2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 01:05 AM)
Just watched The Amazing Spiderman. What a let down. Soooo many plotholes and things missing. Movie clearly had a lot of cuts made, or was just poorly written. Blaah.

I'm with you.

Went to see Looper. Thought it was OK to decent. Have you guys discussed that one? Thought it would have been great if it was tightened up and if the scenes with the Rainmaker didn't get all out of control. The Rainmaker turned it into kind of a Twilight Zone episode for me. I'd still give it a B to B-minus I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)

Great review. You are a good writer IMO. Just curious as what you thought of my one complain about the Rainmaker scenes being a little too out there when he starts huffing and puffing. Made me think the movie was turning into "Bad Child II" or whatever that comedy was called about the little brat. I enjoyed the flick though.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 04:35 AM)
Why say calm down people like everyone is going nuts over it, if anything that is the type of thing that further irritates people. Again, you can't say it's not possible and say in a lot of ways it makes sense....... I can understand thinking that during the beginning of the movie but to think it after you are just flat out wrong and it doesn't add up.

The character that was not needed was Kid Blue, it was like a forced rivalry between him and JGL that just wasn't really there.

Interesting point about Kid Blue. That would be the other tiny flaw in the movie IMO. Maybe a little more of the guy in Dumb and Dumber and less Kid Blue, although admittedly they were in scenes together a lot and the hammer scene was quite powerful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 05:11 AM)
that actually doesn't make any sense. did you see the same movie the rest of us did. there's not even a reason to use spoiler tags, because it's so unrealistic and never even hinted at during the film.

Actually if you read that one website there was a cool long discussion of the kid being the Joes. Like you said though it's so unrealistic for various reasons. I never thought of that scenario watching the movie but was intrigued by the Website discussion of it and could see why some people considered it a possibility.

Edited by greg775

Watched BRICK last night on Netflix streaming. Have been wanting to watchi t for awhile but was sort of boring, until the end. More disappointed than anything.

And hate to sound like an old man, but couldn't really understand some of the dialogue. Lots of mumbling.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 21, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Watched BRICK last night on Netflix streaming. Have been wanting to watchi t for awhile but was sort of boring, until the end. More disappointed than anything.

And hate to sound like an old man, but couldn't really understand some of the dialogue. Lots of mumbling.

I'm thinking of subscribing to netflix. is it worth it? I couldn't find a search engine to see all the movies on there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
I'm thinking of subscribing to netflix. is it worth it? I couldn't find a search engine to see all the movies on there.

I just pay for stream only thru my blu ray. It's good if you like tv shows. They don't put too many newer movies up there. For those you have to pay for the mailing service.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 21, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
I just pay for stream only thru my blu ray. It's good if you like tv shows. They don't put too many newer movies up there. For those you have to pay for the mailing service.

What's the best service to see new to relatively new movies online?

Amazon Instant Video > Netflix - so many good shows on there for free with Amazon Prime ($79/year, free 2 day shipping on almost everything + Prime Instant Video is the best deal ever).

It has newer, better shows than Netflix, is cheaper than Netflix ($7.99 x12 = $95.88), and gives you the sexy free 2-day shipping. I loves. It looks super sexy on my blu-ray player and ps3, too.

Really, you guys like Prime videos better? I have both services, and I haven't touched the Prime videos since the app came out for the Ps3 sometime over the summer. It didn't seem like it had anything that Netflix didn't, and the way it was organized (or UNorganized, I should say) was stupid. Have they finally figured out to group all the seasons of 1 show in to 1 section? I was always having to move past like 18 seasons of SNL because they had them each listed individually, and out of order.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
Really, you guys like Prime videos better? I have both services, and I haven't touched the Prime videos since the app came out for the Ps3 sometime over the summer. It didn't seem like it had anything that Netflix didn't, and the way it was organized (or UNorganized, I should say) was stupid. Have they finally figured out to group all the seasons of 1 show in to 1 section? I was always having to move past like 18 seasons of SNL because they had them each listed individually, and out of order.

+1.

Netflix sucks, but the selection is still better. I was hoping Amazon would bring some competition to the market and create a better experience for everyone, but nope! Still, I love the 2 day free shipping since I shop on Amazon all the time.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
+1.

Netflix sucks, but the selection is still better. I was hoping Amazon would bring some competition to the market and create a better experience for everyone, but nope! Still, I love the 2 day free shipping since I shop on Amazon all the time.

yeah the streaming video has added nothing to the prime experience. They also make it more difficult than it should to discern between their free videos and paid rentals.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
yeah the streaming video has added nothing to the prime experience. They also make it more difficult than it should to discern between their free videos and paid rentals.

I could not disagree more - the entire Fringe library being on there is awesome, they have a ton of selection. Also, how difficult is it to select the "Amazon Prime" section to see which movies/shows qualify as free under Amazon Prime? There's tons.

I'd say your review mostly tells us user error.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
I could not disagree more - the entire Fringe library being on there is awesome, they have a ton of selection. Also, how difficult is it to select the "Amazon Prime" section to see which movies/shows qualify as free under Amazon Prime? There's tons.

I'd say your review mostly tells us user error.

They advertise more for their paid videos (shocker!1!), but yea, just click on Prime Instant Videos and voila!, all the free ones are there!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
They advertise more for their paid videos (shocker!1!), but yea, just click on Prime Instant Videos and voila!, all the free ones are there!

...and the library is huge and way newer than the crap on Netflix. They even have *gasp* Showtime programming.