2012 Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)

Yeah I wondered that as well but I figured he was content finally having cornered M that he didn't care anymore. And I thought Bardem did a great job as the villain. Some reviewers thought he was trying too hard to be the Joker. I thought it all fit and was totally believable. He might have been the best part of the movie.

My only minor complaint was the lack of a Bond girl. Obviously that didn't fit with the end of M's character, but it did seem odd to introduce her and then kill her almost right away. I kept wondering if she was really dead (you didn't see the kill shot, and the helicopter above the island had a red cross on it), but obviously not.

Not sure I follow. How do you mean it doesn't fit with the

end of M's character?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
Not sure I follow. How do you mean it doesn't fit with the

end of M's character?

Normally the Bond girl sticks around and by the end he's banging the crap out of her in celebration of completing the mission. But here given the emotional end to M's character, it would not have fit. I think that's why they got rid of her pretty quickly.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)

Normally the Bond girl sticks around and by the end he's banging the crap out of her in celebration of completing the mission. But here given the emotional end to M's character, it would not have fit. I think that's why they got rid of her pretty quickly.

Gotcha, makes sense.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
So because I thought the trailer to the new Red Dawn looked interesting I watched the origianl for the first time. The gun fights were understandibly terrible, due to the time of release, but it was pretty entertaining.

Production quality was lacking, and some of the acting was bad... but overall, I thought Red Dawn was a good flick. The old one I mean. You would have to pay me, and a fair amount of money, to see the new one.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
Production quality was lacking, and some of the acting was bad... but overall, I thought Red Dawn was a good flick. The old one I mean. You would have to pay me, and a fair amount of money, to see the new one.

Yeah, that was a remake I kind of shook my head at. The original one was one of those so bad, it made it funny type movies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 08:13 AM)
Yeah, that was a remake I kind of shook my head at. The original one was one of those so bad, it made it funny type movies.

I just don't see how you can have a setup that makes any sense for it in this time period.

As for the old one... its strange to watch again. It has some so-bad-its-good moments, but it also has some truly well done aspects. It really did bring some unique things to the table, at that time.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
I saw Savages in the theater back when it came out. Just watched it again last night. So violent and awesome. Never got great reviews and it won't be for everyone but I loved it.

MV5BMTU5NjMyMjk0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzM4 I don't remember much violence in it.