2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
Multiple weeks of non-stop Heat coverage plus the return of Darren Rovell to ESPN, time to find a new network for a month

MLB network...

Ya the Deng+ for Bynum was a little far fetched on my part..and the part of the international business times website I fisrt saw the rumor. They had a potential Bynum for Jrue Holiday and Iggy trade, I was thinking if that works then Deng, CJ, and the Bobcats pick might work....this all coming after my morning jog/fog...If you see me post before 10am, disregard it, I'm out of it lol

As far as todays game, I got OKC by 10+. I see the Thunder playing the kind of D they played in the 2nd half of Game 1...and if they do win tonight I think it goes to a game 7 and that games a toss up.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
As far as todays game, I got OKC by 10+. I see the Thunder playing the kind of D they played in the 2nd half of Game 1...and if they do win tonight I think it goes to a game 7 and that games a toss up.

I've got the Thunder rolling over in this one.

That really is the problem, most of us make a choice to post here. The only way another site will get off the ground is if you have dedicated posters who are volume posting, and not just about the Bulls. Since, I am not going to repost the same information on another site (off topic stuff), it means that the other site is just a basketball site.

If its just going to be a Bulls site with predominately the same posters as Soxtalk, it may as well be a sub-forum of this site. This thread had 8k posts from start to finish, during that time Id guess that Soxtalk had 100k posts. Just going to need a bunch of people who are solely dedicated to talkbulls to get it off the ground, because Im not sure 8,000 posts is enough material over a year to keep people interested. It is only 20 posts a day.

It's a shame Lebron douched his way to Miami because he has been borderline dominant in the playoffs. Wade has been average and outside Game 4, you forget Bosh is on the floor.

Say what you want about other teams and injuries and the short season, but Lebron has earned this ring with clutch play.

/trying to jinx Miami

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
That really is the problem, most of us make a choice to post here. The only way another site will get off the ground is if you have dedicated posters who are volume posting, and not just about the Bulls. Since, I am not going to repost the same information on another site (off topic stuff), it means that the other site is just a basketball site.

If its just going to be a Bulls site with predominately the same posters as Soxtalk, it may as well be a sub-forum of this site. This thread had 8k posts from start to finish, during that time Id guess that Soxtalk had 100k posts. Just going to need a bunch of people who are solely dedicated to talkbulls to get it off the ground, because Im not sure 8,000 posts is enough material over a year to keep people interested. It is only 20 posts a day.

I think it would foster more discussion if you didn't have this big scary catch-all for the entire sport.

I'm not exactly in charge, but it wouldn't shock me if Soxtalk does something to discourage/end NBA discussion on this board to at least get everyone to try out TalkBulls

forum growth should be organic, not forced

edit: have one big site called ChicagoSportsTalk or something, capture SoxTalk, TalkBulls, TalkBears, etc. all under one big umbrella of subforums instead of a bunch of loosely-connected sites.

oh and implement tapatalk.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
I'm not exactly in charge, but it wouldn't shock me if Soxtalk does something to discourage/end NBA discussion on this board to at least get everyone to try out TalkBulls

That would be downright stupid. Soxtalk has ads, TalkBulls does not and I don't see it having some anytime soon. This is one of the most trafficked threads on the entire board.

Money is good.

PS, I just clicked a Tempur-Pedic ad. You are welcome, Jason!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
Ha, this wasn't meant to be a jinx, I just typed it but now it reads funny.

I agree with you. It's not like Wade and Bosh are carrying him in the 4th. He's dominating.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
forum growth should be organic, not forced

edit: have one big site called ChicagoSportsTalk or something, capture SoxTalk, TalkBulls, TalkBears, etc. all under one big umbrella of subforums instead of a bunch of loosely-connected sites.

oh and implement tapatalk.

This was more or less suggested but was found to require too much programming prowess/money and could possibly negate the popularity that Soxtalk has.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
This was more or less suggested but was found to require too much programming prowess/money and could possibly negate the popularity that Soxtalk has.

It could certainly be disruptive and would not be easy to implement.

Basically we just need to do something to convince some of the awesome posters from this thread to migrate over. To me, the fact that those posters may be at TalkBulls and the chance that I can navigate topics in separate threads was tantalizing enough for me.

To each their own obviously, but when you have almost 10 years invested into a message board, there has to be a pretty compelling reason to go to the other one. You dont need to change Soxtalk at all, NBA could simply be a sub-forum, like the Buster is a sub-forum of AJ's.

(edit)

That is if you want to drain from this message board. If you want bullstalk as a separate and distinct message board, you need to hit other NBA boards and try and attract new posters.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
It's a shame Lebron douched his way to Miami because he has been borderline dominant in the playoffs. Wade has been average and outside Game 4, you forget Bosh is on the floor.

Say what you want about other teams and injuries and the short season, but Lebron has earned this ring with clutch play.

/trying to jinx Miami

Borderline dominant? What's your definition of outright dominant? 40/20/10?