Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
The mini fridge I bought for my freshman year of college stopped working today. It was a great 8 year run we had.

That's really impressive. I'm an RA and I see people not getting their fridges through a single year all the time

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
@redeyechicago

19 people shot in Chicago last night in an 8-hour span:

Chicagooooo Chicagooooo my kinda town.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Make it 10 that were shot in New York.

Once again, Chicago wins.

The guy in New York was a disgruntled employee.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 08:50 AM)
That's really impressive. I'm an RA and I see people not getting their fridges through a single year all the time

Damn. That makes me feel pretty lucky. The mini fridge I used was the same one my sister used in college - and she's 8 years older than me! And it still works. It's now 14 years old.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
Damn. That makes me feel pretty lucky. The mini fridge I used was the same one my sister used in college - and she's 8 years older than me! And it still works. It's now 14 years old.

We have a mini-fridge that we bought when we got our first pop-up camper back in 2002. We didn't use it everyday but it still works.

Now it sits in a shed behind our 32-foot camper and keeps our pop and bottles of water cold.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
We have a mini-fridge that we bought when we got our first pop-up camper back in 2002. We didn't use it everyday but it still works.

Now it sits in a shed behind our 32-foot camper and keeps our pop and bottles of water cold.

They don't make 'em like they used to!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)

When my parents bought their first house in 1985, they bought a mini-fridge before getting a regular sized fridge. That sucker is still working, and is now my brother's beer fridge. 27 fricken years old.

My wife's sister is now pregnant with her 4th child from 3 different guys. Her only husband was a looser, but in general not a bad guy, he was the father of her first child. The father of her 2nd and 3rd children was a registered sex offender and seemingly has spent more time in jail the last 5 years than he has out of jail due to violating parole and a tendency for violence (oh, and he has a child with my wife's sister's best friend). The newest sperm donner is someone she's only been dating for a few months, has no job, and has 2 kids with another woman. Oh, and she lives in a trailer and barely keeps jobs for longer than a year. Yea, she's a classy lady.

On a positive note, my wife's brother is very normal guy with a great wife and two kids. So, my in-laws got 2 of the 3 kids right. I guess 66.67% isnt too bad.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
My wife's sister is now pregnant with her 4th child from 3 different guys. Her only husband was a looser, but in general not a bad guy, he was the father of her first child. The father of her 2nd and 3rd children was a registered sex offender and seemingly has spent more time in jail the last 5 years than he has out of jail due to violating parole and a tendency for violence (oh, and he has a child with my wife's sister's best friend). The newest sperm donner is someone she's only been dating for a few months, has no job, and has 2 kids with another woman. Oh, and she lives in a trailer and barely keeps jobs for longer than a year. Yea, she's a classy lady.

On a positive note, my wife's brother is very normal guy with a great wife and two kids. So, my in-laws got 2 of the 3 kids right. I guess 66.67% isnt too bad.

America, f*** yeah! :usa

It's hard to draw the line between being mad at your kid for getting it trouble because they hit another student at school and being proud of them for standing up for themselves.

I know from my own childhood experiences that telling an adult usually doesn't help the problem and can sometimes make it worse.

There are definitely kids out there that don't know what the words "leave me alone" mean and knocking them to the ground is sometimes the only way to get the message through.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 03:03 AM)
Can someone please explain to me how to embed a YouTube video in a post?

Use the embed codes on youtube, then Turn Html On in the post options down there before you click post. It's above that area. vvvvvvv