2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

I could give two s***s what kind of mission this guy is supposedly on, same ole same ole in crunch time. This free throw performance is embarrassing.

Starts OT with 2 bricks inside 8 feet with Billups on him.

Edited by WHarris1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now the Heat begin a full team meltdown LOLz. Will they lose a game this year though?

Lebron concerned purely with the officials rather than his 1-6 shooting in the 4th + OT and near 50% FT shooting.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 12:43 AM)
WTF is Battier b****ing about

I think he was saying he fouled Griffin and not Billups, but they weren't shooting free throws anyway, so I don't know why it was relevant.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 12:48 AM)
These last two Miami games have been amazingly satisfying to watch.

But you see, it's not my fault. The refs called a terrible game and it's not like anyone ever said it was gonna be easy. Those refs have to wake up tomorrow with their crappy lives.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 12:50 AM)
But you see, it's not my fault. The refs called a terrible game and it's not like anyone ever said it was gonna be easy. Those refs have to wake up tomorrow with their crappy lives.

Thank you for leading me to rewatch this:

EDIT: Oh hey, this was post 10,000. Cool. I need a life.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 12:55 AM)
Fully agreed. I don't think it's even particularly close, but I generally don't like mashups.

I like his works, but the backing track goes perfectly with LeBron's voice and the situation.

Also, when LeBron isn't dressing like a hipster douche, he's a very good dresser.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
Thank you for leading me to rewatch this:

EDIT: Oh hey, this was post 10,000. Cool. I need a life.

Wow, never seen that before. I was there for Noah's interview at the Berto on the day of the Decision.

Pretty nice win for the Magic tonight in Portland, giving the Trail-Blazers their 1st home loss of the season so far.

Actually shows what we're capable of when there's sufficient ball movement on offense and guys like Turkloglu and Jameer Nelson play to their potential.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 01:43 AM)
WTF is Battier b****ing about

Edit: If I was an NBA ref, players like LeBron who complain to NO END about their fouls would get T'd up like motherf***ers.

And if you dared to T up an NBA star a couple times, you wouldn't be an NBA ref for very long.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 08:07 AM)
chicagobulls Chicago Bulls

#Madhouse #Defense RT @JeffGurt: In the four home games so far, the Bulls have held opponents to 67.5 PPG. Yes, really.

17 teams are holding opponents to 95 points or less in a game (four under 90), compared to just seven teams last season (and three the season before that). Some of that is the small number of games that have been played, but it's also lockout basketball.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
17 teams are holding opponents to 95 points or less in a game (four under 90), compared to just seven teams last season (and three the season before that). Some of that is the small number of games that have been played, but it's also lockout basketball.

Actually, that is a record for the Bulls though...fewest points given up through 4 home games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
Actually, that is a record for the Bulls though...fewest points given up through 4 home games.

Memphis (Z-Bo injured early)

Atlanta (3rd of 3 b2b, awful game)

Detroit

Washington

Yup, sounds about right.

Since I normally rag on Rose for his shot selection, I guess it's time to pick out someone else. What the f*** was Blake Griffin thinking last night? He took 9 shots from 16+ feet. If you're Blake Griffin and you are as athletic/strong as anyone in the league, why would you move your game to the perimeter? There were a number of times where he'd catch the ball just inside the three-point line and instead of actually trying to get a better look, he'd just take the jumper because no one was guarding him closely. Here's a hint, Blake. No one was guarding you because you suck at shooting from that distance. I mean, the long two is a bad shot in the first place, but when your 4 is starting to take that shot as often as he is, it's even worse.

He's averaging five and a half shots per game from 16-23 feet and is shooting just 33% on those jumpers. Comparatively, he's shooting 75% at the rim (on seven attempts per game) and 49% from 3-9 feet. He's one of the better finishers in the painted area in the league and draws a s***load of fouls when he's in there. Why would he EVER take over 30% of his shots from a spot where no one will defend him and where he can't make a shot consistently?

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
Since I normally rag on Rose for his shot selection, I guess it's time to pick out someone else. What the f*** was Blake Griffin thinking last night? He took 9 shots from 16+ feet. If you're Blake Griffin and you are as athletic/strong as anyone in the league, why would you move your game to the perimeter? There were a number of times where he'd catch the ball just inside the three-point line and instead of actually trying to get a better look, he'd just take the jumper because no one was guarding him closely. Here's a hint, Blake. No one was guarding you because you suck at shooting from that distance. I mean, the long two is a bad shot in the first place, but when your 4 is starting to take that shot as often as he is, it's even worse.

He's averaging five and a half shots per game from 16-23 feet and is shooting just 33% on those jumpers. Comparatively, he's shooting 75% at the rim (on seven attempts per game) and 49% from 3-9 feet. He's one of the better finishers in the painted area in the league and draws a s***load of fouls when he's in there. Why would he EVER take over 30% of his shots from a spot where no one will defend him and where he can't make a shot consistently?

Gosh...it might be nice if there was a person who's job it was to teach players not to do things like that and to craft an offense that put them in positions where they were more likely to be effective. One could even call it a "Coach".

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
He's averaging five and a half shots per game from 16-23 feet and is shooting just 33% on those jumpers. Comparatively, he's shooting 75% at the rim (on seven attempts per game) and 49% from 3-9 feet.

The issue is he has zero post game (like most big men these days). Those 75% are open dunks and/or alley oops. The 3-9 are when space has already been created.