2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
In what world is Dirk not thought of as a big man? The guy is 7 foot tall and has made a living in the post; even if it's an extended post.

It's just his game. Sure, he's a big man, but he makes his living in the post and his first many years beyond the 3 point line. It's an obvious misconception, but an understandable one.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
In what world is Dirk not thought of as a big man? The guy is 7 foot tall and has made a living in the post; even if it's an extended post.

Dirk has the skill-set of a wing. He's nothing like the prototypical big man. Even by today's standards. He's one of the greatest players ever. I obviously wasn't referring to him when I said Howard is the only big I'd clearly rank over Aldridge.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
I am taking great pleasure in the total mediocrity of the New York Knicks

They are absolutely awful to watch as well, unless you get off watching iso after iso.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
They are absolutely awful to watch as well, unless you get off watching iso after iso.

I just watched the "highlights" of the game vs the grizzlies, and every highlight is the grizz grabbing a rebound and flying to the other end of the court while the knicks just jog behind. No effort whatsoever.

It is very telling with that team when Bill Walker is considered by ESPN to be the knicks mvp of the game. No disrespect to Walker, but that team has Melo and Amare.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
It is very telling with that team when Bill Walker is considered by ESPN to be the knicks mvp of the game. No disrespect to Walker, but that team has Melo and Amare.

No disrespect to this post, but Carmelo Anthony only played 19 minutes and is hobbled by two rather serious injuries right now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
I just watched the "highlights" of the game vs the grizzlies, and every highlight is the grizz grabbing a rebound and flying to the other end of the court while the knicks just jog behind. No effort whatsoever.

When Boris Diaw can do

to your defense, you know it's bad.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
Mike D'Antoni seems to be a good candidate to get launched this season, no?

If they don't show considerable improvement between now and the end of the season, yes, he should be. Amare has missed a couple games and looked like crap in a couple others. But they've gotten torched by the likes of the Raptors, Bobcats and Kings. Unacceptable. In this awful conference, they should be no worse than a 4-seed with at least one playoff series win.

Don't know if anyone saw it but ESPN's Ric Bucher came out with his top 7 NBA players list and it goes like this...

1.Kobe Bryant

2.Derrick Rose

3.LeBron James

4.Dwight Howard

5.Dwyane Wade

6.Dirk Nowitzki

7.Russell Westbrook

Personally I think his list is crazy, (Westbrook, really?) mine would go like this...

1.LBJ (really, there shouldn't be a debate about #1)

2.Kobe (I'll give the old guy the nod at 2)

3.Durant (not even in Bucher's top 7 list, which is insane)

4.Howard (the best big man in the game has to be in the top 5)

5.Rose (the way he's improving each year, he'll be top 3 very soon)

6.Wade (yup, I think Rose is better than Wade now)

7.Paul (not the player he was a few years ago but still one of the best)

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
I just don't even have the words to describe how stupid that is.

Imagine as a Thunder fan, you gotta just be like :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

As a living, breathing human you gotta just be like :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

That is so stupid. Also, I don't care what he does in the playoffs, LBJ is #1.

1. LBJ

2. D-Rose

3. KD

4. Kobe

5. Dirk

6. CP3

7. Wade

8. Dwight

9. Melo

10. K-Love

Obviously, there's room for interpretation, but Bucher having Westbrook in his top 7 and not ranking KD is moronic. However, doing so means he'll get lots of replies and hits, so victory to him, I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
As a living, breathing human you gotta just be like :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

That is so stupid. Also, I don't care what he does in the playoffs, LBJ is #1.

1. LBJ

2. D-Rose

3. KD

4. Kobe

5. Dirk

6. CP3

7. Wade

8. Dwight

9. Melo

10. K-Love

Obviously, there's room for interpretation, but Bucher having Westbrook in his top 7 and not ranking KD is moronic. However, doing so means he'll get lots of replies and hits, so victory to him, I guess.

Certainly it is baffling to any human, I was just imagining being a Thunder fan, rooting/watching every single night. Having to deal with the constant frustration that comes with Westbrook's play and the shear amazing-ness of Durant, then seeing this list and possibly fracturing ribs from laughing so hard.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
Certainly it is baffling to any human, I was just imagining being a Thunder fan, rooting/watching every single night. Having to deal with the constant frustration that comes with Westbrook's play and the shear amazing-ness of Durant, then seeing this list and possibly fracturing ribs from laughing so hard.

I agree completely.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
In my semi-defense of Ric Bucher, he's always LOVED Russell Westbrook. He's obsessed with the guy. This goes back to at least 2010. He didn't just throw him in his top 10 to make everybody mad.

Damn, well he's not a pot-stirrer then...just a moron.

The thing is I'm a big fan of Westbrook as well (he still has a lot to figure out), but to call him top 7...and better than Kevin f***ing Durant...oye.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
The thing is I'm a big fan of Westbrook as well (he still has a lot to figure out), but to call him top 7...and better than Kevin f***ing Durant...oye.

YEah, that's the thing. Actually, the Westbrook hate has gone way too far after the playoffs last year, but still... he's not better than Kevin f***ing Durant and anyone who would write that, regardless of their consistency in liking a player, is off their rocker.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
Damn, well he's not a pot-stirrer then...just a moron.

He's been consistent in his belief that all Kevin does is score and that's it. He thinks Westbrook is the more "impactful" player and could come close to leading the league in scoring if he had free reign like Rose does. I don't agree at all. I'm just saying he's thought this for a while now. Just read his chats.

Edited by Jordan4life