2012 Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Seriously. It was his usual role, but more of a jerk. That guy has the range of Michael Cera.

I disagree. The goofball was nowhere to be found in that movie, and that is what I think of as his typical character. Understated goofball, but silly the same. The one thing I will say was the same across them all, was his speaking pace, which is unmistakable and I doubt he could change it much.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
I disagree. The goofball was nowhere to be found in that movie, and that is what I think of as his typical character.

He plays an eccentric in everything. His character in Social Network was pretty much the same as in Zombieland.

Milk, I almost posted the Michael Cera thing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
He plays an eccentric in everything. His character in Social Network was pretty much the same as in Zombieland.

Milk, I almost posted the Michael Cera thing.

They actually remind me of each other a lot.

Check out this synopsis of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It's spot on for a lot of points:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19671_the-g...=feature_module

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
They actually remind me of each other a lot.

Check out this synopsis of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It's spot on for a lot of points:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19671_the-g...=feature_module

We cut to a JAMES BOND TITLE SEQUENCE ON MUSHROOMS.

That made me lose it.

Loved "The Artist". I've only seen a handful of old silent movies, mostly Chaplin, and just amazing how much storytelling you can do with expressions and no dialogue. Some of the staging and technical aspects were terrific as well.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Finally got around to seeing Fincher's version of Dragon Tattoo. I actually like it better than the Swedish version. Look forward to the other two. Is he doing them all?

I think he has signed on to do them but can opt out, so to speak, if he doesn't want to/approve.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
Seeing the Prometheus trailer on the big screen yesterday got me all giddy.

Hells to the yes.

In other news, I FINALLY watched Moneyball last night and was bored out of my mind. Unsurprisingly, I knew absolutely everything that was happening and was going to happen and blah blah blah he never won s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
Hells to the yes.

In other news, I FINALLY watched Moneyball last night and was bored out of my mind. Unsurprisingly, I knew absolutely everything that was happening and was going to happen and blah blah blah he never won s***.

I read the book when it first was released and while watching the movie, was thinking it was fine, not as great as others make it out to be.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
I read the book when it first was released and while watching the movie, was thinking it was fine, not as great as others make it out to be.

I felt the same way. Also, I couldn't remember Art Howe coming off quite the same way in the book. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is incredibly talented, and I enjoyed his performance the most.

"Moneyball" is an excuse for us guys to get our wives to watch a baseball movie...duh.

Yeah, I watched the new Apes movie. Solid, kinda reminded me of the 4th movie from the originals, which was my favorite.

QUOTE (mumbles3k @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
I watched THE PLAYER yesterday for the first time in years. That's truly one of the best movies ever made.

I also watched KISS KISS BANG BANG again. I liked it a lot more the second time around.

The Player is fantastic. The opening tracking shot is genius.

Got Paranormal Activity 3 off Redbox for tonight. I liked the first two for what they were and have been told 3 is better.

Chronicle getting very positive reviews thus far.

Edited by Brian

I finally saw DRIVE. I went from wanting to see it before it came out to not caring about it when it was out to thinking I really missed something when it was gone. After all that, I think my initial prediction of its quality accurate. It was okay. I can see why people are responding to it, but ultimately, the reasons why it's praised are the things I don't care about. I see why it's commended on technical level, but I'm left unmoved. On the plus side, it doesn't mess up my top ten list like I thought it might.

QUOTE (mumbles3k @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
I finally saw DRIVE. I went from wanting to see it before it came out to not caring about it when it was out to thinking I really missed something when it was gone. After all that, I think my initial prediction of its quality accurate. It was okay. I can see why people are responding to it, but ultimately, the reasons why it's praised are the things I don't care about. I see why it's commended on technical level, but I'm left unmoved. On the plus side, it doesn't mess up my top ten list like I thought it might.

The dialogue (or lack there of) was generally pretty terrible. The soundtrack was superb and the cinematography, etc. was all pretty solid, but I think the people that thought it was this amazing movie were reading wayy too much into it.