2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
So tonight is definitely filled with guilty pleasures. Happy Endings and Revenge.

I love Happy Endings, I thought it was going to be kind of a girly show but it's downright hilarious. Max and Dave crack me up.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
What has the world come to when I have to avoid Twitter because of Challenge spoilers?!?

Fell asleep in the middle of it. Will check out the end when I get off work.

Modern Family was lame again, until the very end with Luke.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 02:20 AM)
I love Happy Endings, I thought it was going to be kind of a girly show but it's downright hilarious. Max and Dave crack me up.

I love that show as well as Revenge and i think The Middle is very underrated.

TJ killed it on the challenge again. He was cracking me up, everytime someone would appear out of the water, he would yell the correct answer in a loud, condescending voice, "The correct answer was BASEBALL!"

Leroy & Naomi had no chance in the Dome, but I think they may have been better off having her just climb on his back and he could pull them both. It would still be hard as hell, but I'd rather risk it all on him instead of her.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:04 AM)
This is the problem with jumping into Justified like I did. Not sure how big of a deal it is when a seemingly major character is killed off.

It's not so much that Devil was a major character but it further establishes that Boyd is a bad ass and will even take out a friend if need be.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)
TJ killed it on the challenge again. He was cracking me up, everytime someone would appear out of the water, he would yell the correct answer in a loud, condescending voice, "The correct answer was BASEBALL!"

Leroy & Naomi had no chance in the Dome, but I think they may have been better off having her just climb on his back and he could pull them both. It would still be hard as hell, but I'd rather risk it all on him instead of her.

If there is ever a show where Leroy can compete on his own, he will win.

Deadwood is one of the most rewatchable shows I've ever seen. Just finished rewatching it a month ago or so... it's so f***ing good. The ending is a slight letdown, but the series as a whole is simply fantastic.

HBO has the whole first season of Game of Thrones On Demand but I just can't bring myself to start it. If it is as good as everyone says, I know I will like it but I'm not into the type of material. Is it a show that I can determine if I will like the rest after 1 episode?

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
HBO has the whole first season of Game of Thrones On Demand but I just can't bring myself to start it. If it is as good as everyone says, I know I will like it but I'm not into the type of material. Is it a show that I can determine if I will like the rest after 1 episode?

I think so. It is consistently great; no "you need to watch 5 episodes before it gets good".

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)

Yea I would say so. It's a pretty good intro episode, and gives you an idea of what to expect.

So I've been watching 2 shows from recommendations on here, Friday Night Lights and Workaholics. Watched the first season of Workaholics relatively quickly on Netflix, it definitely grew on me. FNL has been amazing so far, almost done with the first season, but Im kinda curious how they handle having 5 seasons, do they bring in new characters or something?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
Yea I would say so. It's a pretty good intro episode, and gives you an idea of what to expect.

So I've been watching 2 shows from recommendations on here, Friday Night Lights and Workaholics. Watched the first season of Workaholics relatively quickly on Netflix, it definitely grew on me. FNL has been amazing so far, almost done with the first season, but Im kinda curious how they handle having 5 seasons, do they bring in new characters or something?

Re: FNL, they bring in new characters pretty smoothly. You'll see. Don't get down on the show based on Season 2. Seasob 3 is amazing.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
Deadwood is one of the most rewatchable shows I've ever seen. Just finished rewatching it a month ago or so... it's so f***ing good. The ending is a slight letdown, but the series as a whole is simply fantastic.

It really sucks that they weren't at least given a heads up that they'd be cancelled, so they could have written a season 3 finale that could also work as a series finale.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
It really sucks that they weren't at least given a heads up that they'd be cancelled, so they could have written a season 3 finale that could also work as a series finale.

Agreed. There was talk of doing a mini-series after the fact to wrap things up, but it looks like that's unlikely at this point. A real shame too, as Deadwood was fantastic.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
Agreed. There was talk of doing a mini-series after the fact to wrap things up, but it looks like that's unlikely at this point. A real shame too, as Deadwood was fantastic.

I'm pretty sure Ian McShane said that it was never going to happen at this point (and that was years ago). All of the actors were down for it, apparently.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
I hate it when the walking dead sneak up on me.

I see what you did there.