2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 02:24 AM)
Anyone else think it's f***ing retarded a team gets three straight home games in the Finals?

I agree that 2-2-1-1-1 would make more sense, but only twice has the home team swept all 3 games since it started in 1985. The road team has done it 3 times.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
Not sure if there is any facts to this..

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/16/chicago-...ction=si_latest

Main reason im posting this is whats up with that [R]egardless...can anyone make sense of this

I'd love to see the Bulls make a move like this. 2012-2013 is a wasted season with Rose hurt. Even if he comes back, it will be at a fraction of his ability as he recovers and relearns. I have said before, I think a semi-sell off would be a great idea. Recover and look to 2013-2014.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Why is no one talking about Spoelstra playing defense on that last possession??????????? He ran out like a foot from the Thunder player. That can't be legal.

Here is the play I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgYZjXXotp4...mp;feature=plcp

Here is a screen grab. I do feel like that should have been a technical foul - he is clearly capable of distracting the player. I just don't think I've ever seen a coach get on the court so far when the play is in his own zone?

spoelstraoncourt.jpg

I'm not complaining about the refs, I just think that's absurd, especially when I was watching it live and he was waving his arm (obviously wanting someone to cover Westbrook) and got WAY TOO CLOSE and could have easily disrupted the play.

Get ready J4L: the officiating sucked last night (again). That 4th foul on Durant was bulls*** and pretty much guaranteed a Heat victory. Thunder up 6-8, playing good defense, momentum changing and then BOOM. A no-call foul puts Durant on the bench for the remainder of the 3rd and the Thunder lost. I'm so tired of the NBA officiating. In one quarter if you breath on someone it's a foul, the next quarter you have to tackle someone to get a foul called. It's absolutely ludicrous.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:24 AM)

Here is a screen grab. I do feel like that should have been a technical foul - he is clearly capable of distracting the player. I just don't think I've ever seen a coach get on the court so far when the play is in his own zone?

spoelstraoncourt.jpg

I'm not complaining about the refs, I just think that's absurd, especially when I was watching it live and he was waving his arm (obviously wanting someone to cover Westbrook) and got WAY TOO CLOSE and could have easily disrupted the play.

I didn't notice that.

WTF.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 10:18 AM)
He's IN FRONT of Joey Crawford!

Pretty sure someone on this thread mentioned that the heat are something like 15-3 in Crawford playoff games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:24 AM)

spoelstraoncourt.jpg

Wow, how is that not a technical foul?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
I agree that 2-2-1-1-1 would make more sense, but only twice has the home team swept all 3 games since it started in 1985. The road team has done it 3 times.

That's why I hate it, unless you can win 3 straight games against a quality opponent (which doesn't happen often), the lower seed has to win two games on the road. And the higher seed gets the last two games at home, which is a huge edge.

HATE the 2-3-2 format.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id...l_ob_ny_ban_lnk

Phil Jackson says he wouldn't have wanted to coach the New York Knicks -- even if the team asked.

"I wasn't gonna take that job; that's for sure," he told HBO's "Real Sports" in an interview scheduled to air Tuesday night.

Jackson -- who won 11 championships as coach of the Bulls and Lakers -- said Knicks owner James Dolan never called him about the job.

Jackson, 66, was a member of two Knicks championship teams and said he has thought about coaching in New York, but wouldn't want to lead the current team because it's "clumsy."

"They don't fit together well. (Amare) Stoudemire doesn't fit well with Carmelo (Anthony)," said Jackson, when asked to expand on "clumsy." "Stoudemire's a really good player. But he's gotta play in a certain system and a way.

"Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can't stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together."

Jackson, who retired after the 2010-11 season, was heavily rumored to be a candidate for the position before the Knicks eventually removed Mike Woodson's interim tag and give him a multiyear contract in late May.

Jackson said the Knicks and Orlando Magic openings this offseason were not the positions to bring him back to the bench.

He says he wasn't interested in Orlando because it's too far from his Montana home.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)
It's being ignored. 670 briefly mentioned it jokingly.

I don't get why nobody is talking about it, it could have been a huge play, it should've been a tech FT and get the ball back now needing only a 2 pointer to tie if they made the tech FT...and it happened in front of Crawford FFS.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
Get ready J4L: the officiating sucked last night (again). That 4th foul on Durant was bulls*** and pretty much guaranteed a Heat victory. Thunder up 6-8, playing good defense, momentum changing and then BOOM. A no-call foul puts Durant on the bench for the remainder of the 3rd and the Thunder lost. I'm so tired of the NBA officiating. In one quarter if you breath on someone it's a foul, the next quarter you have to tackle someone to get a foul called. It's absolutely ludicrous.

Which was highly exacerbated by Brooks resting Westbrook for like 5 minutes during the same stretch, and two incredibly stupid fouls on guys shooting 3's. The Thunder did it to themselves.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
Which was highly exacerbated by Brooks resting Westbrook for like 5 minutes during the same stretch, and two incredibly stupid fouls on guys shooting 3's. The Thunder did it to themselves.

What? Are you saying that OKC played badly and the loss wasn't 100% to blame on the refs? How dare you speak such blasphemy!

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)

No I know, it wasn't just that. But it did play a part. It just annoys me that we can't watch the best players go at it. It's stupid. The NBA's all about fixing things, so fix it so that superstars are on the court all the time and aren't sitting on the bench because of ticky-tack fouls (see: the Lebron James/Dwayne Wade treatment)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
What? Are you saying that OKC played badly and the loss wasn't 100% to blame on the refs? How dare you speak such blasphemy!

Hey, playing 8 on 5 is tough. Heck, sometimes they were playing 9 on 5.