2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
Oh snap, Dexter.

A whole bunch of s*** is about to hit the fan. Louis's blood spatter on the boat is no small deal.

I love that Deb realizes the necessity of Dexter, and i love it even more that he told her that he was the reason she caught so many criminals. Because it was true

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Caught up with last weeks Revolution and The Last Resort. I think Revolution is actually getting better each week. I've said before the flashbacks are a really cool story telling device, and they're using them well. Getting the back story of these characters, and some of what they had to go through after the black out, really adds to the show.

The Last Resort....meh. I want to like it, but the idea is just so ridiculous. And they hit the heavy with the XO's relationship way too early. Lots of crying and i'm left thinking "I don't care about this, someone blow some s*** up."

seriously? you guys like Revolution? ugh WHY? there's absolutely nothing good about it. story isn't deep. isn't all that interested. Charlie STILL cries over every f***ing person that dies. She continues to be the worst actor on the planet. and we're supposed to be all shocked that the good guy is actually the bad guy WHOAAAAA

gimme a break.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
seriously? you guys like Revolution? ugh WHY? there's absolutely nothing good about it. story isn't deep. isn't all that interested. Charlie STILL cries over every f***ing person that dies. She continues to be the worst actor on the planet. and we're supposed to be all shocked that the good guy is actually the bad guy WHOAAAAA

gimme a break.

They've pretty much beaten you over the head with the idea that he started the militia with good intentions and then at some point got out of it, presumably because they were doing things he didn't agree with. It's not the greatest show out there, but it's worth the 45 minutes IMO, and it's getting better each week. Charlie, however, is still awful. I agree with you there.

Walking Dead was much better from last year. Thank you writers for having the characters actually do something during an episode. Though RIP Herschel. Your veterinarian ...er...surgical/general medical care skills will be missed.

Homeland was solid again, especially the Carrie half of the episode. The Brody stuff is getting a tad ridiculous. If you're a terrorist group wanting to use Brody, wouldn't he be more valuable as the VP of the United States instead of some rogue Congressman? Why would you chance him getting caught by the CIA as they monitor the tailor? I dunno, to me that whole storyline is really dumb. Blackmailing him into doing what they want is a great angle. Having him stop the assassination attempt was awesome. But stealing intel out of a safe in a CIA director's office (w/magical intel about the safe's combination!) and dealing with the tailor were pretty dumb ideas.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
Walking Dead was much better from last year. Thank you writers for having the characters actually do something during an episode. Though RIP Herschel. Your veterinarian ...er...surgical/general medical care skills will be missed.

Is he RIP? We're lead to believe that lopping his leg off may save him? I didn't read the comics, and I don't really want to know the answer, but it was f***ing nasty/awesome nonetheless.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
Is he RIP? We're lead to believe that lopping his leg off may save him? I didn't read the comics, and I don't really want to know the answer, but it was f***ing nasty/awesome nonetheless.

Yeah, I guess I am jumping the gun a little there. I thought the "rules" they had set up prior was that since everyone carries the zombie disease, once you're bitten you become undead. But I also find it hard to believe that an old man can (1) withstand losing half a leg and that much blood and (2) would be able to stay alive in that world on crutches. But I guess we'll see.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 02:03 AM)
James Cromwell.

Oh ok, that Mellon guy. I didn't fully understand what was happening in those scenes. It seemed like they were discussing whether or not prohibition was/is a fiscally responsible amendment and deciding on whether to appeal it or not? And I assume that all the bootlegging people want to keep it a law, so they can continue to make bank off it illegally? Or is that not close?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:05 AM)
A whole bunch of s*** is about to hit the fan. Louis's blood spatter on the boat is no small deal.

I love that Deb realizes the necessity of Dexter, and i love it even more that he told her that he was the reason she caught so many criminals. Because it was true

I'm disappointed that the Louis storyline is done though. Thought it had more potential, and it ended so abruptly.

As much as I loved last night’s Walking Dead, I couldn’t help but to immediately question why Rick or anyone thought it’d be a good idea to have a 70 year old man join the team at the end of the episode to look for supplies. Not only is he old and slow but why would you risk losing your only medical expert and best farmer?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)
I'm disappointed that the Louis storyline is done though. Thought it had more potential, and it ended so abruptly.

I somewhat agree with you, but at the same time there is a lot going on right now. Dexter and Deb, LaGuerta, The Ukrainian Mob. I think it had to happen to start some other things moving. I think Louis' blood in Dexters boat is going to end up being a really big deal.

Also, I think either Quinn or Batista are gonna get killed this season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
I somewhat agree with you, but at the same time there is a lot going on right now. Dexter and Deb, LaGuerta, The Ukrainian Mob. I think it had to happen to start some other things moving. I think Louis' blood in Dexters boat is going to end up being a really big deal.

Also, I think either Quinn or Batista are gonna get killed this season.

I was really hoping the Ukranian mob would go away. I'm not digging that storyline. Obviously NOW they are tied to Dexter, but in the past 3 episodes it really didn't interest me at all if they were looking for Viktor or not looking for Viktor.

Even though my Louis theory seemed like it was kaput, I think there is still a chance it comes to fruition if Dexter tries to get them to believe Louis killed himself, since he just lost his job, his girlfriend, and didn't want to get caught for being a serial killer. But that would wrap things up too neatly, so I doubt it happens.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
I was really hoping the Ukranian mob would go away. I'm not digging that storyline. Obviously NOW they are tied to Dexter, but in the past 3 episodes it really didn't interest me at all if they were looking for Viktor or not looking for Viktor.

Even though my Louis theory seemed like it was kaput, I think there is still a chance it comes to fruition if Dexter tries to get them to believe Louis killed himself, since he just lost his job, his girlfriend, and didn't want to get caught for being a serial killer. But that would wrap things up too neatly, so I doubt it happens.

LOL, that is unfortunate that you dont like it, seeing as it is the central storyline.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
Yeah, I guess I am jumping the gun a little there. I thought the "rules" they had set up prior was that since everyone carries the zombie disease, wants you're bitten you become undead. But I also find it hard to believe that an old man can (1) withstand losing half a leg and that much blood and (2) would be able to stay alive in that world on crutches. But I guess we'll see.

Yeah - good points. Also, we've realized over the first two hit/miss seasons that sometimes the rules are bent when convenient!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Yeah - good points. Also, we've realized over the first two hit/miss seasons that sometimes the rules are bent when convenient!

That storyline has been tweaked from the comic book. Dale was the one who was supposed to be bit and have his leg cut off, so I guess this is his replacement.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)

It's also hard to ignore the rule that humans = zombie movement, except where convenient. "Oh hey, there's a zombie on the ground not moving at all. We'll walk past him. Whoa, wait a minute, he just lunged with amazing speed 3 minutes after we walked past him. Makes sense!"

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
Oh ok, that Mellon guy. I didn't fully understand what was happening in those scenes. It seemed like they were discussing whether or not prohibition was/is a fiscally responsible amendment and deciding on whether to appeal it or not? And I assume that all the bootlegging people want to keep it a law, so they can continue to make bank off it illegally? Or is that not close?

I think that sounds about right. For the money they are spending to enforce & prosecute the law, the amount of people convicted has been minimal. And Mellon mentioned that bribery is a big reason for that too. So they may think about appealing it, and of course this would destroy the bootleggers main source of income if it became legal again.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)

Not quite. Mellon is the secretary of the treasury, which is the department tasked with enforcing prohibition. The issue is basically "Why aren't there more bootleggers getting put in prison?" The senate committee (and the guy in the middle was Senator Walter Edge from New Jersey's, Nucky's former friend) was questioning Mellon about this, he told them to compare arrests with convictions, and that problem wasn't with the Treasury, but the Department of Justice. The implication there is that the DoJ is very corrupt, none moreso than the Attorney General himself, Harry Dougherty. Dougherty is Nucky's most powerful friend in DC, and it could be bad for Nucky if he comes under scrutiny.

That's what that Means guy (the one with the southern accent played by Stephen Root) found so interesting -- he knows s*** could hit the fan.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
It's also hard to ignore the rule that humans = zombie movement, except where convenient. "Oh hey, there's a zombie on the ground not moving at all. We'll walk past him. Whoa, wait a minute, he just lunged with amazing speed 3 minutes after we walked past him. Makes sense!"

Another part from the comics, some zombies are known as sleepers, they aren't as active as walkers and really only wake when hit or walked by closely.

From what I understand, getting bit by a zombie doesn't simply turn you into one. There is just so much bacteria (and obviously so little medical care available) that the person dies from the wound/injuries and THEN turns because everyone is already infected. My guess is that Herschel lives.

Joe, I think your assessment from Boardwalk is right.

Can someone explain to me whether Ray Stevenson's character is Ukrainian or British? I know he said he went to school in England, but I'm not hearing a Ukrainian accent at all and the actor is obviously British.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
Another part from the comics, some zombies are known as sleepers, they aren't as active as walkers and really only wake when hit or walked by closely.

That just makes me hate the writing on the show even more. And if that's the case, wouldn't they make it a priority to check those zombies just to be sure they're dead?

Also, my wife and I couldn't remember - was there an explanation for why the zombies don't just "die" from lack of food? Do they need any (wasn't that the point of them moving out of the city into the country)? Could they conceivably just continue on for the next 100 years? Or can the humans realistically try and wait them out?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
That just makes me hate the writing on the show even more. And if that's the case, wouldn't they make it a priority to check those zombies just to be sure they're dead?

Also, my wife and I couldn't remember - was there an explanation for why the zombies don't just "die" from lack of food? Do they need any (wasn't that the point of them moving out of the city into the country)? Could they conceivably just continue on for the next 100 years? Or can the humans realistically try and wait them out?

I dont believe they have explained the rules for whether the zombies can starve.

And the writing is fine if they are suggesting this is the first time they ran into a sleeper and thus they had no reason to worry.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
From what I understand, getting bit by a zombie doesn't simply turn you into one. There is just so much bacteria (and obviously so little medical care available) that the person dies from the wound/injuries and THEN turns because everyone is already infected. My guess is that Herschel lives.

Joe, I think your assessment from Boardwalk is right.

Can someone explain to me whether Ray Stevenson's character is Ukrainian or British? I know he said he went to school in England, but I'm not hearing a Ukrainian accent at all and the actor is obviously British.

I think thats it. They will just leave it at that. Upper class super rich killer mobster

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)

Because this wasn't really introduced in the comics until this point, and they did learn from it after that event. Theyre following the comics more, which is fantastic, it's never going to be perfect but it's gonna be good.

Also, zombies technically don't need nutrition, they will however decay.