2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:18 AM)
I don't watch Walking Dead anymore but seems some shows are only being talked about when characters are being killed off. That isn't a good formula IMO.

You certainly picked the wrong time to drop the show. This season has been fantastic.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
SOA is on the DVR from last night but Boardwalk and SOA are killing cast members off at a pretty regular clip and I am not sure what I think about it. It really is getting tough to follow SOA while Boardwalk seems to just create new folks.

SOA has been killing characters off since the beginning of the show. But they keep adding new ones as well. Like last night.

I've read that the character Donal Logue is playing is a US Marshall that was forced into retirement because of excessive use of violence. I've also read theories that he was connected to the nurse that Otto killed. Which is why he's going after Otto and now Tara.

I'm curious as to what Jax has planned for Pope & Tig. I can't see how they both survive.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Who else has been killed on SOA? I stopped watching, but I'd be interested to know.

I guess it depends on when you stopped watching.

The biggest ones were Opie and Piney. The 3 no-mads, Tig's daughter, Roosevelt's wife, 1 prospect and 1 patched member who I can't remember his name right now.

All 3 shows I watched tonight were great.

Dexter:

Kind of wished they killed Hannah, just because it would have been surprising and different, but I don't mind her character. Interesting that they are possibly introducing a new villian so late in the season, although that fire inspector guy may just be alive until next week. This season looks to finish as strong as it started. Still can't believe Quinn is still alive.

Homeland:

Oh man, that was intense. I forgot about the suspicious they had of Quinn when he first arrived. That was a good storyline to see flesh out. I wonder who that other agent is that is above Estes though.

Boardwalk:

Great episode, but can anyone tell me how the hell Eddie got shot? IIRC, I was in the same room as Nucky, behind him, and no one even fired a bullet at Nucky. So how did Eddie get hit? Oh, and I reeeeeeally hope Gillian dies now. I didn't mind her before, but her being s***ty with Harrow was sad and I hope Gyp dicks her in to a heart attack.

Also, while watching some interviews, I found Mickey Doyle was a real person (Mickey Duffy, really). And that lead me to reading about Meyer Lanksy, who I knew was real, but didn't realize he was born in 1902. That means really, he should be about 21 years old now in the show, and Luciano should be about 26. But on the show, it seems like Lansky is about 30.

Dexter has me a little thrown off. The issue with the Kaschka's is obviously not concluded yet because Quinn is still alive and just did something stupid, and Isaak got shot by the bar manager. Hannah is still alive, but obviously Deb wants her gone. And now LaGuerta is bringing the old captain back into the mix, and she is hot on Dexters trail.

This season is probably going to end on a big cliffhanger to next.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)
All 3 shows I watched tonight were great.

Dexter:

Kind of wished they killed Hannah, just because it would have been surprising and different, but I don't mind her character. Interesting that they are possibly introducing a new villian so late in the season, although that fire inspector guy may just be alive until next week. This season looks to finish as strong as it started. Still can't believe Quinn is still alive.

Homeland:

Oh man, that was intense. I forgot about the suspicious they had of Quinn when he first arrived. That was a good storyline to see flesh out. I wonder who that other agent is that is above Estes though.

Boardwalk:

Great episode, but can anyone tell me how the hell Eddie got shot? IIRC, I was in the same room as Nucky, behind him, and no one even fired a bullet at Nucky. So how did Eddie get hit? Oh, and I reeeeeeally hope Gillian dies now. I didn't mind her before, but her being s***ty with Harrow was sad and I hope Gyp dicks her in to a heart attack.

Boardwalk was good, setting up for what should be a fantastic finale.

How about that Capone scene at the end? "We've been on the road for 18 hours. I need a bath, some chow and then you and me sit down.... and we talk about who dies." Harrow laying out his guns was great too, but I have a bad feeling he isn't making it out of this season alive. It'd be great if he does, though.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)

How about that Capone scene at the end? "We've been on the road for 18 hours. I need a bath, some chow and then you and me sit down.... and we talk about who dies." Harrow laying out his guns was great too, but I have a bad feeling he isn't making it out of this season alive. It'd be great if he does, though.

I don't think that character at the end was referring to either himself or Nucky, I think he meant they are going to work together to go after someone, or at least that's how I took it, given they both obviously have to survive this meeting and in the previews for next week they don't make it seem like they are battling each other.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)

That is one of my fears as well.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)
I don't think that character at the end was referring to either himself or Nucky, I think he meant they are going to work together to go after someone, or at least that's how I took it, given they both obviously have to survive this meeting and in the previews for next week they don't make it seem like they are battling each other.

Clearly.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
They suggested it highly in the previews for next week, but that could just be a ploy.

Even when they were in the elevator, it seemed too obvious. Hope its not and their is a twist of some kind.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)
Even when they were in the elevator, it seemed too obvious. Hope its not and their is a twist of some kind.

He stood up and his outline exactly matched the outline of the firesuit. Its too obvious, but I have very little doubt that it is him

Wait a second, I just had a thought. Dexter can pin the bay harbor butcher on the arsonist bad guy and throw La Guerta off the trail.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
I took it no other way than Capone and his guys are there to get Nucky back in control.

Harrow somehow has to get into the mix and be an enforcer for Nucky or knocks off Gillian to get the kid.

I don't know that Harrow will actually kill Gillian, but I think the kid will end up with Harrow.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)

Absolutely, that Capone quote was outstanding. The previews make the finale seem pretty intense. They obviously aren't scared of killing off popular main characters and the preview talked about a "sacrifice", should be good.