2012 Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
So then why did you post it if you don't even like it yourself?

I think it looks funny, I love rob cordry, ty Burrell, and have a mad crush on Olivia Wilde. I think it looks like something in the vein of Drop Dead Gorgeous.

In other words, I would pay more than 5 dollars to see it

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
I think it looks funny, I love rob cordry, ty Burrell, and have a mad crush on Olivia Wilde. I think it looks like something in the vein of Drop Dead Gorgeous.

In other words, I would pay more than 5 dollars to see it

Well I guess that about sums it up then. Interesting.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
Saw The Bourne Legacy last night...definitely love Jeremy Renner, but not a huge fan of the movie...hopefully that was from them setting the scene for the next couple movies...

I saw it tonight, I liked it. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was entertaining, kept me on my toes.

Walking in, I had no idea that Jeremy Renner wasn't gonna be Bourne, I assumed it was a continuation of the same character, that surprised me, but they transitioned well.

Edited by LittleHurt05

Meanwhile, Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master, which is totally, definitely NOT about Scientology (and wouldya stop asking?!), grossed a stunning $729,745 from just 5 theaters, which gave the film a per theater average of $145,949 — the best opening weekend average for a live-action film of all time.

The Master‘s phenomenal per theater average outshadows Moonrise Kingdom, which broke the same record earlier this year. (*Note: Kevin Smith’s Red State technically holds this record, as it grossed $204,230 from 1 theater in its 2011 debut, yet that film’s bow was more of a special event — tickets cost $40 and Kevin Smith was present, so it’s not a totally fair comparison.) The Weinstein Co., who declined to provide budget information for the film, says The Master will expand into at least 135 markets next weekend — about 600-800 theaters.

www.ew.com

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 10:53 PM)
Meanwhile, Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master, which is totally, definitely NOT about Scientology (and wouldya stop asking?!), grossed a stunning $729,745 from just 5 theaters, which gave the film a per theater average of $145,949 — the best opening weekend average for a live-action film of all time.

The Master‘s phenomenal per theater average outshadows Moonrise Kingdom, which broke the same record earlier this year. (*Note: Kevin Smith’s Red State technically holds this record, as it grossed $204,230 from 1 theater in its 2011 debut, yet that film’s bow was more of a special event — tickets cost $40 and Kevin Smith was present, so it’s not a totally fair comparison.) The Weinstein Co., who declined to provide budget information for the film, says The Master will expand into at least 135 markets next weekend — about 600-800 theaters.

www.ew.com

As it comes out, those more on top of it than me, could you broadcast when the music box will do a 70 mm showing again?

I saw Trouble with the Curve last night. (Whoever watched the Sox game, probably watched the same thing). It was entertaining, could have used a little more baseball IMO. Clint Eastwood doesn't act anymore, he just takes roles as a miserable, grunting old man and acts normally.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
I saw Trouble with the Curve last night. (Whoever watched the Sox game, probably watched the same thing). It was entertaining, could have used a little more baseball IMO. Clint Eastwood doesn't act anymore, he just takes roles as a miserable, grunting old man and acts normally.

I also saw the movie over the weekend. I liked it though i was expecting a bit more funny moments and not as much drama from the father daughter backstory. Timberlake was ok and between this movie and three of the previews i saw I'm beginning to think that John Goodman is in everything.

I always get a chuckle at how much old, growl-ly Clint Eastwood reminds me of my old man.......