2012 Films Thread

knightni

So, because of discussion and my love of the series, I picked up the Star Wars bluray set. Wow, does it look and sound incredible. My belief that Episode 1 is absolutely underrated was only confirmed moreover. That movie rocks.

However.

Man, Episode 2 is even worse than I remembered. How they managed to have the CGI look less realistic than in Episode 1, I have no idea. That movie is terrible. There are a few scenes that are worthwhile, but it's mostly horrible romance and horrible CGI wrapped with some familiar character names.

Awful.

I am excited to get into Episode 3, because that's obviously one big Star Wars masturbatory emission. Maybe tonight after Knicks/Heat.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
Anyone looking forward to WANDERLUST or THIS IS NOT A FILM?

Also, has anyone seen THE KID WITH A BIKE?

Wanderlust is getting decent reviews. I like Rudd and loved Role Models. Always have had a crush on Aniston so I may check it out sometime.

I was really looking forward to Act of Valor but the reviews are not promising.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)
Wanderlust is getting decent reviews. I like Rudd and loved Role Models. Always have had a crush on Aniston so I may check it out sometime.

I was really looking forward to Act of Valor but the reviews are not promising.

FWIW, word is she gets naked.

Saw best foreign picture nominee Bullhead. I loved it, but no one else in my group liked it and some people walked out of the theater. It's first a character study and second a crime drama. The main character has similarities to Ryan Gosling's character in Drive. A quiet, awkward, angry guy who gets involved with mafia-types. Except in Bullhead, you flashback to find exactly what made him the way he is. It's very disturbing. If subtitles and noir don't turn you off, check it out.

"The Thing" prequel was underwhelming. It was kind of cool to see some of the "tie-ins" to the original, but John Carpenter did all of the same things much better in the original.

I hope "Prometheus" doesn't similarly disappoint.

So, because of discussion and my love of the series, I picked up the Star Wars bluray set. Wow, does it look and sound incredible. My belief that Episode 1 is absolutely underrated was only confirmed moreover. That movie rocks.

However.

Man, Episode 2 is even worse than I remembered. How they managed to have the CGI look less realistic than in Episode 1, I have no idea. That movie is terrible. There are a few scenes that are worthwhile, but it's mostly horrible romance and horrible CGI wrapped with some familiar character names.

Awful.

I am excited to get into Episode 3, because that's obviously one big Star Wars masturbatory emission. Maybe tonight after Knicks/Heat.

Watch this and tell me episode one was good.

Or watch this 2 part one hour review

Edited by onedude

http://www.inquisitr.com/197664/ezra-mille...out-oscar-snub/

We Need To Talk About Kevin is one of the best movies of the year. Tilda Swinton, love her or hate her, was exceptional. That said, it's profoundly depressing and stays with you, in a way that a documentary like BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE never has...and yeah, one is a true story, one is fiction, and yet the story-telling style of WNTTAK much more than Bowling tries to get at the elephant in the room, "how could anyone ever commit such an act?" What was the relationship with the parents that caused the kid/s to go off the rails?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
Elaborate for us lazy folks.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx are the 3 main characters from what I understand. Samuel L Jackson, Sacha Baron Cohen, Kurt Russell, Joseph Gordon Leavitt, James Remar, Don Johnson, Kerry Washington all also have roles.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx are the 3 main characters from what I understand. Samuel L Jackson, Sacha Baron Cohen, Kurt Russell, Joseph Gordon Leavitt, James Remar, Don Johnson, Kerry Washington all also have roles.

I thought Will Smith was attached. Maybe that is old news or a different movie. Maybe Jamie Foxx took his spot. That sucks.

Call me a snob but I couldnt even really enjoy REAL STEEL for the mindless flick it was.

Edited by Brian