2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
BREAKING BAD is the one show where I don't want to speculate on what may happen or could happen. Just gonna sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

I think it's one of the few shows where they don't lead you to guess where it's going, and the audience doesn't need to care. There's only one way this will end, and that's "badly for Walt".

Beyond that? Bring it on. I just wish the season weren't split, because the hubris of Walt is gaining ridiculous momentum right now.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 06:15 AM)
Took a chance on Copper on BBCA. Pretty damn good show.

I've got that taped. A lot of the reviews said it was an average premiere but the show had promise.

Hell on Wheels didn't really get much better through the first 2 episodes. Still an OK watch. Great music, great cinematography, meh writing and meh characters. I think it tries to be a little more serious that it comes off. And Common, as much as I like his music, just cannot act.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
Hell on Wheels didn't really get much better through the first 2 episodes. Still an OK watch. Great music, great cinematography, meh writing and meh characters. I think it tries to be a little more serious that it comes off. And Common, as much as I like his music, just cannot act.

Hell on Wheels isn't anywhere near as good as Deadwood. If you're debating whether you want to watch it or not, don't waste your time. Just watch Deadwood instead. It's that much better.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)
Best Suits episode yet. Fantastic. Harvey stoned? Motherf***ing money.

I really wish they didn't f*** over Rachel again though, kind of annoying. Also next season looks like his college credintials are going to be a focus again sadly.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
Boogie Nooooooooooooo!

That was one of the best episodes of Big Brother ever. You have to respect how Ian played it, even if he was letting Dan take the fall. I like how Boogie tipped his cap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 08:24 AM)
That was one of the best episodes of Big Brother ever. You have to respect how Ian played it, even if he was letting Dan take the fall. I like how Boogie tipped his cap.

Frank is a boss

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)
Best Suits episode yet. Fantastic. Harvey stoned? Motherf***ing money.

The whole stoned sequence was pretty good. We even get a little insight/background on Harvey. Unfortunately though the ending was kind of obvious from the time of grandma's funeral. I know it's tv but they need to either put Mike and Rachel to gether or just let her move on.

Other than that.....the whole summer season of Suits has been pretty good. Louis has been money all season. It will be interesting to see how Louis manages his position in the firm now that Daniel is gone again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 07:23 AM)
Breaking Bad is officially the best show ever. The slow development of Walt's character has been the most impressive act in the history.

After he did what he at the end last night we saw some of the old, panicky, scared Walt.

He walked up and shot Mike with so much confidence...until Mike drove off.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:05 AM)
After he did what he at the end last night we saw some of the old, panicky, scared Walt.

He walked up and shot Mike with so much confidence...until Mike drove off.

He snapped. He lost it, and then came to his senses. As much as Walt always has an idea and thinks he has things figured out, it was almost comical in how sad it was that he realized after he shot Mike that he didn't need to.

My wife and I laughed at Walter being Mr. Tough Guy to the cartel. That scene is just straight out of a bad mobster movie. I understand that's been going on for more than a season now, but it's still a little bit ridiculous. The rest of the episode was fantastic though.

And definitely RIP Mike. Much like Gus, I have a feeling Mike was nothing more than a bit character until the actor just knocked it out of the park in every scene. Very cool and memorable character. Sad to see him go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 03:04 AM)
The NewsRoom episode about Bin Laden was pretty damn cool

Too bad they couldn't have just ended the show after that episode. Like you said, it was a fantastic episode though. Some of the acting on that show is just awful.

Edited by fathom