2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
Wow. Deng already? Hopefully this isn't something he can do more damage to.

As I said earlier, if the Bulls are taking this approach it must be one of the non-crucial ligaments. They will treat it like a sprained ankle and his playing will be based on how it feels.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
#pokingthelion

KCJHoop K.C Johnson

DRose: "I will never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game. I can’t wait to play them again." #Bulls

lol

Derrick needs to chill, f*** the Pacers, we got bigger fish to fry.

Still, not gonna miss that game because Rose is gonna go at them hard :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
No way. That intensity is what makes Rose special.

Oh I agree, but he needs to pick his battles wisely or he's gonna wind up getting hurt...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
lol

Derrick needs to chill, f*** the Pacers, we got bigger fish to fry.

Still, not gonna miss that game because Rose is gonna go at them hard :lolhitting

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. The Bulls should beat them, but the Pacers can definitely give the Bulls a heck of a series. That 5-game series last year was tougher than the final result would make it look.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
#pokingthelion

KCJHoop K.C Johnson

DRose: "I will never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game. I can’t wait to play them again." #Bulls

I must say, yet again... I love this kid so freaking much.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
No way. That intensity is what makes Rose special.

Yet when Peavy says these real intense things he gets blasted for them. not by you but by a lot of posters.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
Yet when Peavy says these real intense things he gets blasted for them. not by you but by a lot of posters.

Rose has said things and backed them up. Peavy, not so much in a White Sox uniform.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
Rose has said things and backed them up. Peavy, not so much in a White Sox uniform.

Rose has missed games. Peavy's problem has been injuries. So it's fine to be intense and try really hard, only if your good. If you don't perform we don't want the players to be intense. The ones who don't perform well we want to be laid back with no insensity?

This doesn't make sense to me. I want ALL my players to be intense and have this attitude, not just the ones who play well.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
Rose has missed games. Peavy's problem has been injuries. So it's fine to be intense and try really hard, only if your good. If you don't perform we don't want the players to be intense. The ones who don't perform well we want to be laid back with no insensity?

This doesn't make sense to me. I want ALL my players to be intense and have this attitude, not just the ones who play well.

I do too for the most part, but you shouldn't be spouting off about it all the time unless you have proven time and again that it means something. I wish Jake would just keep his mouth shut about it until he actually does something.

Trust me, if Peavy had won a Cy Young while with the White Sox he could say whatever he wanted.

No, the ones who dont perform well should keep the s*** talking to themselves until they can go out and do what they say they are going to do.

Look, I respect Peavy for coming back early and fighting through a tough injury. But last year he would come up with some rah rah talk about how everyone needs to be more intense and be better, then come out and throw a stinker. I am not asking him to be less intense, Im just asking him not to call his shots in the media until he is past his injuries and can actually accomplish what he is telling everyone else they need to do.

Rose has had a few injuries here and there. He also comes back and performs at an extremely high level, injured or healthy. And his "talk" usually consists of "I cant wait to play them again", not "we all need to be better and more intense".

I've never dissed Peavy for trying to be tough, but listening to him talk about it again without ever having done anything significant in a Sox uniform reminds me of that time whezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
I do too for the most part, but you shouldn't be spouting off about it all the time unless you have proven time and again that it means something. I wish Jake would just keep his mouth shut about it until he actually does something.

Rose hadn't proven anything last year when he talked about being MVP...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)

That was a personal goal. That isnt the same thing as talking about winning games and how you go about it

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)

That's a different discussion. I agree it doesn't need to talk about it. But many posters blast him for his attitude not talking about it.

But that's part of the package with many of the real intense competitors. They try to get others around them to be more intense if they don't see it. He has been a winner and has won a Cy Young. Just because he hasn't done it with the Sox doesn't mean he can't try to instill that attitude in some of the younger players. There is an element in sports where the aging veteran can instill a work ethic or attitude in the young players.

I would rather have him act like this than take the Rios approach of keeping to himself and be too mellow. It;'s a personal preference but I like that attitude in an athlete.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)

You really don't understand the conversation, do you?

"Why can't I be MVP?"

Becomes MVP.

He backed that s*** the f*** up.

Meh. I don't have a problem with Rose wanting to keep mental note of teams/players he felt "disrespected" him or his team if that helps to fire him up or whatever. Not sure what the Pacers really did. They got a big road win against a team with the best record in basketball. I would imagine one would be a little more hype after that than by beating anyone of the Wizards, Bobcats, Cavs, Pistons, Raptors or any other putrid eastern conference team. But there's a team come Sunday that Rose needs to worry about. A team that humbled him last year. The one, and only, team standing in the way of a finals appearance this year. Save your fury for them.

Edited by Jordan4life