Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

I know I've said it before, but I'll reiterate it that seizures suck.

Had one (first time in a month) last week. While my mental abilities returned right away, my left leg muscles were so tight I had to use a cane to get around.

I'm very glad that I'm finally getting a test in four days.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a letter in the mail the other day telling me that the elementary school that my youngest daughter goes to has failed to meet the state standards for 2 years in a row. We could transfer her to another school but every single elementary school in the district failed to meet the standards. Schools in the surrounding districts don't have room to take on extra students, so we are pretty much stuck. Registration starts tomorrow.

I remember when I was in school our district was considered to be one of the better ones in the area. I guess that was only compared to Rockford schools.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
I got a letter in the mail the other day telling me that the elementary school that my youngest daughter goes to has failed to meet the state standards for 2 years in a row. We could transfer her to another school but every single elementary school in the district failed to meet the standards. Schools in the surrounding districts don't have room to take on extra students, so we are pretty much stuck. Registration starts tomorrow.

I remember when I was in school our district was considered to be one of the better ones in the area. I guess that was only compared to Rockford schools.

Rockford schools are the worst.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)

Can you afford a private school? I am biased, but I know the Lutheran school system is pretty good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
Smart phones have made taking a dump at work like a little mini work vacation.

This is absolutely true. Numerous times I've made it as far as sitting on the toilet before I realized something was missing. If that happens I just get up, locate and retrieve my phone, and pick up where I left off. I'm not one of those that walk around like my soul is trapped inside the phone.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

My brother-in-law is currently in the Air Force and decided to re-enlist for another 4 years. They gave him a list of places he could be based out of. My sister and him went through and created a list of places they want to go. One option they gave him was an unnamed base in Nevada where he gets on an unmarked bus Monday morning, travels to the unnamed base, and returns Friday afternoon; he would also be sworn to secrecy and never allowed to discuss his job. Yea, I think you and I both know the "real" name of this base. They decided to NOT list that as an option because she doesnt want him gone 5 days a week.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)
My brother-in-law is currently in the Air Force and decided to re-enlist for another 4 years. They gave him a list of places he could be based out of. My sister and him went through and created a list of places they want to go. One option they gave him was an unnamed base in Nevada where he gets on an unmarked bus Monday morning, travels to the unnamed base, and returns Friday afternoon; he would also be sworn to secrecy and never allowed to discuss his job. Yea, I think you and I both know the "real" name of this base. They decided to NOT list that as an option because she doesnt want him gone 5 days a week.

Yes, that base is called Fort GetMeAwayFromMyFamily.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)

That's cool.

can he say if he was able to take one of those unmarked connecting flights out of McCarran airport?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
That's cool.

can he say if he was able to take one of those unmarked connecting flights out of McCarran airport?

He never actually worked there. it was a possible destination that he could pick from a list. They opted not to and are waiting to see where they will be headed from the list he gave the AF. They are hoping for the base in Las Vegas or one of the three in FL.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)

The government knows that you posted this info and you should expect to see two Men In Black at your front door soon. Nice to know you.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)

Vegas?

So I went to the auto parts store and put 5 quarts of oil on the counter and the following conversation ensued.

employee: "Is that all you need?"

me: "No, I need a filter too."

employee: "What kind of filter? Air filter? Cabin filter? Fuel filter?"

me (pointing at the oil on the counter): "oil filter"

He goes to the back to get one and I look at my friend who's standing next to me and just shake my head and say "Really?"

No genius, I'm buying 5 quarts of oil and decided I need a furnace filter while I'm here. :blink:

We have any mechanics on board?? Heres a question I posted on yahoo answers.

Why is my car so loud?

Hey, I've got a 97 Saturn SL that sounds like a muscle car. It has a loud rumble that gets worse when I hit the A/C (at least for the moment I flip it on, can't tell if the constant rumble is louder). The muffler was replaced, and its gotten 2 oil changes since the loud rumbling has began so that should eliminate those responses. I'm thinking maybe the A/C compressor or Cat Convertor? I'm really not sure, what can you tell me?

Anyone here on board got any ideas?