2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
:o

This could be absolutely amazing with the write creative team in place with the amount of stories that can be brought to the big screen from the Star Wars universe. Obviously there is the possibility of oversaturation but Disney's acquisition of Marvel has gone well so far.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
Ha this is in the catch all thread, my comment was:

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

I'm not bothered by this at all. Even if future movies are crap they won't ruin my enjoyment of the original trilogy and I actually really liked Episode III. Episode I has issues with Jar-Jar and the kid but that movie is fun otherwise. The only one in the series I don't really care for is Episode II. But the Star Wars expanded universe is awesome and if those can be brought to screen with good directors and creative teams I want to see them. And hell, Episodes VII-IX without Lucas could be awesome, give him some story input but leave the writing and directing to others.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
This could be absolutely amazing with the write creative team in place with the amount of stories that can be brought to the big screen from the Star Wars universe. Obviously there is the possibility of oversaturation but Disney's acquisition of Marvel has gone well so far.

Agreed, there is some really good stuff post Return of the Jedi in book form. R A Salvatore wrote a couple of really good ones, Luke gets really dark.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rust and Bone, from the same guy that directed the fabulous A Prophet.

Looks good and seems to be fairly well received, although I'm enthused largely due to the director's previous offering. Trailer looks promising, though.

P.S. If you haven't seen A Prophet and don't mind subtitles, I highly recommend having a look at that film.

Im pretty sure the future story arcs are mostly written. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_novels

I just would prefer instead of doing episode 7, they did something from Old Republic that was entirely unrelated to Luke. I just dont care to watch Han's kid ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_family ) and would just prefer an entirely new Star Wars universe story arc.

/shrugs

1-3 are fine because they are the origin story of Darth Vader. 7-9 will just be nonsense. Emperor is dead, Vader is dead. Why not do a story about Darth Plagueis, or a story about the origins of the Sith.

Those would be way better and wouldnt trample on an already told story.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Im pretty sure the future story arcs are mostly written. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_novels

I just would prefer instead of doing episode 7, they did something from Old Republic that was entirely unrelated to Luke. I just dont care to watch Han's kid ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_family ) and would just prefer an entirely new Star Wars universe story arc.

/shrugs

1-3 are fine because they are the origin story of Darth Vader. 7-9 will just be nonsense. Emperor is dead, Vader is dead. Why not do a story about Darth Plagueis, or a story about the origins of the Sith.

Those would be way better and wouldnt trample on an already told story.

It can be ANY story arc, and Lucas isn't involved, and that is the best part.

Im not a super star wars fanboy like some (ive never read the books), but its just going down a bad path to do 7,8 and 9. The entire Star Wars universe in 1-6 was built around the Emperor and Darth Vader. They are gone. Now sure, you can write a story, where out of no where another powerful force comes to fight the Jedi, but then again, you need to at minimum have the story arc of the Jedi temple being rebuilt etc, as currently there is only 1 trained Jedi (Luke).

So what is the story for 7. It should be Luke rebuilding the Jedi and the Universe recovering from Sith control. Now you could put episode 7 hundreds of years in the future, but why call it episode 7 then?

If you are saying its 7, that means its a continuation of the current story arc. And given that the 2 main antagonists are dead, its just silly.

Otherwise you get the fun story arc that there was secretly a more powerful sith than the Emperor and Vader, who really was the the one that Luke needed to defeat, but he was just chilling during the first 6 episodes.

As I said, itd make a lot more sense to do a non-related story line and not have it reference episode 1-6.

I would love to see Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, but like someone mentioned, I really would like a different storyline. I mean, they COULD get Mark Hammel back in there, as an old Jedi, with the assumption that he has trained Han Solo's kid, and they could obviously include Harrison Ford in it as well, but it would be quite a time jump.

Either way, I'm excited to see where they go.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Lucas isn't completely left out though, he is serving as creative consultant, but yeah, he won't be making any decisions.

If he wants to say "this creature should look and act like this" I'm cool with that. If he wants to write some dialogue, get the hell out of the mouse house and have fun with your 4 billion

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
Im not a super star wars fanboy like some (ive never read the books), but its just going down a bad path to do 7,8 and 9. The entire Star Wars universe in 1-6 was built around the Emperor and Darth Vader. They are gone. Now sure, you can write a story, where out of no where another powerful force comes to fight the Jedi, but then again, you need to at minimum have the story arc of the Jedi temple being rebuilt etc, as currently there is only 1 trained Jedi (Luke).

So what is the story for 7. It should be Luke rebuilding the Jedi and the Universe recovering from Sith control. Now you could put episode 7 hundreds of years in the future, but why call it episode 7 then?

If you are saying its 7, that means its a continuation of the current story arc. And given that the 2 main antagonists are dead, its just silly.

Otherwise you get the fun story arc that there was secretly a more powerful sith than the Emperor and Vader, who really was the the one that Luke needed to defeat, but he was just chilling during the first 6 episodes.

As I said, itd make a lot more sense to do a non-related story line and not have it reference episode 1-6.

it is looking like a fresh story arc, so you can stop your super star wars fanboy worry wartin' now ;)