoever, we already have Kyle Korver to fill it up from downtown for a year.

Where's the cap man...Does clearing Deng and Boozer while just taking on the #5 pick give them enough for one of those free agent SGs I keep mentioning??

2013 would be somethin like...

Rose

Ellis

Barnes

Taj

Noah

Probably, though Harden or Martin are better fits than Ellis. You've already got one volume scorer with Rose, you want someone more efficient than Evans or Ellis to pair with him.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Hence the amesty of Boozer part once he's outlived his usefulness. That takes a massive chunk out of the potential luxury tax bill.

The problem there of course is that doing so does not make the Bulls better. It can't get them under the cap far enough to offer a real legit Free Agent deal, and losign him makes the team worse.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
The problem there of course is that doing so does not make the Bulls better. It can't get them under the cap far enough to offer a real legit Free Agent deal, and losign him makes the team worse.

Right now, yeah. But what about in another year or two when he loses another notch or two on his play or starts getting hurt constantly again? People are already annoyed with Boozer's play and want to see more of Gibson. Right now he still has value to the team, in the not to distant future the damage he does to the payroll is going to far out-pace his value on the court. Look at all of the teams that made it deep in the playoffs, you don't exactly need a deep and amazing frontcourt with a bunch of scoring options anymore.

Fun little debate my friends and I had.

What combination of 12 players today from the United States would have the best chance at knocking off the dream team? We all agreed that the chances would be slim but its still fun to put a team together.

What combination of 12 players today from the United States would have the best chance at knocking off the dream team? We all agreed that the chances would be slim but its still fun to put a team together.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)

The only real debate is your bigs outside of Dwight. Lebron, Durant, Paul, Wade, Kobe, Rose if he's healthy and/or Westbrook are pretty much no-brainers.

So that leaves...

Love- Fairly safe bet. Good balance for Dwight with his shooting, a ton of rebounding.

Aldridge- Another guy to stretch the floor a bit, good length.

Bynum- Clearly the second best center when he wants to be, need some size.

Chandler- I guess, need a defensive balance to a couple of those guys so he trumps people like Blake, Bosh and Hibbert.

For the last spot it's personal preference if you want 3 PG's, another big or a designated shooter (probably Harden).

They'd probably get murdered inside and whomever the PG tries to guard is going to dominate (Magic because of his size, MJ because he's MJ). That said, Stockton would have to have some serious tricks to stop those PG's and Bird/Mullin would struggle to guard Lebron/Durant (of course that's what Scottie's for).

Early-2000's might actually have a better chance because they had better big men.

PG- Kidd, AI

SG- Kobe, Pierce, Allen

SF- T-Mac, Marion

PF- KG, Webber, Ben Wallace

C- Shaq, Duncan

Pretty thin at PG, but a MUCH better frontcourt and they still have some serious talent on the wings (I even left off Vince Carter because he went through a lull in effort in the 2002-2004 range).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)

Right now id go with...

PG Paul/Rondo (with DRose Hurt)

SG Kobe/Wade

SF Durant/Lebron/Melo

PF Love/Bosh/Garnett

C Howard/Aldridge

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
Right now id go with...

PG Paul/Rondo (with DRose Hurt)

SG Kobe/Wade

SF Durant/Lebron/Melo

PF Love/Bosh/Garnett

C Howard/Aldridge

You have to start both Durant and LeBron. Put LeBron on MJ.

To knock off the Dream Team? Yikes.

PG - Paul/Williams/Rondo

SG - Kobe/Wade/Rose (healthy)

SF - Durant/Melo

PF - LeBron/Love

C - Dwight/Chandler

They have a backcourt advantage, but the frontcourt would be eaten alive.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
Not sure if there is any facts to this..

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/16/chicago-...ction=si_latest

Main reason im posting this is whats up with that [R]egardless...can anyone make sense of this

I have very little faith in Bulls management making the right move...