Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
In my experience, the best part of knowing someone from the Dakotas is that they'll tell you about every person of significance from the Dakotas.

iViva la Erstad!

I tell people with pride that I hate that f*** out of that guy

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
Where has Flaxx been? I noticed that he hasn't posted in the beer thread (strange), then realized I haven't seen him around in a while.

Pretty sure he posted a week or so ago.

This might seem weird, but does anyone have any experience with hidden cameras?

I have had a lot of weird stuff happen in my apartment, and I'm looking for something to record what is going on.

I've had stuff on in my apartment that I wouldn't turn on, stuff that looked like it was moved around, my tv was on channels I'd never watch... And when I got home today I went to make popcorn, and my microwave was unplugged... None of this makes sense. I'm looking for something that would record my front door but also have decent images.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It's not "ghosties"... Some more examples are closet lights on that I'd never turn on, my TV on Spanish channels (I thought maybe I hit the remote on accident before leaving, but it's happened multiple times). My landlord is lazy as s***, I had to go to his house to get my keys, I had to mail him my lease because he couldn't meet me, I am slightly worried that he may have given a copy of my keys to the painters or repairmen before I moved in and they never gave them back. I'd like to record my front door but not make it obvious.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)
It's not "ghosties"... Some more examples are closet lights on that I'd never turn on, my TV on Spanish channels (I thought maybe I hit the remote on accident before leaving, but it's happened multiple times). My landlord is lazy as s***, I had to go to his house to get my keys, I had to mail him my lease because he couldn't meet me, I am slightly worried that he may have given a copy of my keys to the painters or repairmen before I moved in and they never gave them back. I'd like to record my front door but not make it obvious.

I'm assuming you don't have a roommate that's just messing with you? Because sounds like someone's living there while you're gone. I'd be trying to hide out to watch them go in, and be calling the cops immediately.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:34 AM)
I'm assuming you don't have a roommate that's just messing with you? Because sounds like someone's living there while you're gone. I'd be trying to hide out to watch them go in, and be calling the cops immediately.

A camera catching people in the act is good evidence, though.

I'd personally just change the doorknob, thus have a new key, and then send the landlord a bill to cover the $10 or so it cost.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
A camera catching people in the act is good evidence, though.

I'd personally just change the doorknob, thus have a new key, and then send the landlord a bill to cover the $10 or so it cost.

No, I agree with that, I'd just want cops to bust them on the spot. Wouldn't need too much evidence after that. Not sure what he'd have to pay to get all that set up anyway.

Changing the lock is fine, but I'd be more concerned someone's able to get in and out of my place and want to know the who and why.

So a filter on one of my directv connections went bad, and the technician came out to fix it and ended up installing a wireless box for free that gives me Directv Ondemand and access to things like Pandora. So thats pretty cool and I didnt expect it

It is near 80 right now. Tonight it is supposed to be a low near freezing.

There is a chance that a hurricane coming from the south, a line of storms coming from the west, and an arctic front coming from the north all converge in the NYC area next week. Should be some fun stuff.