2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
Is Gordon a restricted free agent?

This year, yes, so qualifying offer to him.

If he really doesn't want to play in NOLA, which is also possible, he could play out the season on the QO and become an unrestricted FA, maybe for even more money if he has a good year. After only playing 9 games this season, that might not be a bad idea on the surface anyway, unless he believes he can't stay healthy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
Only for the 2nd title. But he had Big Shot Bob for both titles, so that automatically disqualifies him from this discussion.

It's not like Horry was a great player, plus he was a rookie in 94.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
Anyone that averaged 7 ppg in a career is pretty far from great.

This is one time where i will say his ppg does not show what kind of a player he was. He was pretty key for multiple championship teams

There are rumors Bynum is available for the right deal... What about Deng+ for Bynum and that Noah for Evans and #5 rumor..

As I stated before I like the fact Evans worked with a "shot doc" then improved his shooting significantly after. He's also versatile, he played PG and SF last year and can obviously play SG, with that if Barnes is off the board when we're up at 5 we can grab a Bradley Beal and play Evans at the 3.

I'm fine with keeping things the same, but I enjoy speculating as well.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
There are rumors Bynum is available for the right deal... What about Deng+ for Bynum and that Noah for Evans and #5 rumor..

As I stated before I like the fact Evans worked with a "shot doc" then improved his shooting significantly after. He's also versatile, he played PG and SF last year and can obviously play SG, with that if Barnes is off the board when we're up at 5 we can grab a Bradley Beal and play Evans at the 3.

As much as Joakim gets hurt, Bynum makes Joakim look like he's always healthy.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)

Why would the Lakers ever make that trade?

They were rumored to trade Bynum straight up for Howard, now they'll trade him for Deng "+"?

I don't think there's anything on this roster that gets you Bynum except for Rose. Deng is an often injured above average player, they don't need Noah, or Gibson, and that's all we have of any value.

I don't think Bynum would work out here. Big egos + laziness + Thibodeau = explosion

I don't think Bulls fan understand how valuable Joakim Noah is. Guys that big, that work that hard, play defense like that, score a few points, are not that easy to find. This is why almost every team has some 7 foot guy that can hardly play basketball on their bench.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)

Biggest problem? Bynum is an unrestricted free agent after next season. I still have trouble seeing how it makes sense for the Bulls to play for next season if Rose misses 2/3 of the year and is never 100%. Thus, the net result of this deal could be "clearing cap space and getting no players in return, while sitting on Rose's big contract and having nothing to show for it".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Biggest problem? Bynum is an unrestricted free agent after next season. I still have trouble seeing how it makes sense for the Bulls to play for next season if Rose misses 2/3 of the year and is never 100%. Thus, the net result of this deal could be "clearing cap space and getting no players in return, while sitting on Rose's big contract and having nothing to show for it".

Unless he resigned, it doesn't make sense.

For the current Bulls, Noah would fill the Rodman role in that he's versatile (and good) defensively, hustles, and grabs boards. Rose fills the Jordan role. The problem si there's no Pippen or Kukoc to take pressure off of Rose with shot creating.

Obviously, that was not saying that Noah is Rodman or Rose is Jordan, just their roles, for anyone who wants to freak out about it.

But anyone that wants to talk about how valuable Deng is, lets remember that he wasn't this current iteration of Deng until Thibs showed up. The old Deng is basically gone, he doesn't slash nearly as much and doesn't have the lethal midrange shot anymore. But, he became a better three point shooter and defender. I think that's a result of Thibs, so I think Thibs could do that with Barnes, though Barnes will most likely be taken by Cleveland, since Washington will probably take Beal now.

Meanwhile, Noah's are incredibly rare, because he is the perfect center for Rose. He can run the floor with Rose, pass, hustles, etc.

Edited by Quinarvy