Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

I'm a sucker for celebrity gossip sites when I'm bored and I guess Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez, from Disney, are filming some Spring Break movie in Florida.

The past few weeks pics of them in bikinis have been posted. Did Disney make them cover up a lot? I wanna punch that Bieber kid. HOly crap, his girl has a bod.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
No, creep. I would imagine they just weren't fully developed when you were ogling them at age 14 or whatever!

I never even saw them on Disney. Just know they were associated with them. I know you're joking but the thought of someone looking at a 14 year old like that is disgusting.

So I am applying to grad school, for my undergrad I attended two schools. I graduated from B, I am applying at B, why, after awarding me a degree, would B need to see my trannscript from A? The credits are listed on my official transcript from B already :huh

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
You said credits are listed on your transcript from B, but what about the grades? Are those listed?

Yes. Everything. They received an official transcipt when I applied for undergrad admission.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
So I am applying to grad school, for my undergrad I attended two schools. I graduated from B, I am applying at B, why, after awarding me a degree, would B need to see my trannscript from A? The credits are listed on my official transcript from B already :huh

I would guess it is generic paperwork.

Yes. Everything. They received an official transcipt when I applied for undergrad admission.

OK, then I guess the graduate admissions office is too lazy to walk down the hall and get the info from the undergraduate admissions office. I'm not really all that surprised.

I had to provide transcripts when I applied for my last promotion at my job, even though (1) I provided transcripts when I started working there and (2) the education requirements for my promotion were exactly the same as for the position I was already occupying.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
OK, then I guess the graduate admissions office is too lazy to walk down the hall and get the info from the undergraduate admissions office. I'm not really all that surprised.

I had to provide transcripts when I applied for my last promotion at my job, even though (1) I provided transcripts when I started working there and (2) the education requirements for my promotion were exactly the same as for the position I was already occupying.

Unless there are some weird privacy laws at work.

The official response I received was they needed to verify that all my credits were entered correctly. Which basically annoyed me that all this extra effort would have to be done by people at several Universities.

What I am now believing is it is just easier to have the same requirements for all students no matter where they received their undergrad.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
The official response I received was they needed to verify that all my credits were entered correctly. Which basically annoyed me that all this extra effort would have to be done by people at several Universities.

What I am now believing is it is just easier to have the same requirements for all students no matter where they received their undergrad.

That is what I would think. Either that or someone doesn't want to lose their job doing the work if this requirement were to disappear.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
How many people are employed whose job it is to provide transcripts? It is easier to prove citizenship than what grade I received for English 1401 in 1979.

They are all relatively recent, but my wife has to get transcripts from five different schools.

So, as I was leaving Pigeon Forge, Tennessee following a four day trip with the family, we stopped at this ridiculous knife store. Anyway, I passed on a chance to buy a samurai sword for $20. Fail?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
Dan McNeil has been off the air for a while due to health and wellness reasons. Has anyone ever said why he is on leave?

He started a thread at chicagosportsfan.com but didn't give reason. Just sick.

He takes so many days off, it's hard to recognize if a hiatus is legit. I don't listen to sports talk much anymore though.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
Dan McNeil has been off the air for a while due to health and wellness reasons. Has anyone ever said why he is on leave?

The popular rumor seems to involve some kind of rehab.

This is what he posted on the Chicago sports radio board two weeks ago:

I'm sick. And that's all the news that's fit to print.

When the time is right, you'll know everything. I've always had an open book approach and that won't change, but I'm not near ready.

Hope this finds all of you well.