2012 TV Thread

knightni

Was anyone else genuinely happy for Richard in that dance scene? I was honestly smiling.

You just know that Gillian is going to ruin it for him, though. And that fear leads me to worry that he's going to get the Opie treatment where he continually loses everything he cares about and eventually accepts death freely. Can't wait to see where the Van Alden/Capone thing goes. I loved the Gyp scene with the Colonial General hat. Over-the-top as he is, it's still an incredibly intriguing character. It was also cool for the Nucky speech to the other bosses to foreshadow the future of the mob system that is so closely associated with Luciano.

As to the Walking Dead, I'm sure that phone call at the end will be in Rick's mind to illustrate him losing it. I imagine that zombie he killed had just eaten Lori's body, that being why it was so slow and engorged. I guess there are two ways to look at that scene, though. It looked "pregnant", so it could symbolize his desire to kill Lori and the child, when he stabbed the stomach. Or it could be just his desire to kill Lori, as the stomach was full of her.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Was anyone else genuinely happy for Richard in that dance scene? I was honestly smiling.

You just know that Gillian is going to ruin it for him, though. And that fear leads me to worry that he's going to get the Opie treatment where he continually loses everything he cares about and eventually accepts death freely. Can't wait to see where the Van Alden/Capone thing goes. I loved the Gyp scene with the Colonial General hat. Over-the-top as he is, it's still an incredibly intriguing character. It was also cool for the Nucky speech to the other bosses to foreshadow the future of the mob system that is so closely associated with Luciano.

As to the Walking Dead, I'm sure that phone call at the end will be in Rick's mind to illustrate him losing it. I imagine that zombie he killed had just eaten Lori's body, that being why it was so slow and engorged. I guess there are two ways to look at that scene, though. It looked "pregnant", so it could symbolize his desire to kill Lori and the child, when he stabbed the stomach. Or it could be just his desire to kill Lori, as the stomach was full of her.

I liked that scene with Gyp simply because I am currently playing AC3, and they mentioned that General was from Monmouth County, which is one of the counties in the game. I just wish I could remember the name of the general. I wonder if he is in this game.

EDIT: It was bugging me, so I found that part of the episode. It was from, as Gyp calls him, "Mad" Anthony Wayne. Interesting enough, Fort Wayne Indiana is named after General Wayne. And although he is actually in AC3, he has just a small role in one of the side missions.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)

I used to like the Gillian character. Now I'd be totally cool with her dying (which is a compliment to Gretchen Mol). And I agree -- felt really happy for Harrow there. Like you though, I feel it's going to end poorly for him.

Yeah, I liked the Luciano parallel as well. I think Rosetti ends up doing something dumb that makes him fall out of favor with Masarea.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)

I used to like the Gillian character. Now I'd be totally cool with her dying (which is a compliment to Gretchen Mol). And I agree -- felt really happy for Harrow there. Like you though, I feel it's going to end poorly for him.

Yeah, I liked the Luciano parallel as well. I think Rosetti ends up doing something dumb that makes him fall out of favor with Masarea.

I hope he does some more choke banging first

Homeland with a solid episode. Although it looks like Finn's character might be leaving, I hope Dana keeps getting a lot of screen time. A lot of shows seem to just sort of throw a family in there as filler for the protagonist, but Homeland has done a really good job of having Dana give a simpler take on events in the show. I'm actually sort of surprised at how refreshing of a perspective it is.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
Homeland with a solid episode. Although it looks like Finn's character might be leaving, I hope Dana keeps getting a lot of screen time. A lot of shows seem to just sort of throw a family in there as filler for the protagonist, but Homeland has done a really good job of having Dana give a simpler take on events in the show. I'm actually sort of surprised at how refreshing of a perspective it is.

Her constant whining is annoying me though. And if you caught the very funny parody of the show on SNL last Saturday, you would also notice she is now known between my friends as sweaterhands.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)

Absolutely. My wife and I were smiling involuntarily that entire scene. So happy for that fake character moving on the picture box in my living room. Here's to hoping that Richard kidnaps Tommy and moves in with the new girl. It would also be nice if Gillian died and Richard, his new girl and Tommy got to live in that big mansion with all that money. Since Richard is no longer a hit man, that seems like the most obvious end to his storyline (unless they go dark and have Gillian ruin everything).

Gyp has been a great addition this season too. Loved the hat at the end. He's such a psycho.

The Walking Dead was the first major snooze of the year. That was a lot like last season. Rick being irrational, Andrea complaining, everyone else marching in place. Meh. It's really too bad that we can't get some kind of background for Michonne. Such a cool character but they have her do the same thing every episode.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)

Absolutely. My wife and I were smiling involuntarily that entire scene. So happy for that fake character moving on the picture box in my living room. Here's to hoping that Richard kidnaps Tommy and moves in with the new girl. It would also be nice if Gillian died and Richard, his new girl and Tommy got to live in that big mansion with all that money. Since Richard is no longer a hit man, that seems like the most obvious end to his storyline (unless they go dark and have Gillian ruin everything).

Gyp has been a great addition this season too. Loved the hat at the end. He's such a psycho.

The Walking Dead was the first major snooze of the year. That was a lot like last season. Rick being irrational, Andrea complaining, everyone else marching in place. Meh. It's really too bad that we can't get some kind of background for Michonne. Such a cool character but they have her do the same thing every episode.

I'm not so sure Richard is done being a hitman, though. I think I've seen him in some kind of action in the previews.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
I liked The Walking Dead, but I have to say this: I like the actor that plays Merle, but he would have gotten his ass kicked by that bruiser in that fight.

It's possible that the Govenor's comment about it being a show (no-teeth zombies) also meant that the fight itself was fake.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 10:18 AM)
I'm not so sure Richard is done being a hitman, though. I think I've seen him in some kind of action in the previews.

I wonder if Nucky will try to hire him?? I know Richard was friends with Jimmy, but in the earlier scene he said understood that Jimmy was a soldier and it was strictly business. We know Nucky can use all the help he can get.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 08:08 AM)
It's possible that the Govenor's comment about it being a show (no-teeth zombies) also meant that the fight itself was fake.

That is true I suppose. But it didnt appear that part was fake.

Also, it kind of looked like the Governers daughter should have bit him when he was brushing her hair and she started moving. at the very least his arm was right in front of her face and she didnt go after him. I didnt really like that

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 06:17 AM)
That is true I suppose. But it didnt appear that part was fake.

Also, it kind of looked like the Governers daughter should have bit him when he was brushing her hair and she started moving. at the very least his arm was right in front of her face and she didnt go after him. I didnt really like that

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

To the Walking Dead comic book readers, I assume that the experiments that the Governors scientist is conducting are of the "cure my daughter" variety?

Also, in the comic did the Governor lose his eye, or came in with the eye patch?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Indeed. That show is some pretty darn entertaining television this season.

My roommate and I were talking about how just when we think the show can't get any more whacked out (ie, we thought it was nuts, then they added a Nazi...and THEN they added "Anne Frank"...)...and then it turns out that

Threadson is a serial killer, who just conveniently happened to get a taped "confession" from Kit Walker to have a cover for all the people Threadson actually killed.

Stranger and stranger every week.