2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
I think everyone here has spent enough of their time complaining about Carlos Boozer to the point that it's not news anymore. Boozer's not hitting a 3 in that situation, either, so I don't really see how it changes anything.

It has nothing to do with the 3-point attempt. It has everything to do with having to remove a $15 million dollar a year guy at the end of a tight game because he's a defensive hack for another guy who should probably be working at Menards. I don't even want to think about what Bosh is gonna do Sunday.

KC Johnson explained what Thibs did in that situation when he called into the score. Boozer subbed out for defense so he wouldnt get his final foul, and was supposed to sub back in. But Rose got the ball and took off, and Thibs didnt want to call timeout and stop the play when they could have had the easy points in transition. Scalabrine wasnt supposed to be in there, it definitely wasnt planned that way. Thibs gambled on the transition points without stoppage, and they lost. It sucked, but the entire game the Bulls werent getting the rebounds, and the Pacers were, and the Pacers made them pay.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
It has nothing to do with the 3-point attempt. It has everything to do with having to remove a $15 million dollar a year guy at the end of a tight game because he's a defensive hack for another guy who should probably be working at Menards. I don't even want to think about what Bosh is gonna do Sunday.

Bosh will be tired after contending with the unstoppable/Championship-maker force that is Tyson Chandler tonite

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
Is the sky going to fall after every loss this season?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
hasn't it always?

Huh? Derrick Rose has made a bigger deal about the loss than any Bulls fan I've seen.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:52 PM)
Huh? Derrick Rose has made a bigger deal about the loss than any Bulls fan I've seen.

More the b****ing about Boozer. Boozer's earned his paycheck this year, maybe not all of it, but I certainly don't regret having made the move for him with the offense he's provided.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
More the b****ing about Boozer. Boozer's earned his paycheck this year, maybe not all of it, but I certainly don't regret having made the move for him with the offense he's provided.

He hasn't "earned" anything. Or if becoming a worse player while still being a lousy defender after signing a fat contract is acceptable, yes, he's earned it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
I don't think you really have the clout to judging players talent considering.

Another lame Knicks crack. But that's fine. I'll take it. I made a semi-bold claim and I was wrong. And when I feel like making another one, I will. I'm not worried about my ranking among Soxtalk hierarchy. 15 and 8 with lousy defense is nothing to get excited about when you're making $15 million.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
Maybe he was referring to the DeAndre Jordan will be better than any C not named Howard comment as well.

Nah. It's pretty much the Knicks. You think it's a coincidence they're mentioned after every loss in this thread? I can't even post in PHT without somebody basically saying "ahahaha, you said the Knicks were going to be good" so anything you say doesn't mean anything.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
Another lame Knicks crack. But that's fine. I'll take it. I made a semi-bold claim and I was wrong. And when I feel like making another one, I will. I'm not worried about my ranking among Soxtalk hierarchy. 15 and 8 with lousy defense is nothing to get excited about when you're making $15 million.

Carlos Boozer is making more money than Kevin Love is going to be.

Think about that, for a minute.

edit: After a double-check, maybe the figures are actually closer than I initially thought, but even if Boozer and Love are making the same amount, think about the drastic difference in production.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
Carlos Boozer is making more money than Kevin Love is going to be.

Think about that, for a minute.

edit: After a double-check, maybe the figures are actually closer than I initially thought, but even if Boozer and Love are making the same amount, think about the drastic difference in production.

Yeah, I see it's $13.5 this year and $15, $15+, $16+ the next three years. Jesus. Imagine Boozer in two years? lol. I've never liked Boozer. Jazz fans couldn't stand him. He routinely went into fetal mode whenever they played the Lakers (main reason they could never get by the Lakers). Credit TT, the system and the overall depth. But please don't tell me Boozer is earning his money.