Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Haha indeed. All sports...

Obviously with Rose you're sharing that with like a million other people, but that probably never stopped anyone from buying Jordan's jersey. Sale is a nice pick...I like that....I bought my Danks jersey before he ever pitched for us and it's been pretty cool having that throughout his entire mlb career with us...especially the first year when people still didn't really know who he was.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Might get a few fun answers here: I'm going to be re-starting my jersey collection here soon and was debating on the first two that I should buy. Right now I'm thinking Rose and Sale. Any suggestions?

No collection is complete without the Black Jordan w/ Red Pinstripes.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)
Obviously with Rose you're sharing that with like a million other people, but that probably never stopped anyone from buying Jordan's jersey. Sale is a nice pick...I like that....I bought my Danks jersey before he ever pitched for us and it's been pretty cool having that throughout his entire mlb career with us...especially the first year when people still didn't really know who he was.

Ya it's funny what you brought up with Rose cause I'm the type of person that almost always buys unique jerseys(never had a PK or Buehrle and had a Damaso Marte gray) but Derrick is one of those special players that I feel like I need a jersey of.

And ya I've had a man crush on Sale since I saw him throw a baseball for the first time.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)

I concur. Sale all the way

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Might get a few fun answers here: I'm going to be re-starting my jersey collection here soon and was debating on the first two that I should buy. Right now I'm thinking Rose and Sale. Any suggestions?

Just don't get a lillibridge, I still want to be the only one in the stadium w/ one.

QUOTE (SnB @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 07:27 AM)
Just don't get a lillibridge, I still want to be the only one in the stadium w/ one.

I had an Erhen Wasserman t-shirt. Actually still have it. Pretty sure I was the only one of those in the stadium on any given game day.

Always love the NDFA guys who make it against the odds.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
My Brian Anderson signed #44 jersey always gets some comments at the stadium. Still love that one.

He is one guy I really, really wanted to succeed...even if not with us...he was fun to watch in center field.

Now that he switched to pitching....blah

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
So apparently Liberty Mutual will cover our pop-up camper as long as we tow it with our suburban every time we want to go camping. Now that we have a permanent site at a campground and parked our trailer on it, they won't cover it.

I can't figure out how that possibly makes sense...

Apparently however we talked to is a moron. We talked to a couple other insurance companies and they said they would cover it with no problem. So we called Liberty Mutual back to see why they wouldn't.

I guess when we said the word "permanent" they were thinking more of a trailer park type trailer that we were planning on living in rather than a small camper we just spend weekends in during the summer.

So they put it back on our policy and I'm a happy camper. Literally. :D

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Hopefully you have better results than this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010...c-concepts.html

Haha, that was great...I have taken the Great Dane and my friend's Weimaraner from Vegas to the Oregon Coast and back, and he did quite well, so I am hoping the substitution of my mixed breed for the Weimaraner won't change things too drastically.

Needless to say, I am expecting a stressful journey.

As of right now, I am debating between buying a cargo basket such as the Yakima Load Warrior and losing a few mpg's or smashing everything in the car. Tough decision.

Hm.

Just noticed I blasted past 20k. I'm guessing about 30% of those were original and thought provoking posts on random subjects, and another 10% were bad LBJ posts, and another 40% are NBA thread posts.

That leaves 20% for random and White Sox.