Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
They're going to have some drought problems over the next 50 years.

Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, snow, Catholics and Mormons are worse than drought.

Besides, myself, my wife, my son and my dog all have allergies and I know for a fact from living in Utah for 2 1/2 years that an arid climate is preferable to where we are now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, according to press reports, yesterday will go down as the biggest outbreak of tornadoes ever recorded in the month of March.

Which means, in a period of 11 months, any of us in the South/south central US have gone through the biggest single day of tornadoes ever in March, and the biggest single day of tornadoes ever recorded in April...and one of those was the single biggest ever.

Lousy Smarch weather.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
Well, according to press reports, yesterday will go down as the biggest outbreak of tornadoes ever recorded in the month of March.

Which means, in a period of 11 months, any of us in the South/south central US have gone through the biggest single day of tornadoes ever in March, and the biggest single day of tornadoes ever recorded in April...and one of those was the single biggest ever.

Lousy Smarch weather.

Hoping for a good long reprieve.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 07:23 AM)
Besides some snow, Chicago is a pretty ideal location to avoid most things.

I f***ing hate snow, otherwise I'd love to live up there. I've enjoyed it both times I went.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
I have to restrain myself from making snide (but true) remarks on Facebook so often.

This is very true for so many reasons.

On Valentine's Day, some guy posted that "more breakups happen on Valentine's Day than any other day," so then I posted this article on said post. I felt a bit like a god.

Any tips for correcting a sleep schedule? I cant seem to go to sleep before 5am and wake up at like 1 or 2pm. Currently still awake at 745am, this is ridiculous.

Of course I try to wake up earlier I just can't seem able too consistently....I just always revert back.

Two ways have worked for me.

Subtle, going to sleep an hour earlier each night. So if it has been 5:00 am, try at 4:00 am etc.

Drastic, drugs. Knock yourself out with some sleeping pills for a few nights.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
Any tips for correcting a sleep schedule? I cant seem to go to sleep before 5am and wake up at like 1 or 2pm. Currently still awake at 745am, this is ridiculous.

Of course I try to wake up earlier I just can't seem able too consistently....I just always revert back.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
Two ways have worked for me.

Subtle, going to sleep an hour earlier each night. So if it has been 5:00 am, try at 4:00 am etc.

Drastic, drugs. Knock yourself out with some sleeping pills for a few nights.

The subtle way is tough and takes time. The drastic way works temporarily but I find that you "relapse' quickly.

The only way that's really worked for me is to pull an all-nighter and stay awake. Then try to go to sleep at 9 or 10 the next night and wake up early the next day. It's like a manual clock reset.

My sister was going to be getting married next year. He's in the Air Force. He got a chance to take an assignment in Japan starting this fall. So, we just found out they are getting married at Walt Disney World in May when we are all on vacation down there.

Getting married on the boardwalk between Yacht and Beachclub and the Boardwalk.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
My sister was going to be getting married next year. He's in the Air Force. He got a chance to take an assignment in Japan starting this fall. So, we just found out they are getting married at Walt Disney World in May when we are all on vacation down there.

Getting married on the boardwalk between Yacht and Beachclub and the Boardwalk.

That's a really neat spot; we always stay in one of those two places.

OK, so two towns in the northern part of my county, each about 15 miles away from me, are mostly leveled. An entire school complex was demolished. I have several friends in the areas that were hit and all were very lucky to sustain only minor damage. Very weird to see your neck of the woods all over the national news for a couple days.

Our house does not have a basement and we are debating finding somewhere else to go the next time the tornadoes come.

Oh, and if Jim Cantore ever comes to your town, you better get the f**k out!

Today is my brother's 19th birthday and today is the day he leaves the nest and takes a flight to St. Louis. Weird seeing the baby bro leaving the city. Could be gone a possible 2 years. (will visit on holidays) Crazy how time flies.