2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
I deleted it from DVR. Just can't get into it since pilot. I like ELEMENTARY a lot.

seriously?

seriously?

just watch Sherlock on Netflix. no horrible lucy liu trying to act.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody still watching The Challenge? Is it just me or this the worst season ever? Maybe it's because I don't know half this people, or maybe these people just suck at life? Pretty weak season though, really hoping that Brooklyn or Vegas hang on and win it all.

Solid Dexter, but how has no one noticed that Louis is gone yet? I understand he no longer works at Miami Metro, and Jamie broke up with him, but you'd think Jamie would wonder where he went, or he would come up as a missing person by his family or something.

That blood of his on Dexter's boat better come in to play at some point.

Oh, and what was with that foreign guy having the crime scene tag on his place? And was that guy in the picture supposed to be Viktor?

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)
Solid Dexter, but how has no one noticed that Louis is gone yet? I understand he no longer works at Miami Metro, and Jamie broke up with him, but you'd think Jamie would wonder where he went, or he would come up as a missing person by his family or something.

Oh, and what was with that foreign guy having the crime scene tag on his place? And was that guy in the picture supposed to be Viktor?

They never mentioned Louis having a family and all ties to ther characters were cut before he was off'd so I wouldn't worry about that. It will come up when the blood is found.

I think Victor was the mob boss' kid. That is what I took from it anyway. That guy is a great villian thus far. Not as good as Lithgow, but like it so far.

Great start after two bad seasons.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)

Yeah I am pretty sure that was supposed to be where Viktor was staying which is why the crime scene tag was on his door. I cant tell if it is his son, best friend, or even lover. When the club manager talked about how Viktor was a loose cannon and brought heat on them, he responded by saying that Viktor was loyal and a good man. You would think if that was his kid, he would have said so right there, and you also would think everyone in the mob would KNOW that was his kid.

The blood on Dexters boat has to come into play. They wouldnt have focused on it when it happened if it wasnt important.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
Anybody still watching The Challenge? Is it just me or this the worst season ever? Maybe it's because I don't know half this people, or maybe these people just suck at life? Pretty weak season though, really hoping that Brooklyn or Vegas hang on and win it all.

Yeah, I just caught up recently and it's very meh. By far the worst season IMO. Wes was one of the few interesting characters and he got knocked out too early.

I don't understand how big easy keeps getting invited. He's useless.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 09:10 AM)
I don't understand how big easy keeps getting invited. He's useless.

Yeah, he's the biggest fail in Challenge history.

This season should pick up as the noobs have to start offing one another.

So I thought Walking Dead was pretty good. Still too much Lori - two episodes of her trying to have the same conversation with Rick, why can't they just have it and get it over with? Why do we need 5-7 minutes each episode about it? But I liked the prisoner angle as it added more tension to the episode. Looking forward to next week with that "town" Andrea and the ninja lady find.

Homeland - I'm still bored and confused by some of the story lines. particularly the one veteran's quest to find out what happened with Walker/Brody, and Brody's daughter dating the VP's son ..... what's the point of those other than filler? But wow, that ending was great.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
Homeland - I'm still bored and confused by some of the story lines. particularly the one veteran's quest to find out what happened with Walker/Brody, and Brody's daughter dating the VP's son ..... what's the point of those other than filler? But wow, that ending was great.

I think those will bear fruit. Per the vet, Brody is about to disappear just as his old marines are starting to look into him. But I also think it served to show just how impossible it would be for brody to preserve himself as those around him started treated him like a human being and not an object that couldn't be criticized.

I think on the daughter angle, one this is a show about all the characters. But clearly she's drawn to people who can understand her circumstances. BUT, her father, at some point, will be proven to have tried to kill his father. It's not a bad idea to establish their characters now because that is a huge story line for them. How they deal with their father/husband going from hero to politician to terrorist.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
So I thought Walking Dead was pretty good. Still too much Lori - two episodes of her trying to have the same conversation with Rick, why can't they just have it and get it over with? Why do we need 5-7 minutes each episode about it? But I liked the prisoner angle as it added more tension to the episode. Looking forward to next week with that "town" Andrea and the ninja lady find.

Because if they get it over with, the show will just move on to another plot device that you will whine about after every episode taking too long and cluttering up the show. Lori and Rick's relationship is a main element of the show, get over it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
Because if they get it over with, the show will just move on to another plot device that you will whine about after every episode taking too long and cluttering up the show. Lori and Rick's relationship is a main element of the show, get over it.

Spoiler for the graphic novel, related to this:

Even after Lori dies she still ruins the story by Rick going crazy/blaming himself for it.

So no matter what, Lori f***s with the story.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
Spoiler for the graphic novel, related to this:

Even after Lori dies she still ruins the story by Rick going crazy/blaming himself for it.

So no matter what, Lori f***s with the story.

It is obvious that she will always be a motivation/prop for Rick. He wakes up in the hospital, what is the first thing he wants to do? Find Lori. He finds her, all he wants to do is keep her and his son safe. Now he knows she stepped out on him with Shane and things are complicated. Its part of the show. You are doing yourself a disservice if you are sitting there hoping it is going to go away, because it isnt.

But that's crap. It doesn't need to be that way. They can split, or just not talk to each other. Or guess what, they can f***ing deal with it instead of talking about over and over and over again without actually talking about anything. It's boring as sin and it's a huge problem with the show. I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be a part of the show, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. At this point Lori isn't driving him to do anything. The group has taken her place.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:19 AM)
But that's crap. It doesn't need to be that way. They can split, or just not talk to each other. Or guess what, they can f***ing deal with it instead of talking about over and over and over again without actually talking about anything. It's boring as sin and it's a huge problem with the show. I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be a part of the show, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. At this point Lori isn't driving him to do anything. The group has taken her place.

Yes, they should just deal with it so you can complain about that too. You dont like the show, you just like complaining about it. I stopped talking about it in this thread because you do nothing but complain about it.

complain.

complain.

complain.

I asked before and I will ask again, why do you even watch it? You are like that guy that would listen to every Mancow show from start to finish only to report it to the FCC

The fact is, the show, nor the graphic novel, is perfect. It's never going to please everyone, but I sure am f***ing pumped with how they have gone about this season so far, and with Woodbury coming into the picture it's going to get really intense and most everyone is going to love the story.

Even in the graphic novel the characters can get annoying, and that's because they try to make them human and add emotions that don't fit in a zombie world (and who knows how a group of survivors would act in a zombie world, it's just their portrayal).

Ripping on The Walking Dead when they were wasting 8 episodes trying to find a little girl or at some boring farm is one thing, but the first two episodes this season have been awesome. Rick's giving her the cold shoulder because she's knocked up with another man's kid. It's still a storyline. He loves her, but that s***'s complicated, son.

I was so happy when Rick put that machete through that prisoner's head.

Seriously, just sit back and enjoy The Walking Dead this year and stop picking it apart. The show is f***ing awesome right now!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
Ripping on The Walking Dead when they were wasting 8 episodes trying to find a little girl or at some boring farm is one thing, but the first two episodes this season have been awesome. Rick's giving her the cold shoulder because she's knocked up with another man's kid. It's still a storyline. He loves her, but that s***'s complicated, son.

I was so happy when Rick put that machete through that prisoner's head.

Seriously, just sit back and enjoy The Walking Dead this year and stop picking it apart. The show is f***ing awesome right now!

And i've admitted as such. All I pointed out was that Lori is still awful. Do other people seriously disagree with that?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
And i've admitted as such. All I pointed out was that Lori is still awful. Do other people seriously disagree with that?

Eh, I have a preggo fettish, so I'm down with Lori this season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Youre a sick man.

I LOL'd. It was a joke. I do, however, want to knock my wife up for the pregnancy sexxx. I guess that's just me being a red-blooded man, though!

Edited by Steve9347