2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep within the mysterious Arboria Institute, a disturbed and beautiful girl (Eva Allan) is held captive by a doctor in search of inner peace. Her mind is controlled by a sinister technology. Silently, she waits for her next session with deranged therapist Dr. Barry Nyle (Michael Rogers). If she hopes to escape, she must journey through the darkest reaches of The Institute… but Nyle wonʼt easily part with his most gifted and dangerous creation.

This looks like one of those "WTF???" movies that I tend to enjoy

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
I was in college working at Suncoast Video. We couldn't keep those Phantom Menace posters in stock. Started selling the life size cutouts as well. Darth Maul was the most popular which is odd since he didn't last in the series long.

I saw it, then went to my high school graduation rehearsal.

Watched The Debt last night.

Was fairly entertaining, and Jessica Chastain is hot...but the movie was entirely not what I had hoped it would be. I hate when a movie is advertised as something other than it really is through manipulation of the trailer.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 08:02 AM)

Was fairly entertaining, and Jessica Chastain is hot...but the movie was entirely not what I had hoped it would be. I hate when a movie is advertised as something other than it really is through manipulation of the trailer.

Completely agreed.

Yeah, it could have been done way better. It wasn't bad, but i was disappointed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
Was the surgeon a real person or was he supposed to be a fictional version of Josef Mengele?

Without looking into it at all, I'll guarantee that he's just based on Mengele.

Man, that guy has been used in tons of movies. There's Marathon Man, The Boys From Brazil, and The Debt just off of the top of my head.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)

Man, that guy has been used in tons of movies. There's Marathon Man, The Boys From Brazil, and The Debt just off of the top of my head.

The other thing is Ciaran Hinds and Sam Worthington look nothing alike. Did the Director owe Hinds a favor or something?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)

It is fictional, and the character is based on Mengele, though the plot mirrors more of the kidnapping of Eichmann than anything else.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
I like Ciaran Hinds, so it makes no difference to me.

Oh I know...I just didn't make the connection that he was Worthington's character at first because I didn't think they could possibly intend that due to their completely different appearance.

Yeah, I thought the trailer looked like a cool movie, but it was only OK.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
That's the reason I had no desire to see it, despite its great cast.

Contagion couldn't end soon enough for me. Boring and they casted big names just for the sake of doing so it seemed.