2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
If you guys just started becoming pirates and used torrents none of this would even be a discussion. Morals doing people in once more.

I do watch a lot of movies online illegally, but I also watch Netflix every night when I go to sleep because there are far too many episodes of Dirty Jobs to download, plus, I can control it all from my ps3 control, I don't have to hook up my laptop to the TV and get out of bed to go to the next show.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
If you guys just started becoming pirates and used torrents none of this would even be a discussion. Morals doing people in once more.

Oh goodness, I am pirate pro. However, it's certainly easier and more enjoyable to queue up Fringe in beautiful HD than throw it on a USB and put it in the back of my bluray player. Plus, I'm paying for Prime regardless, because the free shipping is teh sexx.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
I do watch a lot of movies online illegally, but I also watch Netflix every night when I go to sleep because there are far too many episodes of Dirty Jobs to download, plus, I can control it all from my ps3 control, I don't have to hook up my laptop to the TV and get out of bed to go to the next show.

You could do a USB, but yeah, then you're still transferring files and taking forever - the ease of use of a Prime or Netflix can't be matched by piracy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
I could not disagree more - the entire Fringe library being on there is awesome, they have a ton of selection. Also, how difficult is it to select the "Amazon Prime" section to see which movies/shows qualify as free under Amazon Prime? There's tons.

I'd say your review mostly tells us user error.

Eh, I am using it through my vizio app, so it's possible that it's terrible interface there. BUt, still not impressed by selection. OH MY GOD, ROMANCING THE STONE IS AVAILABLE!??!

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
Eh, I am using it through my vizio app, so it's possible that it's terrible interface there. BUt, still not impressed by selection. OH MY GOD, ROMANCING THE STONE IS AVAILABLE!??!

We were comparing it to the garbage that is Netflix.

Here's the Prime (ie, included for free with Prime, which gives you free 2-day shipping on most products, and is CHEAPER than a year of Netflix stream-only) library.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=aiv_piv_page?i...node=2676882011

There are definitely decent, newer movies on there. Then, you get to the tv shows!

Newflix isnt garbage IMO, it is what it is, a library of popular shows and movies, and its pretty extensive. Its also presented on Apple TV in a high quality way. I am a prime member and get zero of those features with my Apple TV so I dont use it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 05:46 PM)
Who has been saying that?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
That looks like it should be popular with males aged 13-19. What a crap looking movie filled with has-been b-rate stars?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)

Red Band. NSFW(language and overall WTF)

I just don't see the point of this. Even if it's decent, I would rather just watch the original.

Why not just make a sequal with Bruce Campbell.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
I just don't see the point of this. Even if it's decent, I would rather just watch the original.

Why not just make a sequal with Bruce Campbell.

Raimi co-wrote the script and Campbell produced, they both wanted to be less involved but didn't want to be the same roles

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
...and the library is huge and way newer than the crap on Netflix. They even have *gasp* Showtime programming.

For some reason they only have 3-4 shows. I don't get Showtime's business practice with their content. They also don't have an app to be able to watch all of their stuff on OnDemand like HBO. It'd be nice to watch Shameless from the beginning, but no one has the digital/streaming anywhere.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
For some reason they only have 3-4 shows. I don't get Showtime's business practice with their content. They also don't have an app to be able to watch all of their stuff on OnDemand like HBO. It'd be nice to watch Shameless from the beginning, but no one has the digital/streaming anywhere.

www.1channel.ch

Using that site cuz I'm at work, but 1channel is your friend. If you can deal with a couple pop ups (just click out of them when they pop up, you get used to when they do so you're ready for them) then it's perfect.

Just use any putlocker or sockshare link for each episode, those are the best ones.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)

I have a Showtime app on my iPad to watch stuff. Called SHO Anytime