2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulls are apparently willing to trade Deng and REALLY want to move up in the draft to get someone (most likely Barnes). They also want to shed salary.

SAM SMITH TRADE HAT TIME.

Bulls trade Deng for #5 and Garcia

Bulls trade #29 and Charlotte pick for #10 if Lamb is there

Get MLE back in this scenario.

PG: MLE/Watson or Kirk

SG: Hamilton/Lamb

SF: Barnes/Butler

PF: Boozer/Gibson

C : Noah/Asik

Trade hat off.

Bulls trade #29 and Charlotte pick for #10 if Lamb is there

This one is really unnecessary.

I assume your saying Jeremy Lamb Uconn and not Doron Lamb KY. There are going to be a bunch of guys at the end of the first round who could be as productive as Lamb, a guy that could really be interesting is Wroten who is a combo guard at 6'6.

What really sucks is if the Bulls got the pick based on where they were eliminated (instead of record) theyd be right in line for Royce White or Perry Jones.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Why trade Deng to get Harrison Barnes, whose ceiling seems to be that of Luol Deng?

Because 2012-2013 is a wasted season, especially with Deng needing wrist surgery. Now is the time to get younger and cheaper.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Because 2012-2013 is a wasted season, especially with Deng needing wrist surgery. Now is the time to get younger and cheaper.

The sad thing is...because 2012-2013 is a wasted season, it actually kinda makes sense to hold on to Deng, since Deng is likely to miss 1/3 or more of the season too...thus whatever trade value he might have to a team looking to compete next year is similarly diminished.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
The sad thing is...because 2012-2013 is a wasted season, it actually kinda makes sense to hold on to Deng, since Deng is likely to miss 1/3 or more of the season too...thus whatever trade value he might have to a team looking to compete next year is similarly diminished.

Not if you can get a similar player who is 7 years younger.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
Not if you can get a similar player who is 7 years younger.

If you can do that sure...but IMO, that pretty much relies on the team taking on Deng making a mistake. If they do that, great.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
IMO Barnes will be better than Deng for the rest of his career... I remember when he first came into UNC he was being hyped as a Lebron type prospect.

Let's acquire BJ Mullens, then.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
Let's acquire BJ Mullens, then.

BJ Mullens didnt even start in college...Barnes was the ACC Rookie of the year then averaged 17ppg last year....Big difference

I could go on and on with stats that show he's a better prospect then (in a Stephen A Smith voice) B..J... Mullens.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
BJ Mullens didnt even start in college...Barnes was the ACC Rookie of the year then averaged 17ppg last year....Big difference

I could go on and on with stats that show he's a better prospect then (in a Stephen A Smith voice) B..J... Mullens.

Lebron averaged 21-5.5-6 in the league right out of high school and would have gone #1 overall as a high school junior if he were eligible. We're talking about getting Harrison Barnes at #5 in a one-man draft after two years in college. Big difference.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
IMO Barnes will be better than Deng for the rest of his career... I remember when he first came into UNC he was being hyped as a Lebron type prospect.

Anybody who compared him to LeBron should be shot. The hype he got wasn't any higher than any other #1 player in the country. Luol Deng was the consensus #2 player in the country coming out of high school behind LeBron. Basing your belief that he will be better than Deng on his high school hype is unbelievably stupid.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
Anybody who compared him to LeBron should be shot. The hype he got wasn't any higher than any other #1 player in the country. Luol Deng was the consensus #2 player in the country coming out of high school behind LeBron. Basing your belief that he will be better than Deng on his high school hype is unbelievably stupid.

Barnes wasn't even #1 on Rivals' final rankings, Josh Selby was.

Does anyone actually know when to expect Rose back? I remember when they were saying a January return.

If we destroy the team and he comes back with 30-40 games remaining, the fans will revolt

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Does anyone actually know when to expect Rose back? I remember when they were saying a January return.

If we destroy the team and he comes back with 30-40 games remaining, the fans will revolt

They said that his injury could take anywhere from 8-12 months to heal, and even then who knows when he actually will trust the knee. They need to build the team as if he isnt coming back next season, and if he does it is all gravy. I dont expect him to come back in January at all

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)

That hype thing was just something i threw out there, not what i based my belief off of

-ACC Rookie of the year

-Freshman All American

-Most points in an Ncaa tourney by a UNC freshman in nearly 35 years

-High School Player of the year

-2010 and 11 preseason All American

thats what my belief is based off of

and I said he'll be better than Deng for the rest of his career...I think Deng is only a 15 PPG guy the rest of the way, I can see Barnes being what Deng was a few years ago 17+ ppg

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

I don't think that's an answer we'll have until much later in the year. They said 8-12 months, so in theory it could be early February, but if he has a setback at some point it could be all season.