Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
It's hard to draw the line between being mad at your kid for getting it trouble because they hit another student at school and being proud of them for standing up for themselves.

I know from my own childhood experiences that telling an adult usually doesn't help the problem and can sometimes make it worse.

There are definitely kids out there that don't know what the words "leave me alone" mean and knocking them to the ground is sometimes the only way to get the message through.

When I was an 8th grader (not SO long ago, mind you :P) I had kids picking on me for basically the sole reason that I wouldn't retaliate. I was the "good kid" so what could I do? They'd do the most tedious, annoying things; poking my shoulder, etc. It really started bothering me, I talked to my parents about it. My dad told me I had to stand up for myself somehow and they had to at least believe that I WOULD retaliate if they wouldn't stop.

One day we were outside doing some all-class activity and someone decided to trip me so I fell down. I got up, picked the kid up by the neck (hooray for being a 6 foot tall 13 year old) and punched him in the face repeatedly until I didn't feel so angry. I served an in-school suspension and nobody f***ed with me anymore. The teachers weren't even mad :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
When I was an 8th grader (not SO long ago, mind you :P) I had kids picking on me for basically the sole reason that I wouldn't retaliate. I was the "good kid" so what could I do? They'd do the most tedious, annoying things; poking my shoulder, etc. It really started bothering me, I talked to my parents about it. My dad told me I had to stand up for myself somehow and they had to at least believe that I WOULD retaliate if they wouldn't stop.

One day we were outside doing some all-class activity and someone decided to trip me so I fell down. I got up, picked the kid up by the neck (hooray for being a 6 foot tall 13 year old) and punched him in the face repeatedly until I didn't feel so angry. I served an in-school suspension and nobody f***ed with me anymore. The teachers weren't even mad :lolhitting

I used to have a stutter in elementary/middle school. It wasn't terrible but it was noticeable. I'd get picked on occasionally but not too bad. Well, in modified basketball practice it happened by a couple older kids who thought they were funny. After finally having enough of it I dribbled towards one of them and clocked him in the face. Coach knew why and didn't say anything. Nothing else came of it and they never did it again. Sometimes it's just what you gotta do

Anyone currently or previously live in Rockford? I'm moving out there for a new job next week. Wondering if someone in their early 20's is going to go crazy out there.

I've gone fishing in and around Rockford hundreds of times, but I'd also like to have a good time out on occasion.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 12:51 AM)
Anyone currently or previously live in Rockford? I'm moving out there for a new job next week. Wondering if someone in their early 20's is going to go crazy out there.

I've gone fishing in and around Rockford hundreds of times, but I'd also like to have a good time out on occasion.

Stir crazy maybe. Not a whole lot to do in Rockford. Unless you like bowling. :huh