Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
I'd rather kill myself than spend $500 to eat a meal.

This is what she is interested in though...molecular gastronomy...and Alenia is probably one of the best examples of this type of cooking in the world.

What would you pay for a night out which included a Blackhawks playoff game?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
This is what she is interested in though...molecular gastronomy...and Alenia is probably one of the best examples of this type of cooking in the world.

Alinea is generally considered a top 10 restaurant in the world, molecular gastronomy or not.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
Alinea is generally considered a top 10 restaurant in the world, molecular gastronomy or not.

You sure about that? I could have sworn they were ranked around #10 in the US.

EDIT: Per wikipedia, in 2011 it was ranked #6 in the world by Restaurant Magazine.

And I will go there some day. They offer a vegan tasting as well.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 12:05 AM)
You sure about that? I could have sworn they were ranked around #10 in the US.

EDIT: Per wikipedia, in 2011 it was ranked #6 in the world by Restaurant Magazine.

And I will go there some day. They offer a vegan tasting as well.

It was ranked numero uno in the US as well, Sqwert.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
St. Patrick's Day in Savannah, GA. SO PUMPED.

Does something significant happen in Savannah, GA on St Patricks day? I don't get it.

Casmir Pulaski day in Sleepy Hollow IL! Yeehaw! :P

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
Does something significant happen in Savannah, GA on St Patricks day? I don't get it.

Casmir Pulaski day in Sleepy Hollow IL! Yeehaw! :P

Apparently it's one of the best places to go in the US for St Patty's Day. It's warm, on the ocean, the bars have to-go cups, you can drink out on the streets...I don't really know what else there is to say.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I forgot to leave out that my best friend lives down there for grad school/coaching. That's the main reason for the visit, not necessarily to get hammered on green beer haha.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
FTD did not deliver the flowers I ordered for the girlfriend for Valentine's Day to her place of business.

I placed the order on February 6.

I have a feeling there will be a showdown with the customer service department today.

That is pretty bogus. I worked at Jerry's flower shop for 2 years before i left Carbondale and Valentines day was the day that you agreed you werent going home until every order was out, and the orders were all double checked. Most of the pre-orders were on the table waiting for me when i walked in the door.

They need to deliver those flowers, and then some, AND comp it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
That is pretty bogus. I worked at Jerry's flower shop for 2 years before i left Carbondale and Valentines day was the day that you agreed you werent going home until every order was out, and the orders were all double checked. Most of the pre-orders were on the table waiting for me when i walked in the door.

There was a flower shop near here that burned to the ground Monday night.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)

Yeah, I agree...I almost feel bad for them today...I am sure today is the day they have to get screamed at by the _% of people who they inevitably failed.

It was really disappointing because when I got to her place, she was emptying out a vase, and clearly was expecting that I would bring flowers with me...which I should have done anyways...I had sent them to her work because I know women enjoy getting them there...but when I didn't hear anything from her I should have stopped and picked some up somewhere, even if they were lame.

Then when she gave me Scarface on Blu Ray :) with a card it was even more frustrating.

I'm going to try and just be nice about it when I talk to them, but if they refuse to refund the purchase I will probably go nuclear on them.

Say hello to my little friend...:)

Edited by iamshack