2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
LBJ makes or breaks the Heat, in the end, it falls on him, he creates a match up nightmare because of his size and quickness, if LBJ is off, Bosh nor Wade aren't leading the Heat to a title.

We saw what happened when LBJ went missing in the 4th qrtrs of the Finals.We need to figure out a way to get inside LBJ's head, a James Rules perhaps? :lolhitting

No, LeBron made or broke the Cavs. Not the Heat. That's ridiculous. LeBron has one of the better "supporting" casts any superstar has had since the 1960's when there were like 4 teams in the league.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet if Rose would've hit those 2 fts and the Bulls would've held on for the W, we wouldn't be having all this gloom and doom in here.We would be talking about a shorthanded Bulls beating Miami at their house, Finals here we come!!

Talk about overreation...

Orlando with the worst week in NBA history. 56 points against Boston on Monday. They blow a 27-point lead against Boston on Thursday. A 26-point beatdown against the might Hornets on Friday. And today they lose by 21 at home against the Pacers.

Edit: I see they beat the Pacers on Tuesday. Still an awful week for them.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
No, LeBron made or broke the Cavs. Not the Heat. That's ridiculous. LeBron has one of the better "supporting" casts any superstar has had since the 1960's when there were like 4 teams in the league.

I'm talking in terms of getting a title, or did Wade and Bosh step up and lead the Heat to a title last year when LBJ was lost in the 4th qrtr and I just imagined the Mavs winning it?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Too many straight, similar losses to the Heat. It makes me want to f***ing murder something.

Rose didn't make mince meat of Heat perimeter defenders last year like he did today. It's clear this was by design. He knows for the most part that he settled way too often last year. He made it his mission to get into the paint at will. Keep that up, they've got a chance (their only chance).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Lost in this whole overreaction fest was my post with the tweet showing that Howard may changing his mind about the Bulls

I think all of us at this point are just immune to *insert superstar here* to the Bulls rumors.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Suicide watch, jeez...I'm not saying based off what happened today that we'll beat Miami in the playoffs but considering how all these games have been close, we are right there with them and you gotta be really pessimistic to believe we have zero shot against them.Me, I'm not throwing up the white flag, f*** Miami.

And yet...the Bulls have lost 5 of those close 1s in a row.

Just watched a postgame interview with LeBron.............that dude has no personality. Listening to him talk is similar to listening to The Situation from Jersey Shore........you kind of just feel akward when you hear them talking..

And I also think the Bulls will win this year, the Heat series can go either way I just have a gut feeling they will get past them this time

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Lost in this whole overreaction fest was my post with the tweet showing that Howard may changing his mind about the Bulls

KG, Gasol, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Carmelo, etc. Let's face it. Other than winning the lottery again, Chicago will not see another superstar anytime soon.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
Just watched a postgame interview with LeBron.............that dude has no personality. Listening to him talk is similar to listening to The Situation from Jersey Shore........you kind of just feel akward when you hear them talking.

Yet he is very smart talking basketball in general. One of the better ones in the game at that, very knowledgeable. Anything other than the game however... yikes.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
Yet he is very smart talking basketball in general. One of the better ones in the game at that, very knowledgeable. Anything other than the game however... yikes.

That'll happen when you're basically a child actor in Karl Malone's body.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Orlando with the worst week in NBA history. 56 points against Boston on Monday. They blow a 27-point lead against Boston on Thursday. A 26-point beatdown against the might Hornets on Friday. And today they lose by 21 at home against the Pacers.

Edit: I see they beat the Pacers on Tuesday. Still an awful week for them.

Indeed.

Chances of keeping Dwight went from 15% at the beginning of the week, down to about 5% ATM I'd say.

"Fire Otis. Fire Otis."

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
K.C Johnson @KCJHoop Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Dwight Howard opens up to the Trib's @vxmcclure23: ``If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen.''

So apparently God doesn't want them to play together? WTF is wrong with Tim Tebow anyway?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
"Fire Otis. Fire Otis."

Much like Jim Hendry, I've got to express some sympathy for the guy. He's been trying to balance buildilng a winning team with keeping a superstar happy and outsourcing some of the decision making to that superstar. Not a simple task.

KCJHoop K.C Johnson

Rip admitted to feeling like he's "playing on one leg" after logging 36 minutes. And it's not just thigh bruise. His groin continues to hurt

ESPNChiBulls Nick Friedell

Rip Hamilton said after the game that his re-aggravated his groin injury. We'll see what happens tomorrow but he sounds iffy at best for Wiz

In last year’s Eastern Conference finals, coach Erik Spoelstra put LeBron James on Derrick Rose when no one else could stop the league’s MVP. James effectively shut down Rose, and without his lockdown defense, that series might have turned out differently. With Rose surging late in Sunday’s game, Spoelstra once again had James guard Rose. And it worked. Rose went off for six points and two assists in a 2 1/2-minute stretch early in the fourth quarter. With James on Rose for the final six minutes of the game, Rose managed only three points and one assist.
Link

once again they focused pretty much all of their resources on stopping Rose because nobody else could step up and be the #2. If the Heat did anything else it would be a bad strategy.

The Bulls needed Deng, needed Rip healthy, and needed Boozer to be effective. They had none of it. There was positive news though. Noah with his 4th double double in a row

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
once again they focused pretty much all of their resources on stopping Rose because nobody else could step up and be the #2. If the Heat did anything else it would be a bad strategy.

The Bulls needed Deng, needed Rip healthy, and needed Boozer to be effective. They had none of it. There was positive news though. Noah with his 4th double double in a row

They needed to put LeBron on Rose way before they did. Especially with no Deng, there was no excuse for it.

You know, you have to figure Thibodeau would see Spoelstra doing that and figure out a way around it. If you know LeBron is on Rose that means resources are directed elsewhere and you attack differently... that's kind of the exact reason that Rip is on this team. Not pointing the finger at him as the reason for the loss or anything, but I don't really know what Rose saw on that last possession. He attracted all the attention because he's Derrick f***ing Rose, and he tried to get Korver who was covered. After that Rip was open, but Rose spun around and tried to create a play and took an extremely difficult contested shot that would've been AMAZING if it went in (and he's done it before) but wasn't even close.

I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect him to know which one of his teammates was open considering he's the best point guard in the entire world