2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
It actually makes a lot of sense, but it also has some serious flaws that pretty much end the idea. I actually wish they would have written that in to the script, because that'd be a great twist.

No it makes 0 sense. You also say there are serious flaws that end the idea so not sure how you can even claim it makes sense. I actually thought that character was dumb and wasn't really needed in the movie.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
No it makes 0 sense. You also say there are serious flaws that end the idea so not sure how you can even claim it makes sense. I actually thought that character was dumb and wasn't really needed in the movie.

I didn't say it was my theory, I didn't say I believed it either, I just said I was reading about those theories. Calm down people.

And actually yes, there are a lot of ways in which it makes sense that

Cid could be Joe

, but in the end, it's just not possible.

And which character was dumb and not needed in the movie? Both of those characters are vital to the story, are we even discussing the same movie here?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
I didn't say it was my theory, I didn't say I believed it either, I just said I was reading about those theories. Calm down people.

Cid could be Joe

And which character was dumb and not needed in the movie? Both of those characters are vital to the story, are we even discussing the same movie here?

Why say calm down people like everyone is going nuts over it, if anything that is the type of thing that further irritates people. Again, you can't say it's not possible and say in a lot of ways it makes sense....... I can understand thinking that during the beginning of the movie but to think it after you are just flat out wrong and it doesn't add up.

The character that was not needed was Kid Blue, it was like a forced rivalry between him and JGL that just wasn't really there.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:35 PM)
Why say calm down people like everyone is going nuts over it, if anything that is the type of thing that further irritates people. Again, you can't say it's not possible and say in a lot of ways it makes sense....... I can understand thinking that during the beginning of the movie but to think it after you are just flat out wrong and it doesn't add up.

The character that was not needed was Kid Blue, it was like a forced rivalry between him and JGL that just wasn't really there.

"That theory makes no sense."

"That makes 0 sense."

"You are flat out wrong."

Those are rather strong statements, not allowing for any possibility that there is room for discussion.

And I don't know where I ever mentioned Kid Blue anywhere in this thread. Yeah, I don't see the need for Kid Blue either, but I'm not sure why you'd direct that to me. Do you not know who Cid is? It's that child of Sarah's who has mad TK powers, you may remember him.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Just saw Looper. Movie is such a mind trip! Reminds me of Inception in the fact that I can't stop thinking about it hours after I saw it, and now with all these theories about

Cid actually being Joe

, I can't stop reading online discussions about what truly went on.

that actually doesn't make any sense. did you see the same movie the rest of us did. there's not even a reason to use spoiler tags, because it's so unrealistic and never even hinted at during the film.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:11 AM)
that actually doesn't make any sense. did you see the same movie the rest of us did. there's not even a reason to use spoiler tags, because it's so unrealistic and never even hinted at during the film.

Somehow I am not surprised you would vehemently disagree with something I've said. :yawn:

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Somehow I am not surprised you would vehemently disagree with something I've said. :yawn:

You posted nonsense. I'd imagine most folks who saw Looper would scratch their heads at that goofball theory. What next? 9/11 was an inside job?

LOL. Before Stevie boy or anyone has a heart attack that I mentioned reading about theories I found, that I already said I didn't believe, you can read them here for yourself.

http://screenrant.com/looper-spoilers-endi...age-1/#comments

Hopefully no one else becomes personally offended by these. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling Steven, please, apologize to Rian Johnson for me for acknowledging similarities other people brought up between Cid and Joe.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)

Cid could be Joe

Well I misplaced actors names, but now it makes even less sense.....

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:17 AM)
Well I misplaced actors names, but now it makes even less sense.....

Not actors name,

Cid is the name of the little boy who becomes the Rainmaker

. Just read the comment section of the link I posted above. It lists some interesting points that make sense to go along with that theory, but then other people mention some points that show how it's not actually possible. But I spent a good portion of time looking through comments about not only that theory, but ones about who other characters might be. Either way, I hope a sequel is made to tie up a lot of questions.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
Not actors name,

Cid is the name of the little boy who becomes the Rainmaker

. Just read the comment section of the link I posted above. It lists some interesting points that make sense to go along with that theory, but then other people mention some points that show how it's not actually possible. But I spent a good portion of time looking through comments about not only that theory, but ones about who other characters might be. Either way, I hope a sequel is made to tie up a lot of questions.

I think it is a better standalone film. The only characters that I thought you could have been referring too were Kid Blue and Abe but as movie went it became apparent that wasnt the case.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:33 AM)
I think it is a better standalone film. The only characters that I thought you could have been referring too were Kid Blue and Abe but as movie went it became apparent that wasnt the case.

That link has comments about Kid Blue possibly being Abe, but I don't remember enough about the characters to make the connection. People who discredited that idea pointed to the fact that Abe smashed Kid Blue's hand with the hammer, but his own hand didn't immediately become broken, but that doesn't make sense because his hand had 30 years to heal. Either way, I am definitely watching this movie again at some point to try and find the connections that others found between Cid and Joe, and Kid Blue and Abe.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
Didn't enjoy it? I'm finally getting out to the movies tomorrow and I was thinking of seeing it after seeing all the positive reviews.

You'll have to see the movie to get it.

I saw Seven Psychopaths yesterday. Came away kind of underwhelmed.

The performances were strong, the story really wasn't. Started off pretty good, petered out midway through.

Woody Harrellson really has become one of my favorite character actors these days. He plays that comic bad guy to perfection.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)
I saw Seven Psychopaths yesterday. Came away kind of underwhelmed.

The performances were strong, the story really wasn't. Started off pretty good, petered out midway through.

Woody Harrellson really has become one of my favorite character actors these days. He plays that comic bad guy to perfection.

That part was originally Mickey Rourke, he backed out