2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
I was being nice, Ive never been a Boozer fan and Id have traded Noah multiple times by now.

I'm still torn on Noah. To get Howard, it's a no brainer. But he was doing a nice job on Love when he was out there and grabs boards, although he has been getting out worked some this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
I'm still torn on Noah. To get Howard, it's a no brainer. But he was doing a nice job on Love when he was out there and grabs boards, although he has been getting out worked some this year.

Maybe due to Noah bulking up, he's not as in shape an able to be high energy, which helped his rebounding/defense/scoring.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 05:56 AM)
Gibson hasnt been nearly as good as Boozer this season and really Asik vs. Noah is a wash. Noah starts because we know there's a damn good player in there, which to me is justifiable.

Gibson has been terrible. I agree he's like boozer in that he settles for only jumpers, but at least boozer makes them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:19 AM)
Gibson has been terrible. I agree he's like boozer in that he settles for only jumpers, but at least boozer makes them.

I agree. I have become increasingly frustrated at our front line. I love Gibson and Asik's D but hate Gibson's shot selection and Omer's hands. Boozer has grown on me a bit lately and Noah seems to have regressed both offensively and defensively. Still love Luol obviously.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:26 AM)
I agree. I have become increasingly frustrated at our front line. I love Gibson and Asik's D but hate Gibson's shot selection and Omer's hands. Boozer has grown on me a bit lately and Noah seems to have regressed both offensively and defensively. Still love Luol obviously.

Yeah, when Boozer's Rainbow is on, he's great because we can effectively run the Pick & Pop. We can run the Pick & Roll because of Noah, which is fine if Noah was getting his 13 hustle points, but he's not.

Gibson thinks he's become Boozer and can make that shot.

Asik did some random/cool post moves yesterday, but that sure as hell won't last.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Yeah, when Boozer's Rainbow is on, he's great because we can effectively run the Pick & Pop. We can run the Pick & Roll because of Noah, which is fine if Noah was getting his 13 hustle points, but he's not.

Gibson thinks he's become Boozer and can make that shot.

Asik did some random/cool post moves yesterday, but that sure as hell won't last.

Did anyone here post this page on how much more Boozer is shooting from the outside and how muchless he's actually getting to the rim?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
Did anyone here post this page on how much more Boozer is shooting from the outside and how muchless he's actually getting to the rim?

I seriously think he's trying to clear out for Noah.

The other day on D Noah was rotating over to help Boozer out and you could hear Boozer say "Don't worry Jo! I got this!"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
I seriously think he's trying to clear out for Noah.

The other day on D Noah was rotating over to help Boozer out and you could hear Boozer say "Don't worry Jo! I got this!"

At least from what I've watched, Boozer hasn't been nearly as torchable on defense this year as last year, but that could be entirely because Joakim's become such a weak spot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
At least from what I've watched, Boozer hasn't been nearly as torchable on defense this year as last year, but that could be entirely because Joakim's become such a weak spot.

No, he's actually giving effort. He's attempted the Karl Malone ball strip too, since he can't block.