2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
I think I'm done with Alcatraz. The premise of the show was great, but honestly, I hate the format of a new bad guy ever week. I was expecting a much "smarter" show than this.

Just watched Monday's episode & I concur. I might give it a few more shows to see if something changes, but right now it's like a Law & Order:Alcatraz show, but not as good as an SVU episode.

I think they are trying to stretch it out to last a few seasons.

I watched Monday's show last night (episode 3) and thought it was more of the same. They're going to add little hints to the overall mystery in each episode, but for the most part it's a procedural. There's not much else on at the moment so I think i'm going to stick with it. It's certainly not must-see television.

I'd really like Abrams to do a cable show. Something where he doesn't have to be concerned with the drop in/drop out audience. Make something that builds for 13 episodes ala Breaking Bad, Boardwalk, Mad Men, etc

I think the reason hes doing it with Alcatraz is to set it up more like X-Files and less like Fringe. I dont personally mind either way, I just really think he made an effort to make Alcatraz have each show more standalone, so that you dont need a whole fan base who watches every episode.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
I love fringe too, but seemingly it struggles with ratings.

Its definitely cause it is sci-fi in nature, which will limit the ratings, but also because of the fact that you really have to have followed the story for a long time to understand and get a lot of what occurs on an episode by episode basis. But for those that have followed it from the beginning, the've been treated to a very very entertaining and intelligent show, imo.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 08:31 AM)
Show is solid with plenty of room to grow.

They definitely tried way too hard last episode, Raj with the phone and Sheldon with the whole flag thing both were very lame. Plus the whole Penny/Leonard thing already happened and is boring too. I really hope it was just one lazy boring episode and they fix it up next week.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
They definitely tried way too hard last episode, Raj with the phone and Sheldon with the whole flag thing both were very lame. Plus the whole Penny/Leonard thing already happened and is boring too. I really hope it was just one lazy boring episode and they fix it up next week.

My wife thinks Sheldon and Penny will be together by the time the show is over.