2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
am I the only one that thinks it didnt look like Lebron cramped up last night? The way they were treating him and the way he was acting looked like a thigh bruise or strain or something.

I was thinking hamstring pull/tear, but I'm no doctor. I don't think they'd be stretching him like they were if they thought that were the case, though.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
Wait a minute. Did you just suggest that Bill Russell is one of the 4 greatest players to ever live? We're done, Q. Forever.

Wait a minute, bolded part...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
Age 27 was Jordan's 7th year in the league. It's LeBron's 9th. Kobe won his first at age 21 in his 4th year.

LeBron's shot at being GOAT is gone, partially because Jordan's resume reads like a myth, Kareem's longevity and dominance put him up there, Wilt was an inhuman machine, and Russell has 11 rings. Those are the four I always see as main GOAT contenders (though I obviously think it's Jordan and I don't feel Russell should be up there) and I can't see LeBron matching any of those four.

That being said, if the Heat go on a crazy run, I can see LeBron punching his way into the Top 5.

My top five is this:

1. Jordan

2. Wilt

3. Kareem

4. Magic

5. Bird

The Wizards have traded Rashard Lewis and the No. 46 pick in the 2012 draft to the Hornets, in exchange for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/182...or-okafor-ariza

Awesome trade for the Hornets. They can buy Lewis out for a tick over 13 million (jesus christ, that dude is so loaded for being terrible), they dump the big money owed to Okafor, and yeah, Ariza is solid, but they aren't going anywhere.

Big money to find someone to play with Davis soon.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
The Wizards have traded Rashard Lewis and the No. 46 pick in the 2012 draft to the Hornets, in exchange for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/182...or-okafor-ariza

Awesome trade for the Hornets. They can buy Lewis out for a tick over 13 million (jesus christ, that dude is so loaded for being terrible), they dump the big money owed to Okafor, and yeah, Ariza is solid, but they aren't going anywhere.

Big money to find someone to play with Davis soon.

Does it put Charlotte under the cap?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)

WAY under. They were at like $42 mil with Okafor and Ariza and counting their two firsts (albiet not counting Gordon). Now, even if Gordon gets $16 mil a year (which would be a bit steep), they'd be at about $40 million in salary.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)

Assuming you meant New Orleans...they are currently at $43 million committed, but that is before their #1 draft pick and with only a qualifying offer to Eric Gordon. So, closer to $49 million counting Davis, and then presumably Eric Gordon will get more than $5 million from someone unless he plays out the season on the QO in order to become unrestricted.

For the 2013 offseason though, They'd have Davis, Jason Smith ($2.5 million), and anyone else they draft or sign this year. If they sign Gordon, they'll be sitting at ~$20 million, total, and could offer 2 max deals. They have another $10 million in Team Option players that year they might keep, but at ~$30 million there's almost room for 2 max deals, and they can be choosy about who's options they pick up or how they structure Gordon's deal.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Gordon + Anthony Davis + 10th pick + good financial standing. Pretty good shape for that franchise, obviously a lot of work/development to be done but thats a nice start.

They'll probably do something stupid like sign Harden to a max contract.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
You want the real scary thing? The top 2 unrestricted free agents next offseason...when the Hornets will have cap space...Dwight, and Chris Paul.

Why is that scary? Dwight isn't going to NO.

John Salley took a big s*** on Michael Jordan on ESPN today. Said MJ doesn't make his top 5 best players, implies that MJ would not have been successful if he didn't have Phil Jackson coaching him, declares Magic Johnson far and away the GOAT

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
John Salley took a big s*** on Michael Jordan on ESPN today. Said MJ doesn't make his top 5 best players, implies that MJ would not have been successful if he didn't have Phil Jackson coaching him, declares Magic Johnson far and away the GOAT

20 years later and still a two bit hater.

And Magic had Kareem and Riley, so he's not a top 5 either.

Hakeem is the GOAT if we want to start playing the whole "hsd great coach/teammates" thing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
I've thought about that a lot since enjoying the Dream Team doc. Then I got sad thinking about a special kid from Chicago who can GO UPSTAIRS not participating. It should be awesome, though.

What really sucks for Rose is that it appears that basketball in the next Olympics will likely be limited to players 23 and under so Rose wouldn't be eligible unless they adopt a plan similar to soccer where you can augment your roster with a player or 2 above the age of 23.

John Salley shouldn't be allowed to talk basketball anymore.

Ha, and back to the cave he goes.