2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
Prometheus looks really awesome.

Dark Shadows looks really not awesome.

Im going to give Dark Shadows a shot and see if Burton can finally get himself back on track.

Prometheus is going to be insane, there is no doubt in my mind

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
Apparently the Michael Bay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is going to retell them as aliens instead of mutants. I wish pain upon Michael Bay.

So, they're aliens who happen to look like turtles? And Splinter is a different kind of alien who happens to look like a rat?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
I know there's a board policy against it, but I feel we should all be allowed to wish for the death of Michael Bay.

keep it simple and wish for deaf and blindness

On the retelling from TMNT to TAiNT

“Fans need to take a breath, and chill,” wrote Bay. “They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.”

Michael Bay is such a tool.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 09:34 AM)
Going to see Hunger Games Saturday morning with a bunch of kids. Maybe I'll slide into 21 Jump Street if it is running at the same time.

I think the kids may ruin Hunger Games for me.

My wife really wants to see it this weekend, but I'm worried about all the tweens too. The Muvico in Rosemont has a 21 & over balcony, which I think could make it a bit more tolerable. $20 is a lot for a movie, but that includes free popcorn, a comfier seating area, and free valet service, as well as the ability to buy drinks during the whole flick.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
On the retelling from TMNT to TAiNT

Michael Bay is such a tool.

I really don't get the uproar. Its Michael Bay. Are you expecting anything other than a horrible joke of a movie? Regardless of how they "retell the story"? It is going to be hot garbage anyway.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
I really don't get the uproar. Its Michael Bay. Are you expecting anything other than a horrible joke of a movie? Regardless of how they "retell the story"? It is going to be hot garbage anyway.

Hopefully they at least leave out Vanilla Ice this time.