Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
http://www.ravinia.org/ParkNRide.aspx

We parked in downtown Highland Park (sorry I can't remember exactly where, it was a couple years ago). It wasn't too inconvenient and saved a lot of time getting out at the end I presume.

Edit: As long as you aren't hauling 9,000 pounds of crap, the bus ride was pretty easy. We didn't have too much excess stuff.

Cool, that's what I was thinking about doing. I just wanted to confirm it was convenient like Ravinia claims it is. Thanks.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Anybody here ever driven to Ravinia? Got any parking advice? I don't mind paying for the $20 lot, but it seems like it could get full quickly and be a clusterf*** to get out of. Are the shuttles from the free lots fast or convenient?

The shuttles aren't bad at all. We were back to our car within 20 minutes or so. I've heard the main lot is terrible to get out of anyways.

Another shooting spree, this time at Texas A&M. No word yet on injuries or fatalities, but the shooter is in custody.

KBTX confirms one law enforcement official dead and at least six others with injuries.

Update: Local police confirm that one civilian dead in addition to one law enforcement official.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
Another shooting spree, this time at Texas A&M. No word yet on injuries or fatalities, but the shooter is in custody.

KBTX confirms one law enforcement official dead and at least six others with injuries.

Update: Local police confirm that one civilian dead in addition to one law enforcement official.

From what I have read, it doesn't appear to be a random shooting spree like Va Tech or the Batman movie.

3 dead now, a constable, a civilian, and the shooter.

Anybody live in the north neighborhoods of Chicago? Im looking to move in that area, I need relatively easy access to 94 (I work up in Lake Forest), and I'd like to be within a 30min walk of the EL (red or brown line is fine).

I've been thinking of Ravenswood or West Rogers Park.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Anybody live in the north neighborhoods of Chicago? Im looking to move in that area, I need relatively easy access to 94 (I work up in Lake Forest), and I'd like to be within a 30min walk of the EL (red or brown line is fine).

I've been thinking of Ravenswood or West Rogers Park.

I moved to Rogers Park a few months ago and couldn't be happier. Everything I need(redline, metra, beach, restaurants, grocery stores) are all located within a mile radius to us.

You can also find places for dirt cheap around here. I live in a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, huge, beautiful apartment with 3 other guys and we pay a whopping $2100(all together) a month.

I know there's a certain stigma associated with Rogers Park but it really is a great place to live.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 06:43 PM)
I moved to Rogers Park a few months ago and couldn't be happier. Everything I need(redline, metra, beach, restaurants, grocery stores) are all located within a mile radius to us.

You can also find places for dirt cheap around here. I live in a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, huge, beautiful apartment with 3 other guys and we pay a whopping $2100(all together) a month.

I know there's a certain stigma associated with Rogers Park but it really is a great place to live.

Did you find your place on craigslist or a different service/site?

I'm only moving in with 1 other guy at the moment, which is too bad because there are some awesome 3/4 br places for cheap, but the 2 br market isn't as good from what I've seen (in terms of quality and price).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)

I'm only moving in with 1 other guy at the moment, which is too bad because there are some awesome 3/4 br places for cheap, but the 2 br market isn't as good from what I've seen (in terms of quality and price).

There's lots of stuff around Loyola (which could be where Row is in Rogers Park, dunno) that doesn't feel too college-y.

Lincoln Square area is nice too, laid back, right on the brown line and 8-10 min from 94.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
There's lots of stuff around Loyola (which could be where Row is in Rogers Park, dunno) that doesn't feel too college-y.

Lincoln Square area is nice too, laid back, right on the brown line and 8-10 min from 94.

Right around there.

And Russ we used some reality website(can't remember what it was) but not craigslist.

This would make jury duty more interesting:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/15/texas...test=latestnews

A Fort Worth high school teacher is accused of having group sex with four teenagers while another student videotaped the act, MyFoxDFW.com reported.

"One of the boys, as will happen with high school seniors, had his cellphone with him," said the prosecutor, Elizabeth Beach. "And decided that this would be a good thing to get a clip of."

The alleged video was played for members of the jury

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Right around there.

And Russ we used some reality website(can't remember what it was) but not craigslist.

2 great sites for this (they're kind of the same thing);

padmapper

livelovely

They pretty much put craigslist to a map, which is useful.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)

We have always used craigslist to fill our rental condos. Domu.com is another option.

We found a nice place on craigslist and went to see a few places this past week, settled on one this afternoon and put a deposit down for it. $1150/mth for a 2br, rehabbed and in a nice area of Rogers Park, 2 blocks west of the metra station. I'm happy, it's affordable, nice, and the location is safe and quiet with access to the ragers at other people's apartments.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
We found a nice place on craigslist and went to see a few places this past week, settled on one this afternoon and put a deposit down for it. $1150/mth for a 2br, rehabbed and in a nice area of Rogers Park, 2 blocks west of the metra station. I'm happy, it's affordable, nice, and the location is safe and quiet with access to the ragers at other people's apartments.

Congrats, Russ!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)

Congrats man.

You have to be right around me, we'll have to hit up a bar for a Sox game and a few beers at some point.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
All the students were 18, but she is still getting charged with a crime? That's bogus.

The husband says, "If you know Brittni, you know she's an empathetic loving, loyal person. Brittni is a loving mother and continuously puts the needs of our children above her own,". Ahem, loyal?! I'd love to hear his definition of loyal.

The husband says, "If you know Brittni, you know she's an empathetic loving, loyal person. Brittni is a loving mother and continuously puts the needs of our children above her own,". Ahem, loyal?! I'd love to hear his definition of loyal.

I think if you marry a woman who spells her name 'B R I T T N I' then you should not be shocked to see her on a sex tape at some point.