2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
I know a lot of people that watch it, and I was under the impression that it was doing very well in the ratings. Am I incorrect?

Are you talking about Whitney? Because I have no clue what the ratings are. I watched the first 15 minutes of the pilot and turned it off.

I didn't notice it but heard Conan O'Brien had a cameo on HIMYM last night. He was a customer in the background in the bar. Just saw a pic.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
Why are you crying?

I feel so close to you right now....

"Shameless" is still feeling flat to me, but Amy Smart gets hotter and hotter the older she gets. Who else was hoping Fiona would go all the way with her?!

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
Are you talking about Whitney? Because I have no clue what the ratings are. I watched the first 15 minutes of the pilot and turned it off.

I didn't notice it but heard Conan O'Brien had a cameo on HIMYM last night. He was a customer in the background in the bar. Just saw a pic.

No, Parks & Rec.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)

I was flipping through the channels and caught one skit and had to change it.

TMZ - 'BIGGEST LOSER' CONTESTANTS Throw Weight Around, Threaten to Quit Show

There's a big, fat problem on the set of "The Biggest Loser" -- TMZ has learned nearly all of the remaining contestants have walked off the show and are threatening to quit after learning about a secret "twist" that could seriously affect their shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Multiple sources connected with the show tell us ... the mutiny took place this week ... when the losers got word that producers were considering bringing back previous contestants to compete for the grand prize.

We're told most of the current contestants were pissed -- feeling it was unfair that prior losers would get a second bite at the apple ... so they banded together and decided to protest by walking off the show in the middle of shooting an episode.

Sources tell us ... show honchos have shut down production for at least a week while they figure out how to handle the situation.

A rep for NBC had no comment on the situation.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
There has to be something in their contracts that would f*** them over for walking off the show right?

People quit reality shows all the time. They forfeit the winnings, obviously, by quitting, but it happens all the time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
People quit reality shows all the time. They forfeit the winnings, obviously, by quitting, but it happens all the time.

If one individual quits I can see the show being fine with it but if the whole group of them walk off the set costing the show $$ you'd think there is something they would be able to do to respond.

Caught up with Alcatraz and The River last night. Not sure why I watch either, but the Bulls game wasn't very entertaining for me.

Alcatraz is slowly starting to find its mojo. Last night's 2012 "case" seemed to take more of a backseat to the 63 portion and the extra stuff with the mysterious guy and the indian doctor (probably a bad sign that I don't know any of the characters names). My favorite was when the Warden popped into a scene out of no where on a chair. That would be a great .gif for someone to make.

The River. Meh. Same as last week with a little more flashback. Still crazy legend X that only the mechanic's daughter knows about (and worries about), someone sacrifices themselves, and the problem is solved. It's getting a little tiresome.

Edited by Jenksismybitch